**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Gambit Kinetic chargers timer

ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,140 ★★★★★
Are there are other champs in the game who have timers for charges that increase in time as your reach to max number of charges like Gambit? You'd figure that since they refresh everytime the AI hits your block AND they take longer to accumulate the more you get that the damage would be insane when you reach 10 plus and SP 2 or 3, but it's VERY VERY .... VERY underwhelming once you actually charge up 10 (which almost never happens).

Compare this to Nebula's shock charges which charge up at even speeds and aren't interrupted by blocks, and when they're used the payoff if MEGA!

Basically, Gambit sucks, but could suck a lot less if the Kinetic charges aspect of his kit is changed to emulate Nebula's.... Small change I hope they can make without havign to go to a vote, Beta, 6 month testing roud, 2nd Beta, 6 more months of testing, pre-reslease nerf, then release in 2022.... :neutral:

Comments

• Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    I would really appreciate Gambit's Kinetic Charge timer to be changed so it doesn't reset when struck, it would make playing Gambit so much more enjoyable. I happen to enjoy playing Gambit and I have him as 6 star, so I even take him into AQ Map 5 sometimes. It also doesn't make sense for the timer to reset since Gambit's whole thing is manipulating kinetic energy, so it would make more sense if the timer actually sped up when being hit since there's more kinetic energy for him to manipulate.
  • Options
    I have a 6* as well that feels so lack luster. Also reading his abilities it seems as though it should only take 0.5 seconds for each kinetic charge, but it seems like it adds 1/2 second for each charge on top of the time for the previous one, so you're waiting 5 seconds for 10 charges. Like I said, If you have to wait that long, his damage on specials should be near Havok levels, but best I've done is maybe a 20k Crit Sp2 which isn't that impressive for a 6* with that kind of build up
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    @Chovner, best I have done with my six star without suicides or synergies and at ten charges was about 53k total, but the problem is that he has very very low crit chance on the specials in my experience.
  • Options
    WTF.... I'm obviously doing something wrong...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIlWuzhSreE
  • Options
    psp742psp742 Posts: 2,309 ★★★★
    I have 5* Gambit @ 1/25 sig65, no plans to rank him up.. if aim is to stun opponent and do damage, I’d go with Hulk @ 3/45 sig50.. sp1 or sp2 can stun and hit harder.