**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Is Corvus glaive is Best cosmic champion?

MiStaLovaMiStaLova Posts: 942 ★★★

Is Corvus glaive is Best cosmic champion? 198 votes

Yes
33%
SiliyoxNigNifzbassalaDuMonUGoldenSkullBen345qDuo_KulioSolrac_2Aryanrajput435Lvernon15KennadoCliffordcanSvensktigerAceLuffySaboHendrossBrokenBsnskaSaransh245Luke69696969 66 votes
No
54%
DL864GamerMarkjv81NMEONESVdh2008DalBotChadhoganWorld EaterADDIS0NJarekChriz4061Spity68SaiyanzuffyNanoDroidR_D_JrTerraandrade5184IrakliBajjsbwuqjw 107 votes
Best is Groot
12%
Haji_SaabbubbaXzoneBaseballguy711GluteusMaximusSud7Gamesbond90SolotrixFhfjghhggggjfhfjgWebby72LLStashGwenpoolManAJXRXspigwenderTimeGenesisRU11011DPXFistheGOATPkarli412EdeuinkfatalazyAomine_Daiki10 25 votes

Comments

• Options
    TheToxicCactusTheToxicCactus Posts: 368 ★★
    No
    Midnite93 said:

I feel Hyperion is better since you can use him everywhere Corvus can't be used for long fights

I’m on the same boat, but Hyperion isn’t very good for labyrinth due to limber but can deal with larger health pools better than corvus.
  • Options
    BobomanBoboman Posts: 716 ★★
    No
    Hype has the potential to stun luck and and high burst damage
  • Options
    ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    Yes
    At top 5 for sure.
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Yes

Midnite93 said:

I feel Hyperion is better since you can use him everywhere Corvus can't be used for long fights

This is a big Corvus misconception, he can be used for long fights as long as you play careful and defensive during his cool down.

Yeah, he works basically everywhere besides lol and rol I’d say, where there are much better options, but he still works there
  • Options
    Yes
    Got r5 Hyperion and corvus :D 5* duped botch
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    No

Everyone that points out Corvus' limitations as making him inferior to other options seems to also be ignoring that both Hyperion and Cap Marvel are severely gimped in fights with limber or stun immunity. I'd actually say, for that reason, he has less limitations. Really the only place Corvus isn't viable is Labyrinth, which neither of those other two are either. He's AW and AQ king, his ability to not die from DOT is invaluable, he has true strike where the others do not, the most reliable armor break, and he's amazing with suicides where Hyperion suffers.
    He's been a staple of my roster and my most used champ since getting him. I also have Cap Marvel R5 and Hyperion was my first R5 4* way back. I love all of them and they each have uses where they're the best option, but if I had to choose one..easily Corvus.

I agree since I do prefer using corvus over hype and CMM in aw as those are more pve friendly. Corvus is both good for pve and pvp and hands down has the most utility for this class. He counters more than 75% of matchups in aw. However hype takes the crown for his consistent damage which is why I personally choose him over corvus for questing. During limber/ stun immune fights is when you spam sp1 for that incinerate and watch that burn your victims. If your opponent has full debuff immunity, spam sp3s since this guy has the best power gain in the game. He has great base damage without any furies which is still better than corvus when he’s out of glaive charges. A really tough question but Corvus is not the absolute best cosmic out there but still top 5 material in all of mcoc.
  • Options
    No

Everyone that points out Corvus' limitations as making him inferior to other options seems to also be ignoring that both Hyperion and Cap Marvel are severely gimped in fights with limber or stun immunity. I'd actually say, for that reason, he has less limitations. Really the only place Corvus isn't viable is Labyrinth, which neither of those other two are either. He's AW and AQ king, his ability to not die from DOT is invaluable, he has true strike where the others do not, the most reliable armor break, and he's amazing with suicides where Hyperion suffers.
    He's been a staple of my roster and my most used champ since getting him. I also have Cap Marvel R5 and Hyperion was my first R5 4* way back. I love all of them and they each have uses where they're the best option, but if I had to choose one..easily Corvus.

I agree which is why I prefer using Corvus in aw rather than hype and CMM as they are more pve friendly. Corvus is great for both pve and pvp as he has by far the best utility in this class countering more than 75% of matchups in aw. However hype takes the crown due to his consistent damage overall. In stun immune/ limber fights, spam sp1 and watch your opponents burn away. In debuff immune fights spam sp3 since he has the best power gain in mcoc. Even without furies, the guy has great base damage better than corvus when he’s out of charges. The cosmic class is between corvus, CMM and hype and with that in mind I’d give the slight edge to Hyperion. Corvus is still top 5 material in all of mcoc which does not make him inferior in anyway.
  • Options
    Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    No
    Captain Marvel is the best cosmic champion imo. Her dps is superior to that of Corvus straight from the get go. Super easy to ramp up and only takes one fight. She can last much longer in long fights than Corvus (without the fight feeling miserable because you can’t land crits for 40 seconds), and she can usually end short fights faster. When awakened, she can tank fun and interactive damage (and not be stuck on 1% health).
  • Options
    RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    No
    Corvus is too reliant on suicides. For the average player Hyperion is much more invaluable
  • Options
    simolazsimolaz Posts: 418 ★★
    No
    Hyperion is better. There is no contest.

And at the moment also Cull Obsidian is better: faster and easier charging process, damage don’t disappear after 20 hits (more useful in long fights) and also “quick damage” can be better (supershort fights) if you use the Rout buff. Not to mention the possibility to “stun the unstunnables”. Clearly, his value depends on if/how Kabam is going to rework him.
  • Options
    simolazsimolaz Posts: 418 ★★
    edited December 2019
    No

Hyperion can be used effectively also on stun immune nodes.
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Yes
    Having r2 Corvus r5 cmm and r5 hype I can confidently say (for my position at least) Corvus is the best
  • Options
    Yes
    Corvusa needs suicides? He worth that masterys?
  • Options
    spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    MiStaLova said:

I wouldn’t say he “needs” it, but it sure does make him a lot better. I run suicides during war off-season and he gets pretty crazy with them. He’s absolutely worth investing in the mastery.

• Options
    RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    No
    MiStaLova said:

Needs them like we need water. My R4 5* Corvus without suicides barely finishes 80k fights with charges