**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

AQ modifiers. Optional or mandatory?

Dear kabam,

You have said on numerous occasions that these modifiers would be a OPTIONAL way to add additional rewards to the usual rewards we get. I, along moth many others I have talked to feel that this is indeed not the case.
Because you have attached a significant amount of “ranked points” to the honor point reward, you are completely altering the ranked reward atmosphere. Top tier alliances are obligated to activate these effects purely to stay relevant in ranked scores, regardless of the honor rewards (which are pretty mediocre, but that’s beside the point). If we do not participate in these global buffs, then we are shooting ourself in the leg, and tanking our ranked score. In order to maintain the same rank we always hovered around we are REQUIRED to activate these effects along with everyone else.

If you want to stay true to your word and make this a optional feature, then you should remove ranked points entirely, and let people choose if they want to add the honor rewards on top of their normal reward (instead of forcing people to participate just to maintain the normal rewards)

Comments

• GamerGamer Posts: 10,170 ★★★★★
    How im understand ther dont giv more point from the milstone ect and. The rank rewards skyld stil be the same regeggales how offer do ther only get this xtra rewards
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    You dont seem to know what optional and mandatory mean, let me help you out.

If the modifiers were mandatory then you would have to enable them, there would be no option to decide not to pick one.

In optional you there is an option to do them or not.

What you are doing is taking your reasoning for that choice, which is to "stay relevant" (a code phrase for keeping your place) and placing your choice on others. That is not how optional and mandatory works. IT is YOUR choice that is making it mandatory for you. Right now the the modifiers are optional, you can decide to do them or not, again your reasoning for that choice does not impact the mechanics.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Gamer said:

How im understand ther dont giv more point from the milstone ect and. The rank rewards skyld stil be the same regeggales how offer do ther only get this xtra rewards

They definitely affect your rank points. Using all 5 hardest nodes on map 7 all week gets you an additional 7+ million points towards rank in addition to the 5400 t5b honor shards
    Wasn’t how I’m understand it in ther own corner for it hora point

Gamer said:

Lormif said:

Gamer said:

Didn’t se that’s one thanks @Lormif

Can Add around 10-20mil to yout final AQ score easily... so worth it, love AQ right no xx

No, you can add 7.2 million. Pretty plain as day in that chart
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★

Dear kabam,

You have said on numerous occasions that these modifiers would be a OPTIONAL way to add additional rewards to the usual rewards we get. I, along moth many others I have talked to feel that this is indeed not the case.
    Because you have attached a significant amount of “ranked points” to the honor point reward, you are completely altering the ranked reward atmosphere. Top tier alliances are obligated to activate these effects purely to stay relevant in ranked scores, regardless of the honor rewards (which are pretty mediocre, but that’s beside the point). If we do not participate in these global buffs, then we are shooting ourself in the leg, and tanking our ranked score. In order to maintain the same rank we always hovered around we are REQUIRED to activate these effects along with everyone else.

If you want to stay true to your word and make this a optional feature, then you should remove ranked points entirely, and let people choose if they want to add the honor rewards on top of their normal reward (instead of forcing people to participate just to maintain the normal rewards)

You may feel obliged to do it, but it is still by definition not "mandatory" as defined by the dictionary. You can choose not to activate the nodes, and stick with the usual peak milestone you would usually get if you want to not stress about it.
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★

Can Add around 10-20mil to yout final AQ score easily... so worth it, love AQ right no xx

I think he means over the course of the full AQ series

Only thing I'm somewhat unsure of is if that 7.2 is per bg or for the alliance as a whole. If it's per bg, that's a pretty huge difference. 21 million points added basically makes these necessary for any map 7 alliance

I think he means over the course of the full AQ series
    That 7.2 is over the course of the series. I'm just unsure if its per bg or not.

Only thing I'm somewhat unsure of is if that 7.2 is per bg or for the alliance as a whole. If it's per bg, that's a pretty huge difference. 21 million points added basically makes these necessary for any map 7 alliance
    They implied it is per bg by saying it works like honor but we will know at the end of this day
  • That 7.2m on 5th day column in Map-7 Master row is just that, 1 BG's extra AQ points on day-5 (assuming you’ve done different Modifiers each day). So multiply that by 3 groups, and add in all the other Day 1-4 columns as well to get a Series Total Bonus Points to add to the normal AQ Points.

So overall is very much more than 7.2m in topmost example.