**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Alliance Help

lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
Hey guys! I was wondering if I should join this new alliance I’m kinda indecisive about it

Comments

• Options
    ECOMAECOMA Posts: 328 ★★
    No always look for the best allaince you can get into.
    An 8 man allaince just won't help you much in the big picture aq and aw and the likez
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I agree with Ecoma. The best thing you can do is find an active alliance with 30 members who run three battlegroups for AQ and AW. Ideally an AQ map that's a little harder than you are comfortable with.
  • Options
    lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    How is my current alliance Demolition (Dmltn)
  • Options
    Only you can answer how good your current alliance is

And to the contrary, if nobody should ever join brand new alliances, well then they should just not allow new alliances to be made. Everyone seems to think you should only join ally's that are above your own strength, but then many of those existing ppl will often times resent lower level people from coming in and mooching on their work.

There is a whole 2 weeks before next AW Season will start again, the perfect time for people to make new alliances. And if you are in the same boat as others (relatively new) then it's not as if you’d be able to help out in high map-5 alliances anyways.

Good luck in what only you can decide to do with your own account.
  • Options
    NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    It really depends in your goals. If u want to be really active and competitive then u want to find an alliance running AQ/AW all the time. It boils down to what your goals are in the alliance. Some ppl enjoy going into an alliance with 8 members because u are there at the beginning and can help shape the alliance and grow with it and the members. Some ppl just want the max rewards possible from an alliance. Other ppl want to have fun communicating all the time with their alliance mates. Some ppl enjoy not doing war and only worrying about AQ. U need to decide what u want and then u can find what your looking for. Just be upfront with the alliance about your goals. That way u won't be in for any surprises.
  • Options
    @SummonerNR I wouldn't say no one should join a new alliance. I would say no one who is trying to grow their account should join a new alliance unless they want the long way. Also newer players shouldn't start alliances lol
  • Options
    NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    @LeNoirFaineant i disagree. About 2 years ago i started a new alliance. We all were about the same rating and grew together. About 3/4 of us are still together today. We know what to expect from each other and its worked out great
  • Options
    Neotwism said:

@LeNoirFaineant i disagree. About 2 years ago i started a new alliance. We all were about the same rating and grew together. About 3/4 of us are still together today. We know what to expect from each other and its worked out great

That's pretty cool. I can definitely see how that would be a good gaming experience. I still think that as a general rule newer players are better off not trying to start an alliance as it usually doesn't work and they slow down their progression.