**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

kingbin 5* Is it worth the promotion؟؟

I got it recently. Will it help me with anything?

Comments

• Options
    ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    Kingpin is worth up to R2, but people have mentioned on the forums that kingpin is a decent counter to annihilus, so for annihilus purposes maybe R3 is enough.
  • Options
    Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,783 ★★★★★
    He is great against all F4 and Science champions in general, with the exception of a few (like Modok, for example).
  • Options

He is great against all F4 and Science champions in general, with the exception of a few (like Modok, for example).

Why not modok? I don't really use kingpin nowadays, but I could see his unstoppable heavy coming in quite handy in disabling modoks force-field.

Kingpin was one of my first 5* champs and I actually really liked him for a while lol.

Nice catch. I never thought of his unstoppable against Modok, it could work, I guess. I always look for true strike when I have to deal with him.
  • Options

Thinking about it, has anyone here tried using kingpin against havok? Havoks plasma works as a debuff, so most of the time kingpin would convert the charges into his big fury and avoid the detonation.

On paper and in my kind he should be at least an okay havok counter.

Another interesting thought. He does have the class disadvantage though...

Not to sidetrack the discussion, but Taskmaster, despite the class disadvantage, has been confirmed as an excellent Havok counter, because he becomes immune on his plasma charges at 9 and purifies the 10th.