**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Expansion of the "The Contest's Greatest Fighters?"

UnleashingChaosUnleashingChaos Posts: 244 ★★
edited January 2020 in Suggestions and Requests
There have been many great champions added last year so is there any plans on adding a few of these characters onto The Champion's ability? These would be champs like Captain Marvel Movie, Sunspot, Doctor Doom, etc. It could even make him a better defender (and attacker in some cases)

Comments

• The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    I actually thought the same thing when I saw him earlier in the halls of heroes quest then changed my mind when I saw 3/5 of my team were on his list.
    Thank God for cap IW.

If they did update the list they'd have to leave 6.2 boss as he currently is
  • ECOMAECOMA Posts: 328 ★★
    The_One said:

I actually thought the same thing when I saw him earlier in the halls of heroes quest then changed my mind when I saw 3/5 of my team were on his list.
    Thank God for cap IW.

No they wouldnt the spidergwen unblockable 1 in collector chapter changed her special so that node matters now
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    6.2 every champ is a champ of the universe.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,753 ★★★★★
    Apart from the wording of the ability, it doesn't make sense to change it. He has an ability that works against champion X, champion Y, Z and other's.
    And honestly it should stay like that. Otherwise it would be a champion with inconsistent abilities that can change anytime, and that's something player's don't want to happen

The_One said:

Thank God for cap IW.

The 6.2 champion boss actually includes every one of your champs to be included.
    Ah ok. Haven't quite got that far yet.
    I'm only at 6.2.4

Apart from the wording of the ability, it doesn't make sense to change it. He has an ability that works against champion X, champion Y, Z and other's.
    And honestly it should stay like that. Otherwise it would be a champion with inconsistent abilities that can change anytime, and that's something player's don't want to happen

So with the roster expanding he would just have the same amount of champs he works best against? Both Blade and Ghost Rider have their number of villians growing.
    Haha trump card if abilities like this csnt change with the times the villian and hero tags have to die.

Wait chanpion aegon have a size tag synergy if I recall.

All these tags allow for changes.

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,753 ★★★★★

So with the roster expanding he would just have the same amount of champs he works best against? Both Blade and Ghost Rider have their number of villians growing.
    A synergy like that one doesn't change. There will just be more scenarios where it works. Changing an ability of a champion really is completely different.

Is like for example, replace Ghost Rider bleed immunity for incinerate immunity. Or instead of Ghost gaining fury buffs and passives she gains armor up's. The list of examples is infinite, you can get the idea

A synergy like that one doesn't change. There will just be more scenarios where it works. Changing an ability of a champion really is completely different.

Is like for example, replace Ghost Rider bleed immunity for incinerate immunity. Or instead of Ghost gaining fury buffs and passives she gains armor up's. The list of examples is infinite, you can get the idea
    Make the ability
    Gains (I dont really know what he gains off hand against) #gods(the tag is irrelvant)
    Then add that tag as they see fit. Simple

ECOMA said:

The_One said:

Thank God for cap IW.

No they wouldnt the spidergwen unblockable 1 in collector chapter changed her special so that node matters now
    When you get to 6.2.6 champion, come back here to tell us how wrong you are.
    I already beat it.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    I think this proves how badly designed he is. Iceman is a greatest fighter, while Namor, Domino and Omega Red are not.

They should have made the greatest fighter a tag and update the roster with such tag based on their data and expert review.

Remember: The Champion is meant to push people using other champions than beyond god tier.
  • WoogieboogieWoogieboogie Posts: 340 ★★

There have been many great champions added last year so is there any plans on adding a few of these characters onto The Champion's ability? These would be champs like Captain Marvel Movie, Sunspot, Doctor Doom, etc. It could even make him a better defender (and attacker in some cases)

Was thinking the same thing while playing him today.
  • Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 818 ★★★★
    I've actually been saying this from the beginning. The contest grows and evolves, so too will "the greatest fighters". Since his introduction I've been saying that I think Kabam should regularly update this list in order to keep him relevant.

To have it be an actual tag though? That's genius, that way Kabam can just adjust characters by adding and removing the tag, and The Champion interacts with the tag, not the actual character, so whoever has it, triggers his abilities. This would honestly keep pushing Meta to change.

As for how the tag gets applied. Community vote - every three or six months, community votes on the top two champions of each class. The winners get given the tag. Just spit-balling.

I've actually been saying this from the beginning. The contest grows and evolves, so too will "the greatest fighters". Since his introduction I've been saying that I think Kabam should regularly update this list in order to keep him relevant.

To have it be an actual tag though? That's genius, that way Kabam can just adjust characters by adding and removing the tag, and The Champion interacts with the tag, not the actual character, so whoever has it, triggers his abilities. This would honestly keep pushing Meta to change.

As for how the tag gets applied. Community vote - every three or six months, community votes on the top two champions of each class. The winners get given the tag. Just spit-balling.

No one's going to vote for their favourite most op champ to be given the tag though
    The_One said:

No one's going to vote for their favourite most op champ to be given the tag though
    I dont support the vote method maybe most used top 2 from each class