**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Worth ranking champs to r5 anymore?

At the title says, is it worth ranking 4* champs to rank 5 anymore with the news of 6* and 5* becoming a by more accessible? Also would it depend on the champs, like I have a gp & bw sitting at r 4 ready to be ranked up, and I'd still consider ranking at least those two up. But what about the other champs?

Comments

• Jay_IberoJay_Ibero Posts: 265
    I don't have any r5's and I clear the master quest every month and have fully completed story through 5.1. Waiting to get some good duped 5* before I bother ranking them to handle 5.2.
  • FluffyFluffy Posts: 446 ★★
    I would say it is worth it if you want to work on Act 5. Champs at 4/40 are going to struggle in those quests. They are capable of completing it for sure, but it will be tougher. I know I personally don't have the variety of 5* champs to quest there. I have to mix in my 5/50s with my 5* champs.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Yes.
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Not widow, but gp may still have some value for a little while. But if you don't need them (for gameplay or prestige), then I wouldn't do it.
  • PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    I have 9 R5s and I think that's enough. I'm going to focus on 5* now, 4*s are a dead end.
  • Spend whatever you have now because everything in the game has a deterioration factor to it. We're buying cars not houses.
  • Kronos987654321Kronos987654321 Posts: 584 ★★★
    Depends on where you are at in the game. I've got 23 R5 so I'm saving all resources for 5* and 6* now. If you don't have enough R5 for AQ and AW I would say keep ranking them
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    Depends if you have 7 or 8 rank 5's I say wait for 5 stars
  • MattyloMattylo Posts: 234
    Depending on how much GP would help your roster I wouldnt R5 anyone currently. I would hold off until more information is released. For most players T4CC arent easy to come by. Thats what I am doing at least.
  • He_Is_LegendHe_Is_Legend Posts: 47
    edited August 2017
    6su0xmsqwdi0.png
    Mattylo wrote: »
    Depending on how much GP would help your roster I wouldnt R5 anyone currently. I would hold off until more information is released. For most players T4CC arent easy to come by. Thats what I am doing at least.
    Well so far I'm currently sitting on some garbage 5*
    I have 3 r5 4*
    Sig 99 guilly
    Sig 88 ulty
    Sig 86 wolvie

I seem to be doing well with wars and aq, been lazy when it comes to story mode and am only running events beginner thru master

The main thing is I don't know how long they will be worth a damn once the 5* push more in to our rosters and 6* come out
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    The main thing is I don't know how long they will be worth a damn once the 5* push more in to our rosters and 6* come out

This is a tricky question, and its different for every player. But in general, remember that this change is going to happen over time, a long, long time for most players. You aren't going to get your first 6* champion until at least six months, maybe a year from now. It will be longer before you can build an actual 6* team. In the meantime, the game will go on. Content will come out that is harder than what we have now. That content will have valuable rewards. Rewards that would help you build towards a stronger 5* and 6* roster.

Do you continue to build up your 4* and 5* roster to put yourself in a better position to do that content, knowing you are spending resources you could save for when you eventually get 6* champs? This is a balancing question. It is analogous to playing an RTS like Starcraft. You need offense. You need defense. You need to spend on those or you're going to die. But you also have to spend on things that will get you more resources: you have to "invest" some resources now to get even more resources later, or you'll fall behind your opponent.

Resources you save towards upgrading future 6* champs is sitting idle. If you can spend them on upgrading champs that would in turn help you earn even more resources from harder content, then it might be well spent in the long run. If that opportunity doesn't exist, then it might make more sense to hold onto them.

Only you can answer the question whether or not a 5/50 Gwenpool or Black Widow (for example) will ultimately help you do more than what you are doing now or not. But that's the choice you have.
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    edited August 2017
    I would say only rank 4* to R5 if you have a gap or need on your current team(regen,poison/bleed,power control, ability reduction, high damage output) or to build a solid AW D team as that will help yield more 5* shards down the road and hence more potential dupes someday.

Once you team is whole in those places save and only rank if at a surplus or it makes a significant improvement to your team.
  • Thebgj01Thebgj01 Posts: 269
    All the excitement I had to rank up my voodoo to 5, went out the door when they announced the 6*'s.

I have 8 4*'s at rank 5..haven't run into any problems yet.

I have 3 T4 skill and 3T4 mystic. ZERO basic..I'll just hold on to them for future 5*'s
  • wray1976wray1976 Posts: 459 ★★
    Honestly it won't matter. No way to predict the future with the game so either way could be worthless.
  • HoidCosmereHoidCosmere Posts: 550 ★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »

This is a tricky question, and its different for every player. But in general, remember that this change is going to happen over time, a long, long time for most players. You aren't going to get your first 6* champion until at least six months, maybe a year from now. It will be longer before you can build an actual 6* team. In the meantime, the game will go on. Content will come out that is harder than what we have now. That content will have valuable rewards. Rewards that would help you build towards a stronger 5* and 6* roster.

Do you continue to build up your 4* and 5* roster to put yourself in a better position to do that content, knowing you are spending resources you could save for when you eventually get 6* champs? This is a balancing question. It is analogous to playing an RTS like Starcraft. You need offense. You need defense. You need to spend on those or you're going to die. But you also have to spend on things that will get you more resources: you have to "invest" some resources now to get even more resources later, or you'll fall behind your opponent.

Resources you save towards upgrading future 6* champs is sitting idle. If you can spend them on upgrading champs that would in turn help you earn even more resources from harder content, then it might be well spent in the long run. If that opportunity doesn't exist, then it might make more sense to hold onto them.

Only you can answer the question whether or not a 5/50 Gwenpool or Black Widow (for example) will ultimately help you do more than what you are doing now or not. But that's the choice you have.

excellent answer. thank you
  • DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    Palanthrax wrote: »
    I have 9 R5s and I think that's enough. I'm going to focus on 5* now, 4*s are a dead end.

Yes this is what I have been telling my ally quit wasting resources on 4*. If you want to stay competitive need to start focusing on 5*. IMO I do think it is way to early for 6*