**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Corvus damage all wrong vs map 7 Thanos

JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

Okay I noticed this yesterday but thought maybe it was just a glitch since my game was left open excessively long waiting for the final links to go down. But it happened again today.

Corvus with 4 missions completed for my setup was doing 6k mediums on the last fight on my lane. And he does 2k+ with no missions. I have been using corvus on thanos map 7 since thanos was released and never had a damage influx before.

Other ally mates notice this as well with their Corvus.

Anyone else?

Comments

• Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Thanos’s sig ability reduces your attack.
  • Options

Thanos’s sig ability reduces your attack.

Corvus has never hit thanos for 1500 damage with 4 missions. He did 2k hits with an sp2. Even at the minus 40% this week, his numbers show he’s doing a tad bit less than 20% of his damage totals.
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,281 ★★★★★
    He also has the highest base armor in the game.
  • Options

Crits ignore armor...
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Jaded said:

Crits ignore armor...
    Not all of it. Just some of it and Thanos has more than everyone else at base.

EDIT: Forgot about Corvus’ True Damage buff. Nevermind. Separate things.
  • Options

Jaded said:

Crits ignore armor...
    No crits ignore all armor
  • Options
    ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    edited November 2019
    were there any nodes that have similar effect to safeguard or otherwise protection shield?

Jaded said:

Crits ignore armor...
    Corvus has true damage which should ignore all armor if i'm not wrong.
  • Options
    Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Crits ignore armor...
    Technically almost all armor, but not enough to account from the reported difference in damage. You can see the difference with and without true strike here.

• Options
    Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Crits ignore armor...
    If they did, both Pierce and Pure Skill would do absolutely nothing at any level. Both masteries ignore additional armor only on crits.

• Options

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Crits ignore armor...
    Technically almost all armor, but not enough to account from the reported difference in damage. You can see the difference with and without true strike here.

Right. Well corvus also has true damage. I’m sure true strike is much different than true damage. So corvus with true damage & a crit should ignore all armor. Plus thanos had an armor break on him as well.
    Which the armor break only reduces his armor a bit. Combined all three shouldn’t be this low damage. Plus since thanos has taken over aq, I’ve never had his damage reduced by this amount before.
  • Options
    Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Crits ignore armor...

Right. Well corvus also has true damage. I’m sure true strike is much different than true damage. So corvus with true damage & a crit should ignore all armor. Plus thanos had an armor break on him as well.
    Which the armor break only reduces his armor a bit. Combined all three shouldn’t be this low damage. Plus since thanos has taken over aq, I’ve never had his damage reduced by this amount before.
    When it comes to armor there is no difference between true damage and true strike.

Yes the statement “his crits ignore all armor” would be true” but “crits ignore all armor” is not.

His armor break isn’t going to increase damage until after it exceeds his enemies armor rating.

But nothing present accounts for the reduced damage unless Nameless Thanos has a higher sig ability than Thanos’s -40% attack.
  • Options
    Was the decreased damage causing physical resistance + corvus + armor break bug ever resolved? If Nameless Thanos has additional physical resistance we can’t see, the armor break could have completed the set and dropped his damage.
  • Options

Was the decreased damage causing physical resistance + corvus + armor break bug ever resolved? If Nameless Thanos has additional physical resistance we can’t see, the armor break could have completed the set and dropped his damage.

That’s a good question. I don’t know if it was. But this is a pretty unique situation having a global node of -40% attack for cosmic + thanos gains resistance for gaining a bar of power. Then top off the armor break. Could be a trifecta that causing the reduced damage.

@Kabam Zibiit do you know if the resistance corvus issue was ever resolved?
  • Options
    TMK The resistance issue only pops up when an armor break exceeds armor rating, one armor break will not do that unless Thanos’s AR is less than like 350.

Is this week -40% cosmic? Then that’s the issue -40% x2, one from Thanos and the other from the global.
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    If it’s a -40% cosmic you have -80% attack, that works out about right, especially with class disadvantage