**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Fix Ghulk's Face Me mechanic!!!!!!

EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
I know that some people will say this is already known and isn't a bug, but it is as a key mechanic is not working how it should. I just got through 5.2.4, tried testing my Ghulk out on 5.2.5 and his Face Me Mechanic doesn't work on Bane! His description says that Face Me should activate whenever he's under the effect of a passive DoT. Bane is passive, it inflicts damage, and it's an effect. So say what you will, this is a bug. Fix it.

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,018 ★★★★★
    Face me isn't supposed to interact with Bane. Miike has commented on it himself. Bane is a unique mechanic that isnt affected by anything and can't be avoided.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★

Face me isn't supposed to interact with Bane. Miike has commented on it himself. Bane is a unique mechanic that isnt affected by anything and can't be avoided.

I know this, doesn't change the fact that that's incorrect. They either need to change his description or get it working as described. If it works on Starburst, it should work on Bane.
    Etjama said:

I know this, doesn't change the fact that that's incorrect. They either need to change his description or get it working as described. If it works on Starburst, it should work on Bane.
    If they change anything, it would be the wording for bane. If they changed Bane to interact with abilities, then it would have to be changed where offense/defense AAR would effect it too which won't happen. The interaction likely won't ever change, plus it's easily avoided.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★

Etjama said:

If they change anything, it would be the wording for bane. If they changed Bane to interact with abilities, then it would have to be changed where offense/defense AAR would effect it too which won't happen. The interaction likely won't ever change, plus it's easily avoided.
    Well they need to change the wording of something, cause that's mega disleeding.
    It may be easy for you, and hopefully will be for me with practice, but as of now, my problem is that nobody wants to throw a special no matter how well I bate and I keep getting to the point where I either have to take the damage from Bane or push their power too far. Any tips?
    edited November 2019
    Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Well they need to change the wording of something, cause that's mega disleeding.
    It may be easy for you, and hopefully will be for me with practice, but as of now, my problem is that nobody wants to throw a special no matter how well I bate and I keep getting to the point where I either have to take the damage from Bane or push their power too far. Any tips?
    Parry right before the timer so bane transfers then hit once and back off then continue to bait their specials.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,168 ★★★★★
    Better yet change is to not call pasive what ther can do call it something els I’m Hav no ide what
  • Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Shorten your combos when you’re close to bane timer, you can also hit slower - you have to get the timing right - but you can space your hits out slightly rather than button mashing to lengthen the time it takes for your combo to complete so you could slip through the bane transfer comfortably mid combo.
    While I was learning bane I used Domino/Massacre for the extended stun duration which gives you a bit more leeway.

Bane just forces you to think a little bit more in your fight about timing and power/special duration etc.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    Bane is NOT a passive damage over time effect. They stated it in the past and are already working on something to better differentiate these third type of effects in the game (neither debuffs or passives).

Simply saying, working as intended