**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

6.3 Boosts not working?

Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
I'm currently making my way through 6.3 and I'm fighting a Void with Oscillate, Bleed Immunity, and Long Distance Relationship (staying close to the enemy places a weakness debuff.

First, I used the Composure (Skill) boost. For every 10 hits on the combo meter, skill champs should be debuff immune for 8 seconds. I used Killmonger. I never got debuff immunity. Both intimidating presence debuffs as well as the weakness debuff from Long Distance Relationship were applied. Since I was fighting Void, I died very quickly to passive damage.

So I moved on to Modified Constitution (Science), which should reduce Passive Damage (like Void's damage during debuffs) by 85% and place a slow debuff on the enemy. I used Void. The damage was not reduced and the enemy was never inflicted with Slow.

Are the boosts not working right now in 6.3? They were working just fine before the update.

Comments

• FrostyFrosty Posts: 485 ★★★
    The first one sounds bugged

The 2nd boost won't work on void. His debuffs are active not passive. Passive DOT effects are Dorms degen, Magik limbo, Mephisto aura, Torch nova, IMIW plasma, AA neuro and others like these. Anything triggering willpower like voids debuffs are active
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,760 ★★★★★
    Frosty said:

The 2nd boost won't work on void. His debuffs are active not passive. Passive DOT effects are Dorms degen, Magik limbo, Mephisto aura, Torch nova, IMIW plasma, AA neuro and others like these. Anything triggering willpower like voids debuffs are active

The debuffs are not DoT effects. Void himself inflicts passive damage on the opponent for each unique debuff on him
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    The first one worked for me last month, so must be a new bug, 2nd one voids damage isn’t passive damage over time which the boost requires, it doesn’t trigger face me so won’t trigger the boost
  • FrostyFrosty Posts: 485 ★★★

Frosty said:

The debuffs are not DoT effects. Void himself inflicts passive damage on the opponent for each unique debuff on him
    I never said Voids debuffs are DOT effects. Voids damage is not passive either its direct damage. Unavoidable damage that i don't think anyone is immune to unless they can remove the debuff itself
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,245 ★★★★★
    Yup Composure is not working for this update.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    Thanks for the input.

Regarding Void, I suppose I always thought that the damage from debuffs was "passive" since it seems to behave the same way other passive damage does, but upon reviewing his profile, it's listed as direct damage, so that's true, the Modified Constitution boost shouldn't work against Void. Fair enough...there was a reason it was my backup strategy.

My primary strategy was the Composure boost, which as others have pointed out, appears to be bugged at the moment.

Thanks for the input, all. Kabam, please fix this.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    Unfortunately, support only passed this issue along and completely ignored my request for my units to be reimbursed.

Does Composure work? The boosts increase in cost the more you buy. I'm already out 50 units on the one boost. Do I have to spend another 100 units just to find out if the boost is still bugged?