**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

What is a passive stun?!?

joke1004joke1004 Posts: 258 ★★★
How is it possible that Doom should stun stun immunes with his passive stun, but wasp should not? Are you kidding me?!?

Comments

• Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    joke1004 said:

How is it possible that Doom should stun stun immunes with his passive stun, but wasp should not? Are you kidding me?!?

he should not, that is a bug that they will hopefully fix. A passive stun is one that can get around debuff immunities, but not stun immunities.
  • Options
    ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    joke1004 said:

Are you sure you weren't fighting "debuff immune" instead of "stun immune"? Cause dr doom and wasp's passive stun should still happen as intended against debuff immune as they are passive stuns.
  • Options
    Now how in the world is debuff immunity not including stun immunity?
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    joke1004 said:

because up until the introduction of wasp, stuns have always been in the form of active debuffs. Wasp is the first time a "passive stun" had been introduced so now they have to make that distinction clear.
  • Options

joke1004 said:

Are you sure you weren't fighting "debuff immune" instead of "stun immune"? Cause dr doom and wasp's passive stun should still happen as intended against debuff immune as they are passive stuns.
    doom stuns stun immined champions here he is doing it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9ec9SMeDUQ
  • Options
    Interesting. I didn’t see a difference before...
  • Options
    This is all just ridiculous sorry ...
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    A passive stun is a stun ability/effect.
    A stun debuff is a stun ability/effect.

Stun debuff are active abilities (therefore not passive) and will interact as debuffs during the fights, against certain nodes or champions abilities.
    Pasive stun is not a debuff, due to being passive and not active. It will also interact as a passive ability on fights and against nodes and abilities.

Both of them are stun abilities, therefore neither are applied if the opponent is stun immune
  • Options
    joke1004 said:

debuff imminities include stun DEBUFFs, but not stun passsives. Stun immunity includes stun debuffs and stun passives.

There are 3 types of abilities, and the names of them are very confusing. There are debuffs, passives and then another classification that does not count in either containing most of the degens

Passives were made to get around debuffs, but if you are completely immune then it should work at all. For instance Vision who is bleed immune should not take bleed passive damage, because he is completely immune to bleeding.
  • Options
    So we’re constantly changing the rules....
  • Options
    Lormif said:

joke1004 said:

Alright, then looks like kabam have to change dr doom accordingly too. FYI, in the video you should have clicked the node descriptions so that those in the forums can see clearly the nodes active.
  • Options
    joke1004 said:

This is all just ridiculous sorry ...

Its not ridiculous, they told us when she was released there was a bug and it would be fixed, it just took them awhile to do it.
  • Options
    issamaf80issamaf80 Posts: 1,472 ★★★

joke1004 said:

because up until the introduction of wasp, stuns have always been in the form of active debuffs. Wasp is the first time a "passive stun" had been introduced so now they have to make that distinction clear.
    not really wasp is not the first Loki is
  • Options
    joke1004 said:

The rules have not changed, it was a bug, they are bringing her back in line with the rules.
  • Options
    joke1004 said:

Its not really a rule change, more of an update.
  • Options
    So why is Doom not on the known issues list?
  • Options

Lormif said:

joke1004 said:

Alright, then looks like kabam have to change dr doom accordingly too. FYI, in the video you should have clicked the node descriptions so that those in the forums can see clearly the nodes active.
    yea I should have, but getting a clean intercept type attack on a road to lab mob with a 3*r1 is not the easiest for me hehe.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    joke1004 said:

So why is Doom not on the known issues list?

I guess they'll have to add dr doom to the list now haha. Hopefully @kabam anyone sees this thread and responds to it.
  • Options
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

joke1004 said:

yea I should have, but getting a clean intercept type attack on a road to lab mob with a 3*r1 is not the easiest for me hehe.
    Not that, i meant before entering the battle, you click the yellow node icon to display the list of nodes active haha.
  • Options
    issamaf80 said:

joke1004 said:

pretty sure loki is a stun debuff champ, but could be wrong.
  • Options
    It’s passive for Loki
  • Options

Lormif said:

joke1004 said:

new one for clarity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkIFwPLvJnY
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,187 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

issamaf80 said:

joke1004 said:

He stun Hav changes to a passive alest what of ikow of
  • Options

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

joke1004 said:

Not that, i meant before entering the battle, you click the yellow node icon to display the list of nodes active haha.
    no I realize, what I meant is I took a couple videos and forgot to click on that one.
  • Options
    I'm more curious to see if their interaction against astral evade will be fixed as well. For all champions that apply passive stun of course
  • Options
    Gamer said:

Lormif said:

issamaf80 said:

joke1004 said:

He stun Hav changes to a passive alest what of ikow of
    yall are correct, I was mostly going off what kabam said back in 2018 when they said she was the first with it.
  • Options

I'm more curious to see if their interaction against astral evade will be fixed as well. For all champions that apply passive stun of course

Does it matter to mordo whether the stun is a passive or debuff? Wouldn't he astral evade regardless?
  • Options

Does it matter to mordo whether the stun is a passive or debuff? Wouldn't he astral evade regardless?
    According to his info, any stun effect should trigger astral evade. But currently passive stuns are bypassing it, that's what I'm curious to see if it will get fixed
  • Options
    Thi101Thi101 Posts: 808 ★★★

According to his info, any stun effect should trigger astral evade. But currently passive stuns are bypassing it, that's what I'm curious to see if it will get fixed
    Are they? I’m pretty sure everytime I faced a Mordo with my Wasp her passive stun triggered his Astral Evade normally.
    And also, everytime I faced a Stun immune champ her stun wouldn’t work naturally

I’m so confused with this. Was she really bypassing those things? How the he’ll didn’t I notice?