**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

iOS user! Fix your crashing issues with one simple trick! (YMMV)

DrekDrek Posts: 35
edited December 2019 in Bugs and Known Issues
Greetings fellow kids,

I am currently using an iPhone 7+ and am on iOS 13.3. Since the latest update I have had nonstop issues of horrible performance, missed commands, and crashing.

Frustrated, I came to the forums to see many others with similar issues across various devices, yet no solutions were found.

I attempted a few fixes of my own to no avail such as reinstalling the app, restarting my phone and turning off all other applications (I usually stream music all day and during play). Yet my issues remained.

Then as a Hail Mary I decided to clear the RAM and on my phone and poof!, my issues seem to have vanished into the ether.

To test my results I played for 75 minutes straight, on cellular data, WiFi turned off, music streaming via Apple Music, and played all game modes available as follows.

Arena - basic
AQ
Level Up
Arena - featured
UC EQ

No crashes. No performance issues.

Also worth noting my phone did not heat up as much as it has been lately and my battery usage seems to be back to normal (prior play times drained the battery tremendously).

I highly recommend everyone attempt this as it solved my issues thus far. Below are instructions for iPhone users.

iPhone 7 & Older iPhones

Hold down the Sleep/Wake button.
When Slide to Power off appears, let go of the Sleep/Wake Button.
Hold down your Home button.

After a few seconds, you screen will flash blank and then return to the Home screen and you will need to type in your passcode to login.

How to Clear RAM on iPhone 8 & X

First, you will need to turn on Assistive Touch. Go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Assistive Touch and toggle Assistive Touch on. A gray and white button will appear on the screen.

Next, return to the General page in your Settings app.
Scroll down to the bottom of the General menu and tap Shut Down.

A screen should pop up telling you to slide to power off with a Cancel button at the bottom.
Tap on the Assistive Touch button and then press and hold on the on-screen Home button until your iPhone flashes and returns to the Home screen.

It’s good to note that clearing RAM on your iPhone will not quit any of the apps you had open; the app will simply reload.

Directions taken from web search

Hope it helps everyone.

Comments

• Interesting (clearing the RAM)...

You say doing it this way does not result in an actual power off/on, and any apps that are open will remain open.

But, does this do anything better (for the game) than actually just powering off/on ??
  • DrekDrek Posts: 35
    I’m going to assume yes as I’ve powered off and on and still had the issues. Once I cleared the RAM the game ran fine.

My assumption is Apple suspends a lot of data to the RAM to make the apps “at the ready” for the end user and builds a cache. Over time this eats up a lot of that space or, maybe, because of updates to the apps (like MCoC) the data becomes bloated.