Summoners, we are aware of some issues currently affecting Dungeons, and possibly other parts of the game. We are working to resolve this as soon as possible, and will address the knock ons when we are sure this is all resolved.

Champion Spotlight - Silver Surfer

13»

Comments

• Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,101 ★★★★

To be honest, any champion that is able to inflict bleed can bleed Silver Surfer. He is not bleed immune, there you have it.

Luke cage has blood why doesn't he bleed?
  • Zuko_ILC said:

To be honest, any champion that is able to inflict bleed can bleed Silver Surfer. He is not bleed immune, there you have it.

Cause he is bleed immune, is one of his abilities. You don't have that ability for Silver Surfer , so he is not bleed immune.
    Pretty simple how it works, yeh

Zuko_ILC said:

Cause he is bleed immune, is one of his abilities. You don't have that ability for Silver Surfer , so he is not bleed immune.
    Pretty simple how it works, yeh
    Yeh? Not sure what that means.
  • RoninManRoninMan Posts: 748 ★★★★

I know not every charater can be so powerfull in the battlerealm as they are in the comics, but the Herald of Galactus do not add nothing to the contest. He is just a prestige tool.

So... he does add something to the game? Way to contradict yourself almost in the same sentence.
  • UmbertoDelRioUmbertoDelRio Posts: 3,453 ★★★★★
    Zuko_ILC said:

Zuko_ILC said:

Zuko_ILC said:

Zuko_ILC said:

Zuko_ILC said:

Surfer should not bleed. And how does a champ that exists in the cold vacuum of space take cold snap damage? Makes little sense!!!

Why not? He is not immune, and he also has blood.
    For the codsnap, that doesnt mean he should be immune. At least he has 100% resistence to it, and you wont encounter enhanced coldsnap nodes that often in the game
    Well Luke Cage has blood, and he can bleed per his TV show......soooo by that logic Luke Cage should not be bleed immune.

The point is his skin can't be pierced unless he allows it so he is actually bleed immune.
    So all those times surfer got his buttocks whooped he... Wanted to get whooped?
    He didnt bleed did he?
    He did that pretty well so far in the eq of this game, which is a game and not a comic.

I'm solely arguing your silly point of surfer's skin being impenetrable unless he doesn't want it to be, though lol. Him being eaten alive and impaled by mjolnirs handle are the first two instances coming to my mind.
    Did he bleed?
    He oozed something out when he was chomped away, I'd say that counts.
    Cosmic particles aren't blood....so yeah he doesn't bleed. Thanks!
    If your equivalent to blood is cosmic particles, then you bleed cosmic particles. So yeah... Also, again, I'm basically only arguing your point of his skin being impenetrable, which is incorrect.

So... Thanks?
    Cosmic particles aren't blood. Robots have oil but they don't bleed....silver surfer doesn't bleed...

So...Thanks!
    Okay first of all, I'm pretty sure a highly advanced robot like ultron does not rely on oil in any way comparable to how humans rely on their blood or surfer relies on his cosmic ooze lmao.

Second of all, if the game functioning in a way that robots could "leak" after being attacked by a bleed attack, then sure they could "bleed" in terms of how the game works.

What exactly are you even trying to argue about lmao?
  • Star_Prince1Star_Prince1 Posts: 15
    Silver Surfer was the reason I returned to MCOC, I've been out fo more than a year I believe. When I saw Kabam's video on an upcoming Silver Surfer that got me hooked. For the last month I have been grinding to collect resources for obtaining Silver Surfer once he enters the game. To see the early reviews and reactions of the community saddens me, the game blew it... Silver Surfer isn't worthy of a champion to be ranked up max. I won't spend units on him. Might even lose the appetite of playing this game.

Zuko_ILC said:

Zuko_ILC said:

Zuko_ILC said:

Zuko_ILC said:

Zuko_ILC said:

Surfer should not bleed. And how does a champ that exists in the cold vacuum of space take cold snap damage? Makes little sense!!!

For the codsnap, that doesnt mean he should be immune. At least he has 100% resistence to it, and you wont encounter enhanced coldsnap nodes that often in the game
    Well Luke Cage has blood, and he can bleed per his TV show......soooo by that logic Luke Cage should not be bleed immune.

The point is his skin can't be pierced unless he allows it so he is actually bleed immune.
    He didnt bleed did he?
    He did that pretty well so far in the eq of this game, which is a game and not a comic.

I'm solely arguing your silly point of surfer's skin being impenetrable unless he doesn't want it to be, though lol. Him being eaten alive and impaled by mjolnirs handle are the first two instances coming to my mind.
    Did he bleed?
    If your equivalent to blood is cosmic particles, then you bleed cosmic particles. So yeah... Also, again, I'm basically only arguing your point of his skin being impenetrable, which is incorrect.

So... Thanks?
    Cosmic particles aren't blood. Robots have oil but they don't bleed....silver surfer doesn't bleed...

So...Thanks!
    Okay first of all, I'm pretty sure a highly advanced robot like ultron does not rely on oil in any way comparable to how humans rely on their blood or surfer relies on his cosmic ooze lmao.

Second of all, if the game functioning in a way that robots could "leak" after being attacked by a bleed attack, then sure they could "bleed" in terms of how the game works.

I guess the point is hes a really really disappointing champion and they have time to tweak him before release.
  • UmbertoDelRioUmbertoDelRio Posts: 3,453 ★★★★★
    Zuko_ILC said:

Zuko_ILC said:

Zuko_ILC said:

Zuko_ILC said:

Zuko_ILC said:

Zuko_ILC said:

He didnt bleed did he?

Did he bleed?

So... Thanks?

So...Thanks!

I guess the point is hes a really really disappointing champion and they have time to tweak him before release.
    He has 3 pseudo immunities working in a way that highly benefits him in the right matchups and allowing him to heal through willpower. On top of that he also has some other interesting utility, like his anti-miss-mechanic and easy armor break.

His damage seems to be okay, not absurd like some other champs like cull, but then again he has more utility than him.

Most of the gameplay footage I've seen so far wasn't even using him correctly, as in trying to play him with suicides and complaining how bad he is with those, which shocker not all champs are designed to be suicide-friendly. It's almost like trying to judge a sym supreme by a rol ws match.

And your point is essentially that something like bleed immunity would satisfy all those sheeps that didn't even play him yet or didn't even really try to figure him out and still think they have a valid opinion on him? Yeah, right.

Zuko_ILC said:

Zuko_ILC said:

Zuko_ILC said:

Zuko_ILC said:

Zuko_ILC said:

Zuko_ILC said:

He didnt bleed did he?

Did he bleed?

So... Thanks?

So...Thanks!

He has 3 pseudo immunities working in a way that highly benefits him in the right matchups and allowing him to heal through willpower. On top of that he also has some other interesting utility, like his anti-miss-mechanic and easy armor break.

His damage seems to be okay, not absurd like some other champs like cull, but then again he has more utility than him.

Most of the gameplay footage I've seen so far wasn't even using him correctly, as in trying to play him with suicides and complaining how bad he is with those, which shocker not all champs are designed to be suicide-friendly. It's almost like trying to judge a sym supreme by a rol ws match.

And your point is essentially that something like bleed immunity would satisfy all those sheeps that didn't even play him yet or didn't even really try to figure him out and still think they have a valid opinion on him? Yeah, right.
    He's the new Sentry. He's not a great champ and he should be with all the build up to his release. I have him maxed on my other account and hes just average at best.
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,374 ★★★★
    thoughts on surfer

1.Surfer’s immunities are not actual immunities: he simply takes 100% less damage from Shock, Coldsnap, and Incinerate debuffs. So if you get in a situation where a node is boosting that damage of the debuff, he will still take damage. Furthermore, since he’s not truly immune, he will take damage from passive effects such as the EMP Shock and Mephisto’s Aura of Incineration.

2.Only healing is via the Willpower mastery, and there are only a few situations where you can gain a Coldsnap, Incinerate, or Shock debuff without actually taking a hit in the process. Not a very sustainable champion.

3.Terrible for Buffet nodes and other situations where his buffs will be automatically removed.

4.Requires extensive synergies with other champions not well suited to endgame content to be at his best. Even fully ramped-up, the damage does not feel like it is worth the effort, and requires flawless play or it all falls apart.

5. Requires a high-end skill set to play, like Doctor Octopus or Ghost, but without the big payoff those champions provide. especially given how stacked the Cosmic class is with monsters such as Corvus Glaive, Captain Marvel Movie, Medusa, Venom the Duck, and Hyperion

only place i do see him excelling that
    He is a valid option for Freezeburn; in fact, that is probably the best place to play him, as the debuffs increase his damage and if you’re running willpower,it will heal him.

He does have bit of utility, but it’s pretty niche at the moment. Freezerburn is one such place, but there are plenty of other champions such as Sunspot, Claire Voyant, Human Torch, Colossus, and Mephisto that can already handle Freezerburn and that Summoners have already ranked up. All of those champions have much more utility, and in many cases, are more sustainable, than Silver Surfer. When I’m looking at ranking up a champion, I want one that can solve problems. Other than prestige, Silver Surfer doesn’t solve many problems, and the ones he can solve, we already have better options for.
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,374 ★★★★
    1.Surfer’s immunities are not actual immunities: he simply takes 100% less damage from Shock, Coldsnap, and Incinerate debuffs. So if you get in a situation where a node is boosting that damage of the debuff, he will still take damage. Furthermore, since he’s not truly immune, he will take damage from passive effects such as the EMP Shock and Mephisto’s Aura of Incineration.

2.Only healing is via the Willpower mastery, and there are only a few situations where you can gain a Coldsnap, Incinerate, or Shock debuff without actually taking a hit in the process. Not a very sustainable champion.

3.Terrible for Buffet nodes and other situations where his buffs will be automatically removed.

4.Requires extensive synergies with other champions not well suited to endgame content to be at his best. Even fully ramped-up, the damage does not feel like it is worth the effort, and requires flawless play or it all falls apart.

5. Requires a high-end skill set to play, like Doctor Octopus or Ghost, but without the big payoff those champions provide. especially given how stacked the Cosmic class is with monsters such as Corvus Glaive, Captain Marvel Movie, Medusa, Venom the Duck, and Hyperion

only place i do see him excelling that
    He is a valid option for Freezeburn; in fact, that is probably the best place to play him, as the debuffs increase his damage and if you’re running willpower,it will heal him.

He does have bit of utility, but it’s pretty niche at the moment. Freezerburn is one such place, but there are plenty of other champions such as Sunspot, Claire Voyant, Human Torch, Colossus, and Mephisto that can already handle Freezerburn and that Summoners have already ranked up. All of those champions have much more utility, and in many cases, are more sustainable, than Silver Surfer. When I’m looking at ranking up a champion, I want one that can solve problems. Other than prestige, Silver Surfer doesn’t solve many problems, and the ones he can solve, we already have better options for.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 955 ★★★

"Passive:
    Silver Surfer takes -100% damage from Coldsnap, Incinerate, and Shock Debuffs. Each stack of these Debuffs count as a Unique Buff for any of Silver Surfer's abilities."

If I'm reading this correctly, it means that he will still take damage from those debuffs if they are enhanced by abilities or nodes, correct?

If the damage from those Debuffs is increased past their normal 100% damage, he will take some damage from them.
    That seems unnecessary. So if he runs into a node that’s “incinerate debuffs have +40% potency” he still will take the 40%? He should take no damage because whatever the damage is, he takes 100% less. Why didn’t you keep it simple and make it so he takes 0 damage? Several other champs already do it, so it isn’t a novel solution you need to write from scratch. The hard, complicated way of “he takes 100% less damage (kinda), but not really, it depends on the way the wind blows” is asking for problems and doesn’t make sense.
    I feel like this character was rushed out. I much would've preferred feedback from the CCP and have him released the 4th Thursday of the month. I thought with the change in release of champions to only 2 a month it would improve feedback from CCP testers but it doesn't look like that is happening. Hopefully next year.
    Zuko_ILC said:

I feel like this character was rushed out. I much would've preferred feedback from the CCP and have him released the 4th Thursday of the month. I thought with the change in release of champions to only 2 a month it would improve feedback from CCP testers but it doesn't look like that is happening. Hopefully next year.

Their purpose isn’t to test, they’re just making hype content. The champs are a done deal and they aren’t changing anything that’s not broken or game-breaking at that point.

He doesn’t really have a thing where you would see content and you gotta get your boy Surfer to handle that. His rotating buff mechanic is lacking and his “immunities” are less useful than I hoped for.
  • KeluoKeluo Posts: 4
    Is there a way to stack multiple Aptitude buffs? The L3 description mentions “Each aptitude buff” suggesting more than one. But even after multiple L3 it does not stack...
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 175
    edited December 2019

Zuko_ILC said:

Zuko_ILC said:

Zuko_ILC said:

The Luke Cage from the game is different than that one.
    Even so, the one we have in the game doesn't lack blood. He is just immune to bleeding, and is one of his abilities
    So since Silver Surfer's skin is invulnerable and he has blood then he should be bleed immune. Also Luke Cage has bled in the comics.

http://coolnerdshow.com/2016/08/who-can-cut-luke-cages-skin/

So you are basically agreeing that Silver Surfer should be bleed immune.
    No, he shouldn't. He doesn't have that ability.
    And his skin is not invulnerable by game standards, and there is not even anything like that in his abilities.
    It's literally in his Marvel Comics bio. Do you know much about Silver Surfer? Because it doesn't sound like you understand the Marvel character at all as he has never bled in the comics. Like never....like there is no marvel comic book where he has ever bled even from punches from Enraged Hulk so.....doesn't make sense that he can bleed in this game. On a side note Luke Cage has bled, he's bled many times and isn't bleed immune. His skin is as strong as Titanium which definitely loses to Wolvie so there's that. I hope you can look up facts and abilities of Silver Surfer so you can get a better understanding of him. It would be helpful to be knowledgeable about said champions in discussing abilities. Otherwise you are just making opinionated comments which don't hold up to actual comic book facts so it just sounds silly.
    Like I mentioned early, Luke Cage from this game is different from the other's in MCU, comics, whatever. And Silver Surfer is the same, as well as any other character in the game.

Simply saying, the Silver Surfer in the game is not immune to bleeding, even if the other Silver Surfer from the comics is. You could say they are different character's with different abilities, or that his powers are just different in the game.

Just disregard anything you know from outside sources. You shouldn't expect a character to necessarily do something in the game just because they do in other universe's. It can happen, or it can't. Upon creation, there is no real reason for him to be immune to anything, unless the creators want him to be
    Might as well not name him Silver Surfer and call him Space Aegon then. Characters in this game are based on comic book characters (same as MCU movie characters ). This whole game is based on that comic book universe and that "outside" source.

Its why most people play it - they didn't come to this game for Guillotine or Aegon - they came for Spider-man, Captain America & Wolverine. It's only when they started playing they realise how upside down it is here in Kabam Universe and want to get their hands on Ghost rather than Ghost Rider :D

We are talking about innate characteristics here - there are a list of immunities in game, and based on comics some should apply to certain characters in game and they haven't for whatever random reason.

That is NOT the same as expecting a character to "do something they do in comics" - yet you continue to argue a point no one has made.

No one at Kabam created Silver Surfer - your previous statement is illogical. There are about 5-6 created characters here - everyone else is in the game under Marvel licence.

Just because kabam makes them at times with innate abilities that has no source material logic (like Ghost Rider being vulnerable to incinerate), except via the blanket reason of "game balance", doesn't mean people shouldn't expect them to stick as closely to the source material as possible and point it out when they don't.

Luke Cage rarely bleeds in comics - same for Silver Surfer. There would be no imbalance if Surfer was similarly bleed immune in game, or even bleed resistant along the lines of Omega Red. Heisn't OP enough for that additional immunity to be game-changing.
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,039 ★★★★
    Keluo said:

Is there a way to stack multiple Aptitude buffs? The L3 description mentions “Each aptitude buff” suggesting more than one. But even after multiple L3 it does not stack...

Absolutely no offense to anyone here, but this is the most important question asked in this entire forum. Is it supposed to stack to 2 Aptitude buffs like the others or more and is bugged, or is it working as intended with just the one?
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,039 ★★★★
    ESF said:

Keluo said:

Absolutely no offense to anyone here, but this is the most important question asked in this entire forum. Is it supposed to stack to 2 Aptitude buffs like the others or more and is bugged, or is it working as intended with just the one?
    Never mind; I found it. @Keluo It's Max 1.
  • KeluoKeluo Posts: 4
    ESF said:

ESF said:

Keluo said:

It is specified as max 1, but I find it confusing that they follow it with “each aptitude buff”. It can easily be fix with the wording department OR a future synergy?!? Just guessing... if he could stack aptitude buffs that would help ramp his damage after several l3...

Zuko_ILC said:

Their purpose isn’t to test, they’re just making hype content. The champs are a done deal and they aren’t changing anything that’s not broken or game-breaking at that point.

He doesn’t really have a thing where you would see content and you gotta get your boy Surfer to handle that. His rotating buff mechanic is lacking and his “immunities” are less useful than I hoped for.
    That's not 100% correct they do give feedback on the champs and make kabam aware of bugs during testing so it would be easy (and beneficial) to incorporate this feedback to make the champs better a week before release. I do agree with what you are saying.
  • Weaver1983Weaver1983 Posts: 58
    Keluo said:

ESF said:

ESF said:

Keluo said:

It is specified as max 1, but I find it confusing that they follow it with “each aptitude buff”. It can easily be fix with the wording department OR a future synergy?!? Just guessing... if he could stack aptitude buffs that would help ramp his damage after several l3...
    I'm guessing that at some point in development they allowed the aptitude buff to stack higher...but the final version limited it to one, which is unfortunate.
    If I had to guess, I'm thinking Surfer started off much stronger like Carnage did where they dialed him back a touch too far for comfort before release.

Keluo said:

ESF said:

ESF said:

Keluo said:

I'm guessing that at some point in development they allowed the aptitude buff to stack higher...but the final version limited it to one, which is unfortunate.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 2,189 ★★★★

Herald of Galactus: With (coming soon)

Does this confirm Galactus as a playable character or another Herald?

Perhaps this is nudging towards cosmic ghost Rider? He is a Galactus herald and a amalgamation of Punisher (which is missing from champion puzzle) and Ghost Rider.
  • BumbunyonBumbunyon Posts: 35
    If he takes that much effort cycle and maintain his buffs the damage output should be more significant for sure. Hes one of the most powerful in the mcu and he is underwhelming for how much you need to pay attention to his buff maintenance to use him properly. I have him 6* unduped r2 and I still can't hit hard enough to get too far in tough fights.
  • MaesterAegonMaesterAegon Posts: 18
    Aptitude Buff should be stackable up to two like his regular buffs
  • BumbunyonBumbunyon Posts: 35
    I brought my r2 silver surfer to war last week to fight a havok mini boss and I really laid into him and kept armor buff up. Really dissatisfied with that I can't dish out top tier damage despite throwing someone into a SUN. Just does not have the damage output for end game difficulty content challenging enemies. Unless it's something so it so specific to his immunities. I mean some champs do 1 hit the same his sp2 does with 3 unique buffs..
  • MaesterAegonMaesterAegon Posts: 18
    Looking forward to a re-balance that buffs his damage output and utility