**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Ronan Vs Silver Surfer - Missing First Medium [Possible Bug]

Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
edited December 2019 in Bugs and Known Issues
Game mode: Event Quest, uncollected difficulty.
Device: Android 10, Xiaomi MI 9

While fightning against the final Silver Surfer boss, on this monthly event quest, I noticed that my first medium attack was missing and being ignored by Silver Surfer, after using my special attack to stun him.

The issue likely has something to do with his recovery time being too slow, allowing him to bypass an attack given while he is recovering.

You can see in the video below the issue happening very frequently, basically every single time I dash at him after using my special attack. Notice that the issue haven't happened in the first times because I delayed my dash attack in order to avoid the recovery time.

https://streamable.com/gv8sm

You can try to replicate it with any champion after knock him down. Preferably with a stun ability, so that you make sure he won't block or intercept your dash/medium attack right after.

Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    DementedAllyDementedAlly Posts: 18
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ContestOfChampions/comments/e679f7/captain_marvel_cosmic_queen_beat_down_on_surfer/

You can see this happen to Captain Marvel (Movie) in the gif posted by reddit user u/DarkZodiacMCOC. CMM whiffs a heavy twice when Silver Surfer is knocked down while stunned in the corner. Hopefully this is fixed by Kabam soon and not an "intended interaction".
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    Judging from the post above and from what I've seen other's discussing, I believe this is a specific problem on Silver Surfer himself, and not other champions.

Silver Surfer recovering time is longer than any other champion I'm able to remember, I don't think this is intended since it creates many problems when using him and when fightning against him, so I would like to know the veredict on this and whether it will be fixed or not
  • Options
    I recall fights against some other defenders too where they are slower to get back up after doing an SP or a Heavy against them, and then the first Medium Attack on them right afterwards will fail (acts like a swing and a miss) and then opponent clobbers you right back.

So not necessarily new with Surfer, but just another example of some defenders where this happens.