Alliance War Season Rewards for Season 13 have now been distributed. Compensation for individual Wars will be sent later today (Nov 20). You can leave your alliance and still receive the individual Wars Compensation. We are also investigating an issue with Champions stuck in AQ. At the moment Days 1-4 of Honor Rewards have been paid out, Day 5 and full Rewards are still coming!

Champion Spotlight - Doctor Doom

2»

Comments

• XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,372 ★★★★
    I went in with Corvus and it only took 1 hit!
    Haji_Saab said:

Doom's critical resistance is off the charts!

I took OG Vision r5 5* against him and got my first critical hit on the 39th hit!
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 2,180 ★★★★
    Haji_Saab said:

I took OG Vision r5 5* against him and got my first critical hit on the 39th hit!
    I took a 6* 1/25 Nightcrawler against him, and didn't get one crit in 73 hits...
  • Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 884 ★★★

Haji_Saab said:

I took a 6* 1/25 Nightcrawler against him, and didn't get one crit in 73 hits...
    I took a 4* duped Stark Spidey and didn’t get a crit in 20 hits...
  • Corvus_CoraxCorvus_Corax Posts: 3
    Please remove that champion from daily epic quest. This is unreal. Annihilus much better
  • There is a bug where his passive Stun doesn't interact with Mordo's astral evade ability.

This bug has already been reported couple of times already, with champion that are able to apply a passive stun like Wasp, Phoenix and Loki.
  • JohnHSJohnHS Posts: 490 ★★★

There is a bug where his passive Stun doesn't interact with Mordo's astral evade ability.

This bug has already been reported couple of times already, with champion that are able to apply a passive stun like Wasp, Phoenix and Loki.

That's not a bug. That's an ability. Passive anything can't be shrugged off.
  • Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 884 ★★★
    edited November 11
    @SteeleJohnson_1 Since I have no idea whether or not you’re serious, here’s some tips:
    - Learn how to dodge his sp1 or get a power control champ
    - Try not to use buff heavy champs
    - Any champ that can slow or petrify (though petrify might be bugged rn) are good
    - After the sp1, wait until the aura (the green thing) is gone until attacking in or making any contact
    - Practice?

Edit: Also keep in mind his crit resistance and block penetration, so learn to intercept and be ready for a longer matchup
  • GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 551 ★★★
    If only there was some place where YOU could watch videos on the internet on some sort of TUBE.
  • SogmcocSogmcoc Posts: 3

There is a bug where his passive Stun doesn't interact with Mordo's astral evade ability.

...do you understand what "Passive" means?
  • Scorpion1991Scorpion1991 Posts: 0
    hi!
    why we don't know which champ when add to basic pool?
    this is secret ?
    we need this.
  • JohnHS said:

Sogmcoc said:

Doom's ability does not allow him to bypass Astral Evade.

From Mordo spotlight: "While Stunned - Even while Stunned, Mordo’s astral form senses incoming non-special attacks and quickly counter-attacks, inflicting Degeneration for 75% of your attack as direct damage over 2.5 seconds."

It doesn't require a stun debuff in order to trigger, it requires a stun [effect]. So passive stun abilities shouldn't be able to counter Mordo's astral evade, due to the fact that it is a stun.
    This falls in the same scenario where you can apply a passive stun on a debuff immunity scenario, but you can't apply a passive stun on a stun immunity scenario.
  • JohnHSJohnHS Posts: 490 ★★★

JohnHS said:

Sogmcoc said:

From Mordo spotlight: "While Stunned - Even while Stunned, Mordo’s astral form senses incoming non-special attacks and quickly counter-attacks, inflicting Degeneration for 75% of your attack as direct damage over 2.5 seconds."

It doesn't require a stun debuff in order to trigger, it requires a stun [effect]. So passive stun abilities shouldn't be able to counter Mordo's astral evade, due to the fact that it is a stun.
    This falls in the same scenario where you can apply a passive stun on a debuff immunity scenario, but you can't apply a passive stun on a stun immunity scenario.
    Passive stuns can be applied to stun immune nodes and characters. They also can't be shrugged off. CAN'T. This goes for Wasp, this goes for Doom.
  • JohnHS said:

JohnHS said:

Sogmcoc said:

Passive stuns can be applied to stun immune nodes and characters. They also can't be shrugged off. CAN'T. This goes for Wasp, this goes for Doom.
    No, they can't be applied. That's why I'm trying to report this as a bug, since it's happening on more than 1 champion with these passive stun abilities.
    And as well, they can be shrugged off by an ability that allows to do so (not including agent venom, kingpin, korg etc because their abilities only apply to debuffs, which I'm very aware of the differences to a passive ability).

Wasp spotlight discussion thread: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/79342/champion-spotlight-wasp/p3

Regarding Passive Stun interaction with nodes: "The passive Stun also means that she can Stun a champion who is debuff immune, but not a champ who is Stun immune."
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 58
    Captain America Infinity war with tech synergy seems to be bugged with this guy. Even in the daily quest, I apply petrify and he gains his aura and hits me with the heavy after i fire sp2.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 2,180 ★★★★
    Just out of interest, I've just gone through the AuntM.ai website. Doom's base armour is by far the highest in the game. For a 4* 5/50:
    1. Dr Doom = 1449
    2. Thanos = 667
    3. Sentinel = 600
    So with his crazy crit resistance (36%, or 1077 flat) and immunity to armour break as well, he's incredibly durable. It seems odd that this isn't described in his Strengths.

Best break out those True Damage champs!
  • Haji_SaabHaji_Saab Posts: 3,150 ★★★★★
    The crit resistance is ridiculous on this dude. CapIW, no crit throughout the whole fight ...
  • Just out of interest, I've just gone through the AuntM.ai website. Doom's base armour is by far the highest in the game. For a 4* 5/50:

1. Dr Doom = 1449
    2. Thanos = 667
    3. Sentinel = 600
    So with his crazy crit resistance (36%, or 1077 flat) and immunity to armour break as well, he's incredibly durable. It seems odd that this isn't described in his Strengths.

Best break out those True Damage champs!
    No need to page through each champion to see the armor ratings, https://auntm.ai/prestige/list2 then click on "Base Stats" to toggle the stat rows, and you can sort by armor.

Sentinel is 632 at 4-star R5.

What's even crazier is that 7th place is 381 armor, and you have to go past 144th place to get below 273 armor, so the majority of champions are in the 273-381 armor range, when Doom is 1449.

If you've configured some champions on the Prestige page and then go Here you'll see those champions in a spider chart. Doom absurdly blows away most champions:

• My_SuperiorMy_Superior Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    It’d be really nice if his Enhanced Forcefield synergy also applied to Red Skull and MODOK. Those two could really use the boost.
  • becauseicantbecauseicant Posts: 328 ★★★
    @Kabam Miike Can we get confirmation if Dr.Doom's stats are intended to be this high? Would be best if they were fixed sooner rather than later if they aren't intended. If you aren't aware the way critical resistance works in game is a straight subtraction rather than a percent chance to ignore a crit, meaning he's immune to crits from anyone with less than 36% crit chance which is basically the entire roster.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 847 ★★★

@Kabam Miike Can we get confirmation if Dr.Doom's stats are intended to be this high? Would be best if they were fixed sooner rather than later if they aren't intended. If you aren't aware the way critical resistance works in game is a straight subtraction rather than a percent chance to ignore a crit, meaning he's immune to crits from anyone with less than 36% crit chance which is basically the entire roster.

I hope they leave it. Just treat him like he’s crit immune unless you have any of the champs that can overcome it or don’t crit at all.
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,349 ★★★★

this fight is node 55 tier 1, debuff immune,

Sucks Dr.Doom is such a debuff dependent champion and his shocks and incinerate doesn’t work debuff immune wish those was passives.

His sp3 passive Stun works though,
  • About the passive stun bug working on stun immune scenarios, will it be addressed soon?
    Is a fix for it already happening or planned?
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,372 ★★★★
    His specials are so satisfying to dodge completely
  • becauseicantbecauseicant Posts: 328 ★★★

I hope they leave it. Just treat him like he’s crit immune unless you have any of the champs that can overcome it or don’t crit at all.

Whether they leave it or change it is fine by me either way, I'd just like to know if it's working as intended or not since critical resistance is a very rare stat and how it functions isn't well known to players and probably not even by most of the people at Kabam (straight subtraction from opponents crit rate instead of a percent chance to ignore). Just looking for clarification @Kabam Miike