**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Kabam Appreciation Post

Hi.
I'd like to share my appreciation towards Kabam as this bug continues to affect everyone.

I've seen so many people complaining, and hating on Kabam for the bug. Kabam hasn't enjoyed this bug, and have been working on it for 7 hours.
I'm sure many employees have worked overtime trying to solve this, and I would like to thank them.

The mods have been with us for 5+ hours, just chatting and having a good time while they wait for the fix.
Thanks to the mods for hanging out, and answering questions. I had a blast reading the answers to some questions.

I've seen many people demanding 5* crystals, or 6* shards as compensation. I understand you want rewards for having been inconvenienced, but be realistic.
We will almost guaranteed be getting the full rewards from today's event, and that is plenty of shards already.
I'd be happy with comp, but I'm very happy to be able to play this game I enjoy so much as they push out the fix.

Props to Kabam for working so hard, even when you aren't appreciated.
It means a lot to me, and many other summoners.

~ BananaGrant

Comments

• I appreciate your appreciation post to Kabam
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    Diablo is the cause of this. Good job kabam
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    I always blame the higher ups. Devs and mods don't deserve all the hate.
  • AnkalagonnAnkalagonn Posts: 535 ★★
    We need Ad0ra... kidding. Kudos to the guys whom hasn't gone home and are trying to put this together
  • Elad17Elad17 Posts: 332 ★★
    I think they are doing awesome job with the stress level at 10/10. Keep up the good work guys and gals. Some of us here are old enough to understand patience. KeepCoding & CarryOn!!! ☮️
  • シャドウシャドウ Posts: 30
    https://youtu.be/ybcxYf4uDKc

Thank you Kabam for this.
    For me being, a very unskilled player working so hard to reach the end, only to have my "I barely made it there" victory become invalidated, after waiting hours for the game to go back online.

But seriously, it's (not usually) the devs nor the hard working Kabam employees on the front lines that deserve blame. It's whoever are in upper management who decided that it's ok to keep the game active while the bugs are still in effect.

If Kabam's upper management has any conscience, they should do emergency maintenance again and take the game offline. As a means to prevent unsuspecting users from continuing to spend resources / money while the bug is active.
  • BananaGrantBananaGrant Posts: 95
    FlareDoge said:

Ill appreciate them when they compensate us appropriately for the massacre of progress to some players

They will compensate fairly. They always have in the past, and will this time.
    If I were you, I'd expect about 2500 5* shards, with 5-10 5* Sig Stones, along with various potions/revives/energy refills
  • SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★
    FYI folks, this is NOT Brian Grant of YT fame.

It is
  • Doomsfist79Doomsfist79 Posts: 922 ★★★

Aren’t you the same guy who thought Kabam handled 12.0 well? And yet pretty much the entire community.. marvel and eventually kabam themselves realized it was not handled well at all..

Didn’t you also feel the arbitrary gates introduced in 6.2 were a good idea.. and yet kabam is removing many of them for 6.3 as they realize it is more of a hinderance..

you seem so out of touch with the general community.. but hey we are all entitled to our opinions..

I'm the guy who appreciates a hard working team. The bug wasn't intentional, and they worked very hard to fix it.
    I didn't enjoy 12.0, and I didn't enjoy the Act 6 restrictions. That's very different from what happened today. The team didn't plan this out, like they did for other content. Please don't go around spewing negativity at a team who is often overworked and underappreciated.
    I am not spewing negativity toward kabam.. I was responding to your post and addressing you.. I don't really see what white knighting gets you.. but whatever..

There's a screw up in the game.. it happens.. they are addressing it.. and some ppl take it too personally maybe.. there have been many people offering legitimate courses of action to kabam, such as leaving the game in maintenance mode until the whole game is working properly. Or canceling this series of AQ and rewarding from previous series (which has been done before). Kabam does not want to do that.. so that is causing frustration.. so people are going to express that frustration..

This is a game which doesn't actually cost anyone anything but time if they so choose.. so getting angry over it doesn't seem justified to me.. but to each their own.. I find it somewhat disingenuous for you to come on here and suggest that people shouldn't be complaining.. I get that due to kabam you are able to make a living.. but i'm sure kabam is able to remove inappropriate posts or ban people on the forums if they feel they are being too negative..
  • シャドウシャドウ Posts: 30

FlareDoge said:

Ill appreciate them when they compensate us appropriately for the massacre of progress to some players

They will compensate fairly. They always have in the past, and will this time.
    If I were you, I'd expect about 2500 5* shards, with 5-10 5* Sig Stones, along with various potions/revives/energy refills
    They have?
    Seriously - I'm asking sincerely.

I haven't been as invested in the game as I am now, but I don't think I've encountered a past instance where they gave the community back something over a mistake they made. If they did, I likely missed it. Could you please sight an instance when they did? I am genuinely curious.
  • crogscrogs Posts: 764 ★★★
    edited November 2019
    FlareDoge said:

Amen to that. Mods and such are being paid to be here and do damage control. So it's kudos for doing your jobs?

https://youtu.be/B0B_ekSrsEk

• Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    Well said. This event is unfortunate but communication through it and engagement from the mods has definitely been a bright spot here. Its definitely appreciated
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★

No matter the compensation they give us nothing will change, 5 yrs and still they haven't figured out what they are doing lol

Plus youwill be getting compensation sent to you in and for a broken ass game!

Here kids have top class baseball gear and new shiny helmets...
    But you still have to play in the swamp full of used needles and meth heads lmao

So go work for them and show them how to do it right. Seems like you have all the answers. Bet you can fix it all cause it's so easy.

Aren’t you the same guy who thought Kabam handled 12.0 well? And yet pretty much the entire community.. marvel and eventually kabam themselves realized it was not handled well at all..

Didn’t you also feel the arbitrary gates introduced in 6.2 were a good idea.. and yet kabam is removing many of them for 6.3 as they realize it is more of a hinderance..

you seem so out of touch with the general community.. but hey we are all entitled to our opinions..

I'm the guy who appreciates a hard working team. The bug wasn't intentional, and they worked very hard to fix it.
    I didn't enjoy 12.0, and I didn't enjoy the Act 6 restrictions. That's very different from what happened today. The team didn't plan this out, like they did for other content. Please don't go around spewing negativity at a team who is often overworked and underappreciated.
    I am not spewing negativity toward kabam.. I was responding to your post and addressing you.. I don't really see what white knighting gets you.. but whatever..

There's a screw up in the game.. it happens.. they are addressing it.. and some ppl take it too personally maybe.. there have been many people offering legitimate courses of action to kabam, such as leaving the game in maintenance mode until the whole game is working properly. Or canceling this series of AQ and rewarding from previous series (which has been done before). Kabam does not want to do that.. so that is causing frustration.. so people are going to express that frustration..

This is a game which doesn't actually cost anyone anything but time if they so choose.. so getting angry over it doesn't seem justified to me.. but to each their own.. I find it somewhat disingenuous for you to come on here and suggest that people shouldn't be complaining.. I get that due to kabam you are able to make a living.. but i'm sure kabam is able to remove inappropriate posts or ban people on the forums if they feel they are being too negative..
    I misunderstood your previous post.

I just want this to be a place where we can show Kabam people are appreciate of what they do on a daily basis.
    I understand some people are upset, and rightfully so. It was a long downtime, and many people lost AW/AQ because of it.
    I've never been a super fan of Kabam (they nerfed my SW) but I feel people often overreact.

I've been playing for 4 years, and this game has become a big part of my life. I've played many games over the years, but I've never seen a community so negative towards the developers.

I understand that without complaining, we would never get fair rewards, but this day has been crazy for us, and crazy for the devs. The amount of complaining has been overwhelming, and it isn't healthy.
    I do trust the developers, and I know they are working on a fix as we speak.
    As mentioned in another thread, putting the game in emergency maintenance would cause more negativity. I can understand why some people see this as the right move, but it really isn't at this time.

As always, thanks for lending your opinion on the matter. Community discussion is always important, and it's nice to view other opinions on the matter.
  • This post is just a complete joke
  • MoNsTeR_804MoNsTeR_804 Posts: 726 ★★★
    Even if i complained, i still appreciate Kabam's employee's effort to fix these bugs. It's surely not an easy task.
  • X_pullX_pull Posts: 10
    Thank you Kabam for staying late on a friday night and getting this fixed. Most of us really appreciate it.
  • Doomsfist79Doomsfist79 Posts: 922 ★★★

I misunderstood your previous post.

I just want this to be a place where we can show Kabam people are appreciate of what they do on a daily basis.
    I understand some people are upset, and rightfully so. It was a long downtime, and many people lost AW/AQ because of it.
    I've never been a super fan of Kabam (they nerfed my SW) but I feel people often overreact.

I've been playing for 4 years, and this game has become a big part of my life. I've played many games over the years, but I've never seen a community so negative towards the developers.

I understand that without complaining, we would never get fair rewards, but this day has been crazy for us, and crazy for the devs. The amount of complaining has been overwhelming, and it isn't healthy.
    I do trust the developers, and I know they are working on a fix as we speak.
    As mentioned in another thread, putting the game in emergency maintenance would cause more negativity. I can understand why some people see this as the right move, but it really isn't at this time.

As always, thanks for lending your opinion on the matter. Community discussion is always important, and it's nice to view other opinions on the matter.
    That's understandable.. I too sometimes misunderstand my posts..

I do agree about the negativity.. however in all honestly that is somewhat justified.. there have been many instances where kabam has shown they can't be trusted... Changing text for champs.. nerfing champs that preform well for end game content.. introducing aspects such as diversity then wanting to remove them.. removing items from inventory with no notice.. and in some cases they have admitted to making mistakes.. which is fair.. we all make mistakes.. but when you don't own up to them or are not good at communicating with your customer base (which kabam has admitted they aren't and will try to do better), leaves a bad taste in the mouth of the customer.

I do have to give Miik credit for the open chat during the initial downtime.. I'm sure they knew they'd get a lot of angry/frustrated people.. but it was a good way to communicate with us.

No matter the compensation they give us nothing will change, 5 yrs and still they haven't figured out what they are doing lol

Plus youwill be getting compensation sent to you in and for a broken ass game!

Here kids have top class baseball gear and new shiny helmets...
    But you still have to play in the swamp full of used needles and meth heads lmao

This is the thinking that is more negative then it needs to be.
    I feel I should elaborate on why this is.

I've been a player for 4 years, and I've seen some mess ups by Kabam. 12.0 was crazy, and possibly the worst thing we've seen to date. This is where you blame Kabam for what they've done. A bug isn't like this at all. They don't choose whether the bug exists or not.
    SparkAlot said:

FYI folks, this is NOT Brian Grant of YT fame.

It is

This gave me a chuckle. No, I'm not Brian Grant everyone.
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    It would be nice if the game wasn't modelled the way it is. Rushing out content so fast results in bugs far too often. Devs need more time to test and polish things. Idk who, but someone's responsible for that, and I think the community reaction often times is warranted.
    ẞlооd said:

It would be nice if the game wasn't modelled the way it is. Rushing out content so fast results in bugs far too often. Devs need more time to test and polish things. Idk who, but someone's responsible for that, and I think the community reaction often times is warranted.

I totally agree with this.
    I feel content isn't made as it was a few years ago. It is very rushed, and often times disappointing.
    We had a highlight last year with October, and those events are the ones I think the community really appreciate.