**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Squirrel Store has motivated me to become Uncollected, but that's not what I want to talk about

If you don't want to read the story, you can jump to "Next Milestone/Goal";

I'm just an F2P with average skill but today I did what is impossible for the past few months. My account started at the end of endgame event. I have beaten Act 4 long ago and went straight into act 5. Beat every single sub-chapter with ease until I meet Bane. Bane is really the bane of my MCOC career. After act 4. I find getting 5*s relatively easy since I am able to beat Master EQ every months and pop at most 2 crystals. Currently, I am level 50 player with ten 5*s in which i can tell that out of all, only one is usable, Spider-Gwen (Yeah, my MVP for Collector fight).

NEXT GOAL;
Goals have always been the reason why I stick to this game. The challenge it offer satisfy my gaming need in a way I could not explain. Of course I am going to explore act 4 at the time being. But my question is, what's next? Next in this context is the chapter that I should complete. Should I go straight to act 5.4 (I've heard somewhere that after 5.2 it's 'relatively' easier) or take it step by step (finish act 4, then explore act 5.2). If you read earlier part, you know my 5* roster is small at the moment, which is why I pushed to be Uncollected for more shards (or GMC if i were to get 5*s lol). Not planning to do cavalier (hell, I only have 4*s atm) and not gonna do LoL either.

PS; If you're wondering, my team was Aegon, Star-lord, Domino and Corvus Glaive (all 4* r5 50/50) and 5* Spider-Gwen r3. Took me 300 units as I was struggling with Spider-Gwen miniboss (and Yondu... yeah im sucks). Mastery setup was nothing much as I was a crystal addict (no pun intended) and I also used 30% champ boost and 25% health boost.

Comments

• H3ri0PH3ri0P Posts: 24
    I might be wrong about 5.3 n 5.4 being easier.
  • Oliverb1980Oliverb1980 Posts: 99
    5.4 is easier than 5.3 just because you're free to use the best champs suited for the match up. Unlike 5.3 where there's a penalty applied if you're fighting with the wrong class
  • H3ri0PH3ri0P Posts: 24

5.4 is easier than 5.3 just because you're free to use the best champs suited for the match up. Unlike 5.3 where there's a penalty applied if you're fighting with the wrong class

ahhh then i must be seeing things. thanks for the explanation
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    I didn’t do 5.3 for the longest time just because I didn’t really have any good mystics or techs that would get me through the first 2 quests, so I just stuck to UC and master EQ until I got a diverse enough roster, then I ended up steamrolling it. I would do RttL and RoL if you haven’t, it should be relatively easy; just look online what fights are what for RttL
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    You got what's most important: uncollected. I would focus on building that 4*/5* roster. Explore act 4 in the mean time. Get your mastery set-up in order. You can do 5.3 with less units than today.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,053 ★★★★★
    So getting uncollected unlocked squirrel store uncollected offers for you, right? My second account has 5.1 completed, but I didn't bother with 5.2, as all my champs are 4/40 or 2/35, so taking collector down would be even more difficult for me than the first time, as I don't have any good champs except 5* lc and bishop. But I do have some resources saved
  • i think its a bit unfair to people who are unable to power through act 5 cant get the full awards of the event, i can easily get through master every month but act 5 is something different im my opinion and i think restraining rewards from an event based on base game is extreamly unfair to people as getting the awakening crystal could potentially be the reason i eventually get through act 5
  • LibralonixLibralonix Posts: 229
    Having recently finished exploring act 5 myself, I'd definitely suggest doing 5.4, 5.3 and leave 5.2 full exploration for last, as the collector fight is just a slog of reviving and units. In my opinion the rewards for full exploration of 5.3 and 5.4 exceed 5.2, especially considering how many extra resources you will need to 100% 5.2
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    Complete act 5 then explore backwards (5.4 first) as the rewards are much better for similar difficulty.

Bane is easy if you follow a simple rule and have a little patience. I’ll type it out when I have more time.
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    @Scuba_Sbeve If you can't complete the harder content yet why should you get the top rewards in the game? There are more champs than ever to handle the Collector. You have a month to try beating him. That will open up the possibility of getting the awakening gem. I would concentrate on trying to get Uncollected as soon as possible. Every player before you has been In the same spot you are right now. It sucks not getting the best rewards. But u should use that as motivation to getting better so u can earn better rewards. It means more when u earn something over it being handed to you for nothing
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

i think its a bit unfair to people who are unable to power through act 5 cant get the full awards of the event, i can easily get through master every month but act 5 is something different im my opinion and i think restraining rewards from an event based on base game is extreamly unfair to people as getting the awakening crystal could potentially be the reason i eventually get through act 5

Act 5 is something different: that's very deliberate, and in fact Kabam discussed back when the Collector was added to the game that the whole purpose of Uncollected status was to essentially add more progress tiers above max level that were based on specific achievement and not just a leveling number. So Act 5 is a significant jump upwards in difficulty and the Collector fight is a very special fight designed to gate higher progress in the game. Uncollected players get higher rewards specifically because they've entered that phase of the game. Without the Collector fight, those rewards wouldn't exist at all (at least not in the way they do). Cavalier status is the next step higher, and it is also a quantum leap higher in difficulty. At some point in the future, there will be something even higher than Cavalier which will be even harder than 6.1 (and for that matter, Act 6 up to now).

You generally have two choices in this game when it comes to difficulty: you can try to tackle the hardest difficulty you can enter, or you can spend time accumulating resources doing easier content while building strength to do higher difficulty with a much stronger roster. However, the difficulty tiers place limits on how much you can avoid higher difficulty with just extra playing time. Beyond a certain point you need to get past that progress gate and enter a higher part of the game. That's not unfair, that is simply the reward the game gives to players who achieve higher levels of difficulty in the game.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,904 ★★★★★
    edited January 2020
    This event has motivated me to become un-cavalier lol
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    Lmao I still haven’t explored act 4