Summoners: The Thronebreaker Progression Point has been delayed, and will not launch October 1st, as previously planned. We are aiming to launch it next week and will have more information for you all as soon as possible. We apologize for the delay and thank you for your understanding.
Champion Spotlight - Doctor Doom
About Doctor Doom
Leaving his tribe in Latveria, Victor Von Doom moved to the United States to study at the Empire State University where he combined sorcery and technology to create fantastic inventions. Disregarding the warnings of fellow classmate Reed Richards, one of his inventions malfunctioned resulting in an explosion that severely damaged his face. Expelled after the incident, Victor began traveling the world eventually collapsing exhausted, on a Tibetan mountainside where he was rescued by a clan of monks. Mastering their discipline and forging himself a suit of armor, Victor took on the mantle Doctor Doom, his mission to serve revenge on those he holds responsible for his accident.
Doctor Doom's Mechanics:
Doctor Doom uses a combination of technology and sorcery to constantly push the battle in his favor. Doom’s sorcery abilities focus on controlling the fight and Nullifying Buffs. Doom’s technology abilities focus on raw damage and Debuffs. Combining both together allows Doom to decimate his opponent with little risk of repercussions.
BASE STATS & ABILITIES
* All stats based on 4-Star, Rank 5, Level 50, Signature Level 99
||WITHOUT SIGNATURE: 4032
WITH SIGNATURE (99): 4944
||WITHOUT SIGNATURE: 8109
WITH SIGNATURE (200): 10850
Character Class: Mystic
Basic Abilities: Shock, Stagger, Unblockable, Nullify
- Shock Immunity and resistant to Armor break and Armor Shatter
- Doom is immune to the effects of Shock making him great in any matchup where Shocks are inevitable. Additionally his durable titanium armor protects him from Armor Break and Armor Shatter effects.
- Ability to Tank Special Attack hits
- Using the Aura of Haazareth Doom significantly reduces the damage and effects from the final hit of the Opponent’s Special or Heavy Attack. This allows him in certain matchups to intentionally eat a hit that is hard to dodge and immediately counter attack with a combo of his own.
- Control Opponent Buffs
- Doom’s stagger effects inflicted by landing a Heavy Attack are exceptional for keeping Opponent’s Buffs cleared at all times, and if that isn’t enough, his Special 1 is great for clearing Buffs as well.
- Special Attack Frenzy!
- Doom’s ability to always gain more Power for himself than he stole from the Opponent, allows him to build Power very rapidly. Especially when fighting champions who gain Power quickly such as Hyperion. The more Power the Opponent has, the more Doom will steal for himself, allowing him to thrive in high-Power situations.
- Doom needs his Aura of Haazareth to be active in order to utilize his sorcery abilities, this Aura can’t activate while he’s suffering from Slow or Petrify, significantly limiting his sorcery abilities.
- Shock or Incinerate immune Opponents
- Doom’s ability to chain a combo into a Heavy attack is reliant on the Opponent being shocked. Additionally, Doom’s damage comes from Incinerate Debuffs, Opponents who are immune to either of these effects will reduce his viability.
- Lack of Buffs to Nullify
- If the Opponent has no Buffs to Nullify, Doom is unable to make use of his signature ability or the Power gained from Mystic Dispersion.
Passive - Titanium Armor:
- Doom’s resilient armor protects him, granting immunity to Armor Break, Armor Shatter and Shock effects.
- If the Opponent isn’t already Shocked, Medium Attacks inflict a Shock Debuff dealing 148.6 direct energy damage over 2 second(s).
- While charging a Heavy Attack, if the Opponent is within striking distance and suffering from Shock their Shock effects are removed and replaced with a Passive Stun for 0.60 seconds. This can’t trigger during the Opponent’s Special Attacks.
- Landing a Heavy Attack has a 100% chance to Stagger the Opponent for 10 seconds. A Staggered enemy has their next Buff Nullified.
- The Aura of Haazareth can’t trigger while Doom is suffering from a Slow or Petrify Debuff and is paused during his Special Attacks.
- While active, Special Attack 1 and 2 are Unblockable and grant no Power.
- Light Attacks grant no Power and steal 3% of the Opponent’s current Power, gaining 200% of the Power stolen.
- Contact with the Opponent has a 30% chance to Nullify up to 1 Buff.
- Doom becomes Unstoppable and Stun Immune against the last hit of incoming Special 1, Special 2, and Heavy Attacks. Additionally, damage received from this hit can't exceed 5% of the Opponent's Attack.
| Special Attack 1 - Invocation of Sorcery:
| Special Attack 2 - Cosmic Energy Absorption:
| Special Attack 3 - Hassenstadt Tour:
| Signature Ability - Indomitable Will:
I ANSWER TO NO ONE - with himself - available at *3 and higher
- Solo - Attack Rating is increased by 10% for each knocked out team member.
FANTASTIC RAGE - with Annihilus and Diablo - available at *4 and higher
- Solo - Heavy Attacks are guaranteed critical hits while the Opponent is suffering from a Stagger effect.
ENHANCED FORCEFIELD - with MODOK and Redskull - available at *4 and higher
- Solo - Doctor Doom: gains +15% Perfect Block chance.
GENIUS INGENUITY - with Mister Fantastic and Doc Ock - available at *4 and higher
- Solo. Shock and Incinerate Debuffs have +20% increased Potency.
SORCERY REVERSAL - with Doctor Strange and Symbiote Supreme - available at *4 and higher
- Solo. Activating the Aura of Haazareth has a 50% chance to Purify all Degeneration, Poison, Incinerate, Bleed and Coldsnap effects.
COSMIC OVERLOAD with Unknown Champion, available at *5 and higher
- Solo - Each time the Aura of Haazareth is activated Doom taps into the Power Cosmic, gaining a random Buff for 8 seconds.
- Fury: Increase Attack Rating by 50%.
- Power Rate: Increase Power Rate by 15%.
- Armor Up: Increase Armor Rating by 50%.
MYSTIC TYRANTS - with Morningstar - available at *5 and higher
- Solo - Successful Nullifies deal a burst of energy damage equal to 20% of Doom's Attack.
- Doom has many ways to Nullify Buffs from the Opponent, allowing him to gain a bunch of additional Power from their expiry.
- Doom’s has the ability to frequently shock the Opponent, allowing him to maintain the effects of Despair on the Opponent throughout a large portion of the fight.
- Doom has no way to regenerate or self-sustain, the Perfect Block Mastery allows skilled players to prevent chip damage by performing Well-Timed blocks, thus keeping Doom in the battle much longer!
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on