**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Loss of AW points potentially because of a disgruntled former member

Our alliance recent was docked AW points that moved us from mid gold 2 to mid gold 3. This happened very shortly after a former member went on a bizarre rant that made us question his mental stability and he was kicked. Without going into too much detail i think there is a very good chance this person made bogus claims against our alliance for "account sharing" and when i brought this up in a support ticket i was given absolutely no detail, just that someone for some reason was found to have done something. They won't tell me who was in violation, and how they were in violation, and/or if it could happen to us again. This is extremely troubling to me. It messes with the integrity of the game, and just really REALLY irks me. Punishment for either a mystery or non-existant reason made up by a crazy person is absolutely ridiculous. Anyone else been through this? Thoughts? Help?

Comments

• Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,650 ★★★★★
    I doubt it had anything to do with the guy you kicked. They aren't going to dock you just because someone sends in a ticket.
  • Options
    TheMethodTheMethod Posts: 189
    Wow. Ok. Well any idea how to find out who it is???? They won't tell me. And the main reason i suspected this guy is the timing. He went crazy in chat, called me this and that, basically made threats, i boot him, then a few hours later we're docked.
  • Options
    If you understood the whole situation you'd understand why i'd think the guy would do something like that. He just went on these bizarre attacks against me for essentially no reason, some very minor stuff, called it HIS alliance, and yeah threatened to do something if i went back at him. IDK if drugs/alcohol were involved or what. Said something about crying in the middle of the night because of this game... or something... it was out there.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    And can someone definitively clarify for me? Is account sharing basically more than 1 person playing an account? If that's going on in my alliance i have no clue who would be doing it.
  • Options
    Did that guy go into his rant via in-game chat, or was it just outside app like LINE ?
    If LINE, was he actually logged into game at that time or after as well ?

Only ask because maybe it was himself, maybe he got caught and banned by Kabam, so went on LINE and ranted at you. If Kabam bans someone, you wouldn’t be able to tell from inside game until some time later when you might actually notice the person not having logged in in a while.

So maybe he was banned, and your ally gets docked points as a result of whatever he had done to cause himself to be banned. Timing of you kicking him might have been independent of Kabam's actions.
  • Options
    edited December 2019

They don’t dock based off accusations.
    They don’t dock based off of lies.
    They do dock based off of proof.
    They do dock basses off information available to them.

If you got docked 100% chance there was some sharing going on or someone was using mods.

My thinking was more along the lines of maybe he reported something, and when they looked they found SOMETHING, maybe some sort of technicality or something. IDK. Obviously they wouldn't dock an alliance for absolutely no reason. It was just so odd to have had this bizarre threatening rant and be penalized soon after i booted the guy. If it's a total coincidence it's just weird the first time i have any real conflict of any sort with someone is followed by the only time my alliance has been docked.
  • Options
    NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    This is the one major complaint ppl have about alliance punishment. Kabam will not say who or what rule was violated to protect their security procedures. This leaves the alliance to only guess and have no way of knowing for sure if the problem will happen again or not. Im an alliance leader. Its a tough spot to be in because u dont want to falsely accuse someone or kick them if they are innocent, but your job is to protect the alliance and not always be friends. If in doubt about any member err on the side of caution and replace them. Its not worth the risk to the alliance. There r usually a few signs if someone is modding. They dont lose any health in tough fights and stuff like that. As for account sharing if u hear any member saying they played for their significant other or friend I would boot them. Its just not worth the risk.
  • Options
    Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    The thing I know about
    Luke9648 said:

They don’t dock based off accusations.
    They don’t dock based off of lies.
    They do dock based off of proof.
    They do dock basses off information available to them.

If you got docked 100% chance there was some sharing going on or someone was using mods.

My thinking was more along the lines of maybe he reported something, and when they looked they found SOMETHING, maybe some sort of technicality or something. IDK. Obviously they wouldn't dock an alliance for absolutely no reason. It was just so odd to have had this bizarre threatening rant and be penalized soon after i booted the guy. If it's a total coincidence it's just weird the first time i have any real conflict of any sort with someone is followed by the only time my alliance has been docked.
    I do know there is usually a time between when an infraction gets reported vs when they take action. Timeline it may seem like he was the catalyst but chances are it happened prior to his rant.

And at least you are not delusional in the fact that something COULD have happened.
  • Options
    Neotwism said:

This is the one major complaint ppl have about alliance punishment. Kabam will not say who or what rule was violated to protect their security procedures. This leaves the alliance to only guess and have no way of knowing for sure if the problem will happen again or not. Im an alliance leader. Its a tough spot to be in because u dont want to falsely accuse someone or kick them if they are innocent, but your job is to protect the alliance and not always be friends. If in doubt about any member err on the side of caution and replace them. Its not worth the risk to the alliance. There r usually a few signs if someone is modding. They dont lose any health in tough fights and stuff like that. As for account sharing if u hear any member saying they played for their significant other or friend I would boot them. Its just not worth the risk.

I was afraid of that.Thank you for your response.
  • Options

Did that guy go into his rant via in-game chat, or was it just outside app like LINE ?
    If LINE, was he actually logged into game at that time or after as well ?

Only ask because maybe it was himself, maybe he got caught and banned by Kabam, so went on LINE and ranted at you. If Kabam bans someone, you wouldn’t be able to tell from inside game until some time later when you might actually notice the person not having logged in in a while.

So maybe he was banned, and your ally gets docked points as a result of whatever he had done to cause himself to be banned. Timing of you kicking him might have been independent of Kabam's actions.

It was on LINE. As awful as the guys words and behavior were, i'm honestly kinda worried about the guys mental health. I guess you could be right, but i'll probably never know.
  • Options
    Does anyone have a simple answer as to why they do this? "Piloting" i guess, would they do this if someone had purchased their account from someone? In my old alliance i know someone gave his account away to someone else after he quit the game.
  • Options
    TKS87TKS87 Posts: 375 ★★★
    Luke9648 said:

Does anyone have a simple answer as to why they do this? "Piloting" i guess, would they do this if someone had purchased their account from someone? In my old alliance i know someone gave his account away to someone else after he quit the game.

Piloting is referring to someone else logging into your account to do certain fights; it does not necessarily mean one person taking over an account entirely. Piloting is one of the most common reason of AW points being docked - it was a big problem when AW first started, as the 'more skilled' players in an ally would log in to others accounts to take down harder fights.

However, obtaining/using another players account does still violate the TOS, whether it be by purchasing someone's account, or an account being passed on to another when the account originator leaves the game. Basically, playing on any account you didn't start from scratch yourself. I don't know if that merits a dock in AW points, unless one of your players is using two accounts in your ally and they didn't start one of them.
  • Options
    GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    You just have to see who hasn’t logged on in a really long time and that’s your culprit. It’s on TOS for them not to share that kind of information but if you look for it in the alliance feed it should be obvious when you have someone offline for like 16 hours after a docking.
  • Options
    Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    They really need to be a bit more transparent in things like this. Not necessarily naming the person but naming the infraction.