**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Dungeons Slumber Node

solopolosolopolo Posts: 883 ★★★
Has the Slumber node in dungeons been looked into yet? I've seen a few people bring it up here a few times last time dungeons were running. If the node wasn't fixed yet it could've at least been turned off for this round, because it's costing people rounds.

In dungeons 5+ the Slumber node does not stun defenders and gives them the attack boost immediately.

Comments

• Options
    Doomsfist79Doomsfist79 Posts: 922 ★★★
    What is the other buff the node is receiving.. is it a buff that states the defender can not be stunned?
  • Options
    Goodness said:

Could you give examples?

What examples? I don't have screenshots, but I've only seen it happening with Juggernaut so far. Haven't faced any other champion with the node in higher dungeons, but some alliance mates also mentioned it happening with colossus, and others I've played dungeons with have also mentioned it. Don't remember what other champions were mentioned though. The node's worked fine in lower dungeons. No issues in 3 and I believe 4.
  • Options

What is the other buff the node is receiving.. is it a buff that states the defender can not be stunned?

No, I remember having checked for stun immune/debuff immune nodes. And parries worked fine in those fights.
  • Options
    ArylAryl Posts: 1,302 ★★★★
    edited November 2019
    It probably had masochism.

Edit: masochism will immediately remove the stun
  • Options
    Aryl said:

No masochism either. No timer, no regen, parry worked fine.
  • Options
    solopolo said:

Aryl said:

Without know exactly which nodes were active, we won't be able to help.

Slumber has worked fine for me... although, I usually avoid it.
  • Options
    Aryl said:

solopolo said:

Aryl said:

Without know exactly which nodes were active, we won't be able to help.

Slumber has worked fine for me... although, I usually avoid it.
    It's failed to stun in earlier rooms as well, when links only give single nodes to bosses. Unless those have global nodes that affect slumber, which I'm pretty sure isn't the case.
  • Options
    Goodness said:

solopolo said:

Goodness said:

Could you give examples?

What examples? I don't have screenshots, but I've only seen it happening with Juggernaut so far. Haven't faced any other champion with the node in higher dungeons, but some alliance mates also mentioned it happening with colossus, and others I've played dungeons with have also mentioned it. Don't remember what other champions were mentioned though. The node's worked fine in lower dungeons. No issues in 3 and I believe 4.
    Wow I swear some people.... just think about what you said for jugs

For other champs pacify master affects the other debuffs
    Chill the eff, man.

And what does pacify have to do with slumber? Am I missing something here?
  • Options
    Goodness said:

Mb, wasn't aware he had a full stun immunity. How does pacify affect slumber?
  • Options
    Goodness said:

Kabam zibit has stated in a similar Thread that pacify affects the nodes since the AAR aspect of it can prevent the other effects

Pacify shouldn't affect a champion unless they're stunned. Also, dungeon bosses don't have masteries.
  • Options
    Goodness said:

Kabam zibit has stated in a similar Thread that pacify affects the nodes since the AAR aspect of it can prevent the other effects

I still don't understand how pacify's AAR would affect a slumber stun since it's a debuff.
  • Options
    @Kabam Zibiit could you clarify or point us to your previous post?
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    So... slumber... is... a buff?

What?

Edit: that quote has nothing to do with pacify. He specifically says it's a debuff.

Edit 2: what I'm saying is, slumber's stun could not be affected by pacify's AAR since it's a debuff.
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    solopolo said:

Goodness said:

Mb, wasn't aware he had a full stun immunity. How does pacify affect slumber?
    he is stun immune when he has unstoppable up, and he starts the match with unstoppable. It is the reason you cannot do the initial parry.
  • Options
    Goodness said:

Aryl said:

So... slumber... is... a buff?

What?

Edit: that quote has nothing to do with pacify. He specifically says it's a debuff.

Technically yes since it’s a node on the defender
    Then why is it affected by masochism?

It acts as a debuff and buff when it benefits the defender?
  • Options
    @Goodness @Aryl slumber is not a buff. That screen says nothing about pacify, he just says slumber is affected by ability accuracy reduction, which it is. Nodes usually are. Pacify doesn't affect a champion's ability accuracy if they're not stunned. And slumber's stun is a regular debuff, not a buff, so regardless it wouldn't be affected.
    Lormif said:

he is stun immune when he has unstoppable up, and he starts the match with unstoppable. It is the reason you cannot do the initial parry.

Yeah, didn't realize until I read his abilities.
  • Options
    @solopolo that's what I've been trying to point out... but, apparently, it is as Goodness says.

The logic here makes no goddam sense and should be fixed.