Fantastic Family Community Milestones Event - Final Fight Count: 1,162,760,840

1246710

Comments

  • edited October 31

    I for one am pleased that they have done this but no matter what, they cant cater to everyone. Everyone is at different stages in the game, but progress on their own terms. Not when everyone tells them too. I think that's the whole point they are trying to convey.

    But they can cater to everyone, they have many times in the past. They have progression based titles that they could have broken down real REWARDS(crystals, shards & rank up materials), instead of a (not great) resource mgmt tool, some boosts, gold and free AQ that "applies to all."

    But is doesn't apply to all, maybe 5% of the playerbase will play more because of these rewards, maybe 10%. But most here aren't excited. Kabam could have easily gotten 90-95% of the active playerbase to be excited & play more to reach decent, non game breaking progression-based rewards.
    This is fact and not conjecture. The rewards for last years Nov 2018 event was better than now. There's no way to get hype for an event that is more than a year behind in rewards. My hope is the Var 4 and 6.3 are exceptional. It worries me a bit the way most a talking about it.

    I don't even see the usual bunch aggressively defending Kabam which is more than odd.
    I think what you're referring to is the Champion's Clash, which was a special High Difficulty Challenge Quest, and not a Side Quest such as this. It was, at the time, one of the most difficult challenges that we had ever introduced.

    It consisted of 2 Chapters: The first of which was accessible, but difficult for most Mid-High Tier Summoners.
    The second was a very difficult quest that was a challenge even for our top end players. You can take a look back at that Quest here, and the reaction that it garnered in the following pages: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/109351/announcing-the-champion-s-clash/

    Challenge Quests are not the same as Side Quests. They are special occurrences that happen from time to time. In fact, we recently did a Content Creator Boss Rush in September that was significantly easier and contained a 5-Star Crystal as the reward. That would be a more apt comparison.
    I think you're missing the entire point. The perception of these events is that they are pretty disappointing. They are grindy with very little pay off. The free AQ week only matters if you're doing maps 5-7. The Invasions cost energy in an already bloated month for content(new EQ and 6.3) and don't offer that much in terms of rewards. You wouldn't even get a full 5* from doing the grind every day.

    You have two events running and I get why you chose to do daily events. It'll help the total number of fights go up faster theoretically. The issue with that is the rewards have to be worth doing to grind them daily. I guarantee you that Halls of Healing and Halls of Fortune would be much more appreciated than this side quest which looks like an energy drain for "meh" rewards.

    This is coupled with special event let down, 6.2 being not well received, the new calendars being minimally better. The perception from your players is that you are doing the minimum to make us happy. This is the culmination of a year long event and you received a very tepid response. That isn't good.
    I have not missed that point, and have made sure we've conveyed that to the entire team. I've had a lot of conversations with lots of different members of the Community about it, and I definitely get it. I'm not saying that you guys don't have a point, but I do want to differentiate Side Quest content from regular month to month side Quests.

    I will argue that we never do the Minimum. Every month we do our best to bring you guys something new, or different, or exciting. Rewards are a big part of that, and I agree that not everybody is going to be excited about every reward, and that balancing rewards and difficulty for an entire community that has such varied levels of progression is always extremely difficult.

    Very late game players are the one group that we don't lump in with everybody else, but have been tailoring content for throughout the year in the form of Back Issues Variant Difficulties, the addition of Alliance Quest modifiers (more information on those coming soon), Act 6, and other challenges.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 8,901 Guardian

    You have the mindset of someone who is satisfied and that's fine for you but some of us want to have fun and make the game as good as possible.

    And what do the rest of you want.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 8,901 Guardian

    DNA3000 said:

    You have the mindset of someone who is satisfied and that's fine for you but some of us want to have fun and make the game as good as possible.

    And what do the rest of you want.
    I just said we want to have fun and make the game as good as possible. The rest are likely leaving outside of the ones that are satisfied such as yourself, but I don't care for the people that no longer contribute, unless its just a break.
    You said some of you want to have fun and make the game as good as possible. I'm curious to know what the rest of you want. If you're including me in "us" please don't, because you don't speak for me, and characterizing me as someone that doesn't want to have fun and isn't working to make the game as good as possible is inaccurate and insulting.

    I find a lot of complaints counter-productive, which is why I don't support them. I could be wrong, but I still have to call them like I see them. For example, I've repeatedly explained my position on in-game monetary offers. A lot of people complain they contain poor value. I believe that this is good for the game, because high value cash offers devalue gameplay value. So demanding that they contain ever increasing value is to me damaging to the game.

    And while I think there's a lot of ways to improve the rewards in the game, the constant complaining about how the rewards aren't "relevant to the meta" are I believe completely overlooking how games like this are developed. Rewards are not a point in time thing. Rewards, even when it doesn't appear so on short time scales, are a rate thing. Rewards do go up constantly on long time scales, and that rate is very tricky to control, because it is very difficult to reduce. The more rewards the game gives out, the quicker it has to simply obsolete those rewards by introducing higher tier ones. A lot of people complained about the introduction of 6* champs. A lot of those very same people demanded higher rates of 5* shard acquisition and faster rank up resource rewards. Those two are connected: one ultimately caused the other. This was something I actually predicted significantly before it happened, because it is a design inevitability.

    That doesn't mean there's no room for adjustment or review, but I see no nuance to the complaints at all. I see people saying the rewards are bad, getting worse, and it will be the quick death of the game. Maybe somewhere in there is a valid point about rewards, but I would never willingly stand by and hand the keys to the game to someone with that point of view. In my opinion, *that* would be the quick death of the game.

    I want a fun game that improves over time at least as much as you. I've been offering criticism and feedback since almost the beginning. But I don't claim to be representing anyone but myself and I don't take credit for bringing back the Sun in the morning.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 8,901 Guardian

    DNA3000 said:

    DNA3000 said:

    You have the mindset of someone who is satisfied and that's fine for you but some of us want to have fun and make the game as good as possible.

    And what do the rest of you want.
    I just said we want to have fun and make the game as good as possible. The rest are likely leaving outside of the ones that are satisfied such as yourself, but I don't care for the people that no longer contribute, unless its just a break.
    You said some of you want to have fun and make the game as good as possible. I'm curious to know what the rest of you want. If you're including me in "us" please don't, because you don't speak for me, and characterizing me as someone that doesn't want to have fun and isn't working to make the game as good as possible is inaccurate and insulting.

    I find a lot of complaints counter-productive, which is why I don't support them. I could be wrong, but I still have to call them like I see them. For example, I've repeatedly explained my position on in-game monetary offers. A lot of people complain they contain poor value. I believe that this is good for the game, because high value cash offers devalue gameplay value. So demanding that they contain ever increasing value is to me damaging to the game.

    And while I think there's a lot of ways to improve the rewards in the game, the constant complaining about how the rewards aren't "relevant to the meta" are I believe completely overlooking how games like this are developed. Rewards are not a point in time thing. Rewards, even when it doesn't appear so on short time scales, are a rate thing. Rewards do go up constantly on long time scales, and that rate is very tricky to control, because it is very difficult to reduce. The more rewards the game gives out, the quicker it has to simply obsolete those rewards by introducing higher tier ones. A lot of people complained about the introduction of 6* champs. A lot of those very same people demanded higher rates of 5* shard acquisition and faster rank up resource rewards. Those two are connected: one ultimately caused the other. This was something I actually predicted significantly before it happened, because it is a design inevitability.

    That doesn't mean there's no room for adjustment or review, but I see no nuance to the complaints at all. I see people saying the rewards are bad, getting worse, and it will be the quick death of the game. Maybe somewhere in there is a valid point about rewards, but I would never willingly stand by and hand the keys to the game to someone with that point of view. In my opinion, *that* would be the quick death of the game.

    I want a fun game that improves over time at least as much as you. I've been offering criticism and feedback since almost the beginning. But I don't claim to be representing anyone but myself and I don't take credit for bringing back the Sun in the morning.
    Stop with the word play. I included you specifically in the satisfied player section which you are and you don't deny. There was no mention in you being included in "us" when I already cited your category. So yes, you are a satisfied player, you don't see any issue with the monthly event overall. That is very clear.
    I appreciate you clarifying for me what my opinion is. Now tell me what number am I thinking.
  • Keenmonkey_5Keenmonkey_5 Posts: 28
    What will the epic difficulty look like? 30k PI defenders with multiple nodes? Will midgame players such as myself be able to complete without spending items? I'm currently at the stage where I need t5b and t2a for further progression. I can get the same amount of t5b for a little more than a week of AQ from the glory store. But if I have to spend units or revives and potions to get through the 14 days of invasions from what I can get from a week of AQ using no/ free items, what's the point of trying. My items could be more useful in other aspects of the game. I'm holding my breath for difficulty for now but much less hyped than I was last week. The community event is meh at best. Definitely not going to increase play time for previously accessible perks. Just my 2 cents.
  • Bidzy7Bidzy7 Posts: 171
    as the culmination of a year long event introducing the fantastic 4 into the battle realm, the conclusion seems underwhelming.

    The milestones rewards for the community challenge aren't very exciting.
    based on numbers I've seen it seems 250 million is the average fights completed per week.
    this event is 4 weeks long and has 5 milestones so if each milestone takes 250 million it means players would have to be more active to achieve the last milestone. Why would players try to achieve the last milestone ?
    most alliances running map 5-7 have the resources to run those maps anyway. Its hardly an exciting incentive and we have had free AQ maps throughout the year and usually have it several times throughout the year for various reasons. The top Milestone should of at least been something super exciting like access to a special event where you face off against all members of the fantastic 4 and Dr Doom etc for some fantastic rewards, maybe the 2 * arena for a 5 star crystal etc.

    Also in general the side events have been a real grind. you have the EQ, the side quest, AQ, AW, Arena. that's a lot of time grinding away in a game each month.

    for the past 4 months the side quests have looked like such

    July - Grinding Side Quest
    August - Grinding Side Quest
    September - Grinding Side Quest
    October - Grinding Side quest

    and now next month its the same but you seem to be getting less in the rewards. The last decent side quest i can remember was probably the Alantian rifts.
    just feels like you have run out of ideas for fun events and for me the game is just getting boring.


    Last year October we had the lil symbiode event which was super fun.
    This October was underwhelming to say the least and quite frankly boring.
    Also don't we usually get a special Halloween Calendar normally ? I seem to remember a Spooky crystal
    Oh wait its just been moved to be given after getting the community milestone

  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,083 ★★★
    There are a lot of posts on here saying how underwhelming the community event rewards are but very suggestions on improving this. Miike please take this suggestion back to the game team. With the hype behind an event like this why not make the rewards a return to the events players loved that we haven't seen given out regularly like dungeon days and free aq maps which occur semi annually normally. The gold arena is a nice reward since players have been asking for something like this but why not replace dungeon days with a return of gwenpool goes to the movies. Dungeon days could be replaced by a 2* arena which was a huge hit. The boost calendar while nice for lower tier players could be replaced with a rankup calendar that offers rankup materials to give players the material to get closer to their next champ upgrade (anything from t4b t1a t2a shards or full t4cc shards or full and t5b shards). Since this game is about collecting and ranking champs this would fit the hype and excitement that was built around this event.
  • RustyB1adeRustyB1ade Posts: 2
    Just add milestone rewards just like every other alliance event.
    Whenever the community reach a milestone, they unlock one of the events you mentioned and get a nice little reward for reaching the milestone. :)
  • danieltcamposdanieltcampos Posts: 2
    I really hope that you guys would think about those rewards and make the right decision about this.
  • Wozzy101Wozzy101 Posts: 235 ★★
    I’ve barley done the side quests for this months event because it’s another grind fest. It’s the first time I’ve not tried to clear all available monthly content in almost forever.

    Next month I think will be the same. Just feels like the rewards don’t justify the amount of time it takes to get earn them. And after opening my 6th 6* only to dupe Blue Team Cyclops, I honestly don’t want to waste my time and effort grinding when the rewards are more than likely going to be champions that are of no use nor ornament in helping me progress in Act 6.2.

    It’ll be my choice not play, but honestly would have thought that if introducing the first ever community wide events, kabam would have broken the mould and gone for some uber rewards to make it all feel worth it.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 8,901 Guardian

    DNA3000 said:

    DNA3000 said:

    DNA3000 said:

    You have the mindset of someone who is satisfied and that's fine for you but some of us want to have fun and make the game as good as possible.

    And what do the rest of you want.
    I just said we want to have fun and make the game as good as possible. The rest are likely leaving outside of the ones that are satisfied such as yourself, but I don't care for the people that no longer contribute, unless its just a break.
    You said some of you want to have fun and make the game as good as possible. I'm curious to know what the rest of you want. If you're including me in "us" please don't, because you don't speak for me, and characterizing me as someone that doesn't want to have fun and isn't working to make the game as good as possible is inaccurate and insulting.

    I find a lot of complaints counter-productive, which is why I don't support them. I could be wrong, but I still have to call them like I see them. For example, I've repeatedly explained my position on in-game monetary offers. A lot of people complain they contain poor value. I believe that this is good for the game, because high value cash offers devalue gameplay value. So demanding that they contain ever increasing value is to me damaging to the game.

    And while I think there's a lot of ways to improve the rewards in the game, the constant complaining about how the rewards aren't "relevant to the meta" are I believe completely overlooking how games like this are developed. Rewards are not a point in time thing. Rewards, even when it doesn't appear so on short time scales, are a rate thing. Rewards do go up constantly on long time scales, and that rate is very tricky to control, because it is very difficult to reduce. The more rewards the game gives out, the quicker it has to simply obsolete those rewards by introducing higher tier ones. A lot of people complained about the introduction of 6* champs. A lot of those very same people demanded higher rates of 5* shard acquisition and faster rank up resource rewards. Those two are connected: one ultimately caused the other. This was something I actually predicted significantly before it happened, because it is a design inevitability.

    That doesn't mean there's no room for adjustment or review, but I see no nuance to the complaints at all. I see people saying the rewards are bad, getting worse, and it will be the quick death of the game. Maybe somewhere in there is a valid point about rewards, but I would never willingly stand by and hand the keys to the game to someone with that point of view. In my opinion, *that* would be the quick death of the game.

    I want a fun game that improves over time at least as much as you. I've been offering criticism and feedback since almost the beginning. But I don't claim to be representing anyone but myself and I don't take credit for bringing back the Sun in the morning.
    Stop with the word play. I included you specifically in the satisfied player section which you are and you don't deny. There was no mention in you being included in "us" when I already cited your category. So yes, you are a satisfied player, you don't see any issue with the monthly event overall. That is very clear.
    I appreciate you clarifying for me what my opinion is. Now tell me what number am I thinking.
    No rebuttal? Case closed. Hopefully the reasonable feedback from myself and others is heard. I will say that they could've made the community excited very easily by making the mile stones a fully formed 5 star crytal or if you wanted heads to explode with Joy a featured 5 star crystal. 6 star shard at 3k-5k is not unreasonable for a community wide event, everything else could be kept the same and no complaints. Very simple.

    IF you want to go the rank up rewards route a 1.5 fully formed t2 alpah and a good chunk of t5 basic. I would say 11250 for a community wide event is not unreasonable. That is 25% of a t5 basic and would definitely hear no complaints and get excitement that would invite players to want to play more to get those rewards.
    Sorry, it was three.
Sign In or Register to comment.