**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

So, the next two months sound pretty darn exciting..

hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,106 ★★★★★
edited October 2019 in General Discussion
I'm pumped about it. However, I still have to ask.. has there been any further discussion on a cavalier difficulty in EQ? I generally finish UC and master halfway through the month and then there's nothing to do for the second half of the month essentially. I know there's gonna be a new variant and 6.3, and that will definitely help, but I'm just talking from a monthly EQ standpoint.

Comments

• DPXFistheGOATDPXFistheGOAT Posts: 727 ★★★
    Amongst the community yeah. But from my experiences, the majority arent ready for Cavalier EQ (or even Cavalier). Maybe Kabam has behind close doors but i cant confirm or deny that.

If you finish that quick, maybe try arenas or try itemless if you use items for a challenge. And if you use quests potions, you can try not using them too OR 100% heroic and down on autopilot while doing something else on the side
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,391 ★★★★★

Amongst the community yeah. But from my experiences, the majority arent ready for Cavalier EQ (or even Cavalier). Maybe Kabam has behind close doors but i cant confirm or deny that.

If you finish that quick, maybe try arenas or try itemless if you use items for a challenge. And if you use quests potions, you can try not using them too OR 100% heroic and down on autopilot while doing something else on the side

At comic con they mentioned they been talking bout bringing cavalier and nerfing the rewards for UC once cavalier is out
  • Chris1212123Chris1212123 Posts: 320
    I have to agree a cavalier EQ would be nice
    This month the secondary quest was kinda crappy so as soon as I finished uncollected and master on the main quest I was done for the month.
  • Amongst the community yeah. But from my experiences, the majority arent ready for Cavalier EQ (or even Cavalier). Maybe Kabam has behind close doors but i cant confirm or deny that.

At comic con they mentioned they been talking bout bringing cavalier and nerfing the rewards for UC once cavalier is out
    Did someone tell that to you personally, or do you have a citation for that information? Because that's not what they did when Uncollected was introduced, if I recall correctly.
    DNA3000 said:

Did someone tell that to you personally, or do you have a citation for that information? Because that's not what they did when Uncollected was introduced, if I recall correctly.
    Watch richtheman interview he had with gabe and another person from kabam team..https://youtu.be/xfbRYhBu5-Y

Mark 21:11 where it begins bout EQ
  • DNA3000 said:

Watch richtheman interview he had with gabe and another person from kabam team..https://youtu.be/xfbRYhBu5-Y

So in the interview, Kabam says that when they introduce Cavalier difficulty, they would probably go back and possibly reduce the difficulty of UC, and they also said that since the rewards for UC have crept upward over time with increasing difficulty (this in the context of the conversation drifting to difficulty creep) they might have to revise the rewards, which implies downward I would assume.

Here are the rewards for the first UC, Hotel MODOK, copied out of the announcement thread:

For completing and mastering all of the Uncollected quests, you earn:
    4020x 4-Star Crystal Shards
    7500x 5-Star Crystal Shards
    2500x 6-Star Crystal Shards
    12000x Tier 2 Alpha Catalyst Fragment
    10x 5-Star Signature Stone Crystal
    9000x Tier 5 Generic Catalyst Shard
    1x Tier 4 Class Catalyst Crystal
    1x Unchallenged Title

Here they are for October's Guillotine event:

For completing and mastering all of the Uncollected Quests, you earn:
    4,020x 4-Star Crystal Shards (2.01x Crystals)
    7,500x 5-Star Crystal Shards (75% of a Crystal)
    2,500x 6-Star Crystal Shards (25% of a Crystal)
    12,000x Tier 2 Alpha Catalyst Fragment (33% of a Catalyst)
    9,000x Tier 5 Basic Catalyst Shard (20% of a Catalyst)
    42,825x Gold

Since this is an off the cuff conversation, I'm not going to hold Kabam too harshly here, but the UC rewards haven't actually crept upward. They added the gold not all that long ago, but that's it as far as I can see. So the interesting question is, if they lower UC difficulty to a level not below where it was originally, would they adjust the rewards to below what they were UC was even introduced?

Maybe, and this is highly speculative, Kabam is not just thinking about adding Cav, but completely restructuring difficulty tiers altogether. If they are not just tacking Cav on top of the current set of tiers but are rewriting them, then it is possible that they aren't thinking about making Cav 5 times harder than UC (which is the current trend) but maybe closer to two to three times higher, and completely eliminating both Master and UC difficulties as they exist now and adding a new one (which they might call UC) that is in between the two. That would then have rewards in between Master and UC.

That's the only thing that makes sense to me given Luke's comments (if that's Luke speaking at that moment). Because if you take them literally, then what they are saying is they are thinking about reducing the gold that was added to UC to compensate for rewards going up, which seems nonsensical.
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,106 ★★★★★

What exactly about November sounds exciting?

Am not sure the guy has seen those worthless rewards
    Oh, wasn't referring to anything specific about November. Just that November and December sounded like quite a few things were happening.
    edited November 2019

No, no items required for UC. Sure, I could auto fight heroic, while I watch TV or clean the house, but I'm not actually playing the game in that scenario:) Also, the rewards are not really worth it for me anymore. Another suggestion I got from alliance mates is to use 2* for heroic and pretend I'm doing challenging content..which is a thought, but doesn't change the rewards not being worth it issue. Yeah, arena and just messing around in rol and lol testing different champs is usually what I end up doing.

Just definitely seems to make sense to give summoners another difficulty for players who are further along in the game. Not sure nerfing UC is the answer. Don't see why it can't be left as is for those players who find it to be exactly the level of difficulty/rewards that is a good fit for their account. Maybe it has to do with the total flow of resources into the game? Not sure.
    DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

So in the interview, Kabam says that when they introduce Cavalier difficulty, they would probably go back and possibly reduce the difficulty of UC, and they also said that since the rewards for UC have crept upward over time with increasing difficulty (this in the context of the conversation drifting to difficulty creep) they might have to revise the rewards, which implies downward I would assume.

Here are the rewards for the first UC, Hotel MODOK, copied out of the announcement thread:

For completing and mastering all of the Uncollected quests, you earn:
    4020x 4-Star Crystal Shards
    7500x 5-Star Crystal Shards
    2500x 6-Star Crystal Shards
    12000x Tier 2 Alpha Catalyst Fragment
    9000x Tier 5 Generic Catalyst Shard
    1x Unchallenged Title

Here they are for October's Guillotine event:

For completing and mastering all of the Uncollected Quests, you earn:
    4,020x 4-Star Crystal Shards (2.01x Crystals)
    7,500x 5-Star Crystal Shards (75% of a Crystal)
    2,500x 6-Star Crystal Shards (25% of a Crystal)
    12,000x Tier 2 Alpha Catalyst Fragment (33% of a Catalyst)
    9,000x Tier 5 Basic Catalyst Shard (20% of a Catalyst)
    42,825x Gold

Since this is an off the cuff conversation, I'm not going to hold Kabam too harshly here, but the UC rewards haven't actually crept upward. They added the gold not all that long ago, but that's it as far as I can see. So the interesting question is, if they lower UC difficulty to a level not below where it was originally, would they adjust the rewards to below what they were UC was even introduced?

Maybe, and this is highly speculative, Kabam is not just thinking about adding Cav, but completely restructuring difficulty tiers altogether. If they are not just tacking Cav on top of the current set of tiers but are rewriting them, then it is possible that they aren't thinking about making Cav 5 times harder than UC (which is the current trend) but maybe closer to two to three times higher, and completely eliminating both Master and UC difficulties as they exist now and adding a new one (which they might call UC) that is in between the two. That would then have rewards in between Master and UC.

That's the only thing that makes sense to me given Luke's comments (if that's Luke speaking at that moment). Because if you take them literally, then what they are saying is they are thinking about reducing the gold that was added to UC to compensate for rewards going up, which seems nonsensical.
    Only difference is by 100% UC and Master you get a 5* crystal
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    I don’t think it will be out until 6.4, not saying it will but that’s my guess
    edited November 2019
    Yeah, not sure what they mean by that. The rewards are virtually the same as when it came out. Based on the progression of the game itself, all rewards depreciate over time. Frankly I don't think they need to be adjusted down. They probably should have already been adjusted up.. as the difficulty had (as stated by them).