URGENT!!!!Emma frost and colossus taking incinerate damage

LukemLukem Member Posts: 25
edited December 2019 in Bugs and Known Issues
In the new weekly quest hall of heroes, I have just completed the 3rd chapter.. although it cost me a lot more than it should have, in both units and revives due to the bug causing colossus and emma to take incinerate damage even
I have recorded the game footage but as I can only send photos I have added stills from the videos. These are just multiple images from the only 2 fights I recorded so you can see just how much it is happening in each fight.

Comments

• GamerGamer Member Posts: 10,701 ★★★★★
    That’s danmged that passive danmged from he’s abtily.
  • ege999menege999men Member Posts: 291 ★★
    Gamer said:

No massacre has no defensive damage
  • Dr_Z01dbergDr_Z01dberg Member Posts: 512 ★★★
    ege999men said:

Gamer said:

No massacre has no defensive damage
    Yes he does. If incinerate damage fails to apply due to immunities
  • nOuxnOux Member Posts: 522 ★★★
    Its working as intended.

• CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Member Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    I wouldn’t say it’s intended since the prerequisite of Masacre’s bat being ignited has not been met. Least it’s only one fight and we’re not likely to see the node combo again.

I wouldn’t say it’s intended since the prerequisite of Masacre’s bat being ignited has not been met. Least it’s only one fight and we’re not likely to see the node combo again.

It does not say anything about bat being ignited in description when it describes about failing to apply incinerate. That’s different paragraph, it only mentions incinerate failing to apply not “incinerate from Bat failing to apply.”

It clearly says “each time incinerate EFFECT fails to apply” that means passives and debuffs, while bat can only apply incinerate debuff, so It clearly says that applies to all incinerate effects from Bat and from other sources.

nOux said:

It clearly says “each time incinerate EFFECT fails to apply” that means passives and debuffs, while bat can only apply incinerate debuff, so It clearly says that applies to all incinerate effects from Bat and from other sources.

Yes it certainly does under “ignited”, this denotes when Masacre has ignited his bat; which he has not in any evidence provided.

nOux said:

Yes it certainly does under “ignited”, this denotes when Masacre has ignited his bat; which he has not in any evidence provided.
    It would be your truth if it would say “each time incinerate DEBUFF fails to apply” but it says EFFECT. That means from all EFFECTS debuffs and passives. ( u probably know the difference between passive and debuff effects)

After describing about bat incinerate debuffs next paragraph says “ These incinerate debuffs have their duration increased...” it clearly mentions bat incinerate debuffs, while failing to apply effects it could be from bat debuffs or other sources passive effects.
    It does not say “Each time these incinerate debuffs fails to apply...”
    edited December 2019

nOux said:

It's only there, because it needs to be somewhere, right? The wording does absolutely hint at this being an intended interaction as nOux pointed out.
    Not in the least, if an ability does not require something else to be in place then it's listed under a separate category. That’s just argumentatively ridiculous.

The wording is clear, when ignited if Masacre fails to apply an incinerate effect due to an immunity he instead does x energy damage.

This would be like saying he should gain power when striking a block as if landing a hit absent being Ignited.

So tell me, does he gain power when striking a block if he is not ignited?
    edited December 2019
    @CoatHang3r so running by your logic IMIW + Aggression armor node autoblock should not work as well?
    Its under same skill description that he gets armor ups by getting hit and after getting 4 autoblocks. So anything outside his armors should not work right?
    nOux said:

nOux said:

It would be your truth if it would say “each time incinerate DEBUFF fails to apply” but it says EFFECT. That means from all EFFECTS debuffs and passives. ( u probably know the difference between passive and debuff effects)

After describing about bat incinerate debuffs next paragraph says “ These incinerate debuffs have their duration increased...” it clearly mentions bat incinerate debuffs, while failing to apply effects it could be from bat debuffs or other sources passive effects.
    It does not say “Each time these incinerate debuffs fails to apply...”
    Again, this is under the category of Ignited. Go ahead an keep ignoring the prerequisite Category the ability is placed in; which has not been met.
    nOux said:

@CoatHang3r so running by your logic IMIW + Aggression armor node autoblock should not work as well?

Whut? It clearly states 4 stacks on any armor effect. (You do play this game right?)

nOux said:

Whut? It clearly states 4 stacks on any armor effect. (You do play this game right?)
    Let me copy your answer just i will change from ignited to armor.

Again, this is under the category of Armor. Go ahead an keep ignoring the prerequisite Category the ability is placed in; which has not been met.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Member Posts: 13,933 ★★★★★
    Taking that ability he gains when bat is ignited aside, he deals energy damage when striking the opponent, even if when not ignited. That is another one of his abilities
    edited December 2019
    nOux said:

nOux said:

Again, this is under the category of Armor. Go ahead an keep ignoring the prerequisite Category the ability is placed in; which has not been met.
    So rubber and glue, ffs... Ironman’s molecular armor gives him the ability to use any armor effect for his abilities. Masacre when ignited has the ability to do direct damage in lieu of incinerating an immune target; His bat is not in the ignited state. Are you practicing rocket surgery?

You can’t just take abilities out of context.

*Well maybe we should. “My MaSACrE DoSEn’t gain 15146 attack when striking a block.” See it says it right there, in a red box no less.

nOux said:

nOux said:

So rubber and glue, ffs... Ironman’s molecular armor gives him the ability to use any armor effect for his abilities. Masacre when ignited has the ability to do direct damage in lieu of incinerating an immune target; His bat is not in the ignited state. Are you practicing rocket surgery?

The funniest part is that u are taking out of context when it says clear as a day. Bat places incinerate debuff. While it says fail to apply effect, not debuff. If it would only apply to bat incinerate debuff it would say debuff. It does not require interpretation when it says as clear as this.
    nOux said:

nOux said:

nOux said:

The funniest part is that u are taking out of context when it says clear as a day. Bat places incinerate debuff. While it says fail to apply effect, not debuff. If it would only apply to bat incinerate debuff it would say debuff. It does not require interpretation when it says as clear as this.
    Red box argument. Masacre isn’t gaining power nor increased attack when striking a block.

nOux said:

nOux said:

*Well maybe we should. “My MaSACrE DoSEn’t gain 15146 attack when striking a block.” See it says it right there, in a red box no less.

Now you are just grasping for straws. Its just getting sad at this point
    nOux said:

nOux said:

nOux said:

Now you are just grasping for straws. Its just getting sad at this point
    Wait he’s also not incinerating opponents with each bat hit.

It’s like I’m completely ignoring a condition that hasn’t been met.
    Simple question for you. Why it says effect, while everywhere else it says debuff?
    nOux said:

Simple question for you. Why it says effect, while everywhere else it says debuff?

This has nothing to do with why Masacre isn’t placing incinerates with each bat hit and gaining power (and ridiculous attack) while striking a block.

nOux said:

This has nothing to do with why Masacre isn’t placing incinerates with each bat hit and gaining power (and ridiculous attack) while striking a block.
    U did not answer my question.
    nOux said:

nOux said:

No, I do not have the current price of tea in China.

Mine now.

So basically what you are trying to say that Kabam made a bug not only in mechanic but in wording as well?
    edited December 2019

nOux said:

nOux said:

No, I do not have the current price of tea in China.

Mine now.

That basically sums up the whole conversation at this point. It just shows how flawed your reasoning is, when you have no answer u just start saying random stuff that does not make any sense just to make yourself feel that u are right in this conversation.

nOux said:

So basically what you are trying to say that Kabam made a bug not only in mechanic but in wording as well?

Are you going to tell me why my Masacre is not placing incinerates witch each bat hit, not gaining power while hitting into block and also not getting ridiculous attack when blocked?

It says he does all that right here in these red boxes. *I made your argument the green box.

I love how you ignoring difference between incinerate debuff and incinerate effect. What ever makes u feel better.
    Btw u still did not answer my question why it says effect and everywhere else debuff.
    nOux said:

I love how you ignoring difference between incinerate debuff and incinerate effect. What ever makes u feel better.

The wording has nothing to do with why Masacre is/isn’t doing these things in the boxes. It’s a non sequitur.

LMK when you can tell me why my Masacre is not placing incinerates with each bat hit, not gaining power while hitting into block and also not getting ridiculous attack when blocked; just like in your green box.

This discussion has been closed.