**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Science 5* to rank 4

W4rdy_74W4rdy_74 Posts: 55
edited January 2020 in Strategy and Tips
Got 3 in mind. Quake cant really get to grips with her.

Thing no synergies.

Spidergwen.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    donaldmousedonaldmouse Posts: 16
    Thing is good without the synergies but if u get good with quake go for her
  • Options
    spider Gwen is not worth a rank 4 imo unless u like playing with her or have a large roster
  • Options
    HendrossHendross Posts: 943 ★★★
    edited January 2020
    Quake, even with a basic parry-heavy strategy she's very useful. Watch Dave's vid. she's worth the learning curve. She got me cavalier at r4.
  • Options
    spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    I have quake and spider Gwen both at 5/65. Both are terrific champs. But i would probably do Thing if I had him.
  • Options
    AlexAvalonAlexAvalon Posts: 655 ★★★
    Quake
  • Options
    MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★

spider Gwen is not worth a rank 4 imo unless u like playing with her or have a large roster

I have her at rank 5 and believe me when I say she is absolutely worth it. Out of the 8 R5s I have she’s easily one of my best ones, she covers a lot of ground and has a lot of utility/damage to offer. She’s a fantastic counter to a lot of annoying defenders and she does hit quite hard, I get 8k crits with her at r5 on mediums for example. SP2 can hit up to 50k on a crit and her SP3 adds a lot of extra direct damage on every attack. If you can land a SP2 before hunter spider expires it’s devastating. With her enervate you can heavy spam in the corner which reapplies her slow debuff constantly and crits for 20k. They don’t gain power so you can chain plenty together. My highest is 9 in a row I think, the damage she did in those hits was very impressive. Slow counters all types of evade and unstoppable, whether it be from a node, a buff or a passive ability. I love using it against rhino since she can can safely intercept him, doesn’t need to worry about thing’s rock stacks either since she can just ignore his unstoppable altogether. Slow also allows her to ignore unusual types of evade such as astral evade. If slow is active, Gwen can safely attack a stunned mordo. Her constant enervate allows her to deal with power gain champs/nodes easily, her SP2 can reverse healing, stun and power lock the opponent with a high enough signature ability too. On top of all that, she’s extremely good at fighting anything with unblockable specials. Her evade is guaranteed on 3 spider sense charges (you get one every time you use SP1, get hit 5 times or nullify a true strike buff). I like to use her against doom, he activates his aura on SP1 making the attack unblockable, all I have to do with Gwen is let go of the screen. She’ll evade it for me easily. Extremely useful for anything that’s hard to dodge. In my opinion, she’s one of the top science champions, I have Cap IW at 5/65 sig 200 and whilst he is very useful I find myself using Gwen far more often. Can’t recommend her enough, with or without her signature ability.
  • Options
    spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★

I have her at rank 5 and believe me when I say she is absolutely worth it. Out of the 8 R5s I have she’s easily one of my best ones, she covers a lot of ground and has a lot of utility/damage to offer. She’s a fantastic counter to a lot of annoying defenders and she does hit quite hard, I get 8k crits with her at r5 on mediums for example. SP2 can hit up to 50k on a crit and her SP3 adds a lot of extra direct damage on every attack. If you can land a SP2 before hunter spider expires it’s devastating. With her enervate you can heavy spam in the corner which reapplies her slow debuff constantly and crits for 20k. They don’t gain power so you can chain plenty together. My highest is 9 in a row I think, the damage she did in those hits was very impressive. Slow counters all types of evade and unstoppable, whether it be from a node, a buff or a passive ability. I love using it against rhino since she can can safely intercept him, doesn’t need to worry about thing’s rock stacks either since she can just ignore his unstoppable altogether. Slow also allows her to ignore unusual types of evade such as astral evade. If slow is active, Gwen can safely attack a stunned mordo. Her constant enervate allows her to deal with power gain champs/nodes easily, her SP2 can reverse healing, stun and power lock the opponent with a high enough signature ability too. On top of all that, she’s extremely good at fighting anything with unblockable specials. Her evade is guaranteed on 3 spider sense charges (you get one every time you use SP1, get hit 5 times or nullify a true strike buff). I like to use her against doom, he activates his aura on SP1 making the attack unblockable, all I have to do with Gwen is let go of the screen. She’ll evade it for me easily. Extremely useful for anything that’s hard to dodge. In my opinion, she’s one of the top science champions, I have Cap IW at 5/65 sig 200 and whilst he is very useful I find myself using Gwen far more often. Can’t recommend her enough, with or without her signature ability.
    Thank you for having the words I didn’t. I recently took mine to 5/65 and have been enjoying using her, but you threw some ideas in there I hadn’t considered yet!

• Options
    ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    Thing or Quake. Thing is easier to play but Quake is god tier if u can familiar with her play style.
  • Options
    Oh, I don’t see that much spider Gwen gameplay so I wouldn’t know that much but from ur description she seems really good
  • Options
    BadroseBadrose Posts: 779 ★★★

People thinks Spider Gwen is still the old useless character it was, but hey, you are all wrong. As MegaSkater67 explained, she's not only good, she's more than excellent.

But I understand, just like many of you I didn't pay attention at her new abilties... I was "forced" to rank Gwen to 5/65 because of many science "Variant Gems", then only after I discovered how useful she was/is. Probably only Void has better utilities in the science class. Try your 3* or 4* first, learn how to use her and rank your 5* Gwen straight to rank 5 with no regrets.
  • Options
    W4rdy_74W4rdy_74 Posts: 55
    Thanks all
  • Options
    HotFondue1520HotFondue1520 Posts: 157

Wow... I found your post very inciteful. I have CapIW 5/65 max sig and I use him for mostly everything lol. He's my favorite champ outa any class for sure. It's nice to read up on someone going against the community and offering up a different choice. After reading your explanation on her abilities and her use, I might take mine to rank 4 and play around with her, see if she lives upto the hype.

Really great post bud!!!