**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

Protection Shielding bugged?

Recently, I've been noticing that when I reach the damage cap on Protection Shielding, it starts the cooldown timer, but also has the icon for it being active. When I hit the damage cap again, the cooldown timer just resets.
I have a feeling that this may be happening because of Ability Accuracy Reduction doing some weird stuff with it.
screenshot to come; please note I cannot record because of how old my device is.

Comments

• Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★

• Might be that the purple Protection Shield Buff icon is always present during the fight to indicate that the buff is on that node for this fight.
    When you hit them over the Cap amount, the cool down grey Timer icon also appears.
  • Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★

Might be that the purple Protection Shield Buff icon is always present during the fight to indicate that the buff is on that node for this fight.
    When you hit them over the Cap amount, the cool down grey Timer icon also appears.

from what I can tell, the node is still applying the damage cap when it is supposed to be deactivated.
    As I said in the initial post, the cooldown timer resets when I hit the 'damage cap' again when it's deactivated.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,349 Guardian
    edited November 2019
    Hmm, you’re right @Mathking13
    Although Protection Shield Level 1 (in Heroic) DOES work properly, damage is capped and the solid purple icon GOES AWAY, replaced by the gray Cooldown Timer.

Both Master (Level 2) and Epic (Level 3) Protection Shields are BROKEN. My attackers actually can do much more than the 4% or 3% Cap. And then when the gray Cooldown Timer appears afterward, the solid purple icon still remains visible as well.
    And this was using normal champs that did not have any AAR ability.

So actually a little different from what you were thinking. To me it looks like the damage cap is NEVER in place (even though the icon is there). All of my hits are capable of doing more damage than the Cap, no matter whether it is in Cooldown Timer or not.
  • Verified again this morning, Protection Shield Level-1 (in Heroic) is the only one that works.

Although maybe we shouldn’t say anything (lol) since it being broken in Master and Epic is actually making that center path slightly easier for us.
  • RakeYoungRakeYoung Posts: 472 ★★★
    i noticed this as well, it didnt seem like my damage was being reduced.
  • Now that side-quest has switched back to FANTASTIC INVASION for today, did anyone get a chance to run Center path that has the PROTECTION SHIELD (in Master or Epic) before the game-wide problems started later on. (not a place to discuss the game outage, just the Protection Shield)

Today, was your damage being properly capped at 3 or 4% (until cool down time starts) or is it still bugged (letting even your first hit be able to do more than that in damage) ?

2 days ago, the only difficulty that Protection Shield was properly working for center path defenders was in the lower Heroic level.