**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

ME AND MY VOID

CaptainPollCaptainPoll Posts: 901 ★★★
edited December 2019 in General Discussion
So, as u all must be remmebering tht we got a 4str ag frm frm summoner appreciation, i was very excited to use it. So i saw seatins tier list and blindly went for void and r4ed him

Thn i used him in act 4 and found hin literally useless ( maybe bcz of ignorance) , i found his debuffs too passive, never activating whn required, for example on an evade champ he would activate slow at last
So frustated, i sold him( which i should nt have)
but the story doesnt end here, i recievrd him as a 5* ( whose is still r1) and thn pulled and awakened another void frm
4* crystal

Now i think my destiny is entwined with void

As of now i am on act5, so can anybody tell me why void is loved so much all over the community and how to use him?

Comments

• Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    How to use him: easy, spam sp1
    He’s loved because of his unique utility, he’s one of few champs who can deal significant damage without making content, but it’s mostly that petrify significantly reversing regeneration and power gain, he needs a dupe and high sig to get to full potential thiugh
  • Options
    DPXFistheGOATDPXFistheGOAT Posts: 727 ★★★
    He is a very slow and methodical champion. My best advise is to use him for longer fights (especially in those that punish landing too many hits like Power Gain), dash back and parry often, and max out Despair.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I soloed LOL X-23 with a 4* Void. He is amazing for some fights.
  • Options
    Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    Void is still one of my more frequently used champs
  • Options

As of now i am on act5, so can anybody tell me why void is loved so much all over the community and how to use him?

It is hard to say specifically why "the community" loves Void: some of the reasons I've heard I agree with, some I don't, and I don't know what the consensus really is these days.

But I can say why I like him in general:

1. Historically, when Void first came out he was one of the few champs that could deal with super high regen champs through heal reversal. He could also power control with power gain reversal, although this was less often highlighted. Even today, this is still often the primary thing people talk about.

2. He's very good in situations where the opponent AI is very defensive. The more defensive the AI, the more Void can just stand there and build up debuffs. Using Void is a bit turning the tables on problematic turtle AI. Often, the AI forces you to attack at a disadvantage while it doesn't have to attack: with Void the opposite is true: the computer must attack you, or Void will just melt them. This can be very satisfying.

3. He's incinerate immune. When he first came out, no one cared. But when champs like Human Torch came out and nodes like Freezer Burn were created, incineration immunity became suddenly much more valuable. I got two benefits out of this: first when HT arrived I could fight him relatively safely without being incinerated to death. And second, because I wasn't being incinerated to death with every mistake I could practice fighting HT much more easily, so that after that month's UC I could evade HT very well, because Void let me practice essentially with training wheels on.

4. He has a long-reach heavy. This is probably his most undersold strength. There are many situations where you need to use heavy attacks - against autoblocking champs, against Aegis, etc. Sometimes this is easy: parry, stun, heavy. Sometimes it is not. Some heavy attacks are problematic: they have very short range; if the opponent dashes back or isn't at just the right distance your heavy will miss. But some heavies have very long range: Void's heavy has him leaping forward and executing several strikes. Even if you misjudge distance Void's heavy can often connect with a target, and can even often chase a retreating target.

So while most people wouldn't think of Void as being a counter to, say, MODOK, I often use Void to take him down because he's an interesting outside the box counter. He can deal damage passively without attacking, so autoblock isn't as much of a problem. And when you attack you can use heavies, which are easier with Void than with the average champion.
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

It is hard to say specifically why "the community" loves Void: some of the reasons I've heard I agree with, some I don't, and I don't know what the consensus really is these days.

But I can say why I like him in general:

1. Historically, when Void first came out he was one of the few champs that could deal with super high regen champs through heal reversal. He could also power control with power gain reversal, although this was less often highlighted. Even today, this is still often the primary thing people talk about.

2. He's very good in situations where the opponent AI is very defensive. The more defensive the AI, the more Void can just stand there and build up debuffs. Using Void is a bit turning the tables on problematic turtle AI. Often, the AI forces you to attack at a disadvantage while it doesn't have to attack: with Void the opposite is true: the computer must attack you, or Void will just melt them. This can be very satisfying.

3. He's incinerate immune. When he first came out, no one cared. But when champs like Human Torch came out and nodes like Freezer Burn were created, incineration immunity became suddenly much more valuable. I got two benefits out of this: first when HT arrived I could fight him relatively safely without being incinerated to death. And second, because I wasn't being incinerated to death with every mistake I could practice fighting HT much more easily, so that after that month's UC I could evade HT very well, because Void let me practice essentially with training wheels on.

4. He has a long-reach heavy. This is probably his most undersold strength. There are many situations where you need to use heavy attacks - against autoblocking champs, against Aegis, etc. Sometimes this is easy: parry, stun, heavy. Sometimes it is not. Some heavy attacks are problematic: they have very short range; if the opponent dashes back or isn't at just the right distance your heavy will miss. But some heavies have very long range: Void's heavy has him leaping forward and executing several strikes. Even if you misjudge distance Void's heavy can often connect with a target, and can even often chase a retreating target.

So while most people wouldn't think of Void as being a counter to, say, MODOK, I often use Void to take him down because he's an interesting outside the box counter. He can deal damage passively without attacking, so autoblock isn't as much of a problem. And when you attack you can use heavies, which are easier with Void than with the average champion.
    Awsome analysis thnx a lot bro, now i guess i should upgrade him
  • Options
    And yea does he have any specific utility in act5 _
  • Options
    Gr8