**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Man-Thing: Lucky or Unlucky?

I don't know much about him. What do you guys say?

Comments

• MoNsTeR_804MoNsTeR_804 Posts: 726 ★★★
    edited January 2020
    I mean, he's ok. Pretty ok champ. Like he's a low demi-god champ. Not the best but not the worse either. He's got some utility like Poison, Armor Break and Nullify but he isn't the absolute best at all of them. His poisons can be quite good and effective if you can play him well. Sadly the one downside of him is that his block proficiency SUCKS. Like try not to parry or block half the time or you well get demolished. But he's tanky and his healthpool is big so that's good.

Overall, an OK champion. Can get your through some content but he's not a god or beast or anything special but he gets the job done.
  • awesomesauceawesomesauce Posts: 774 ★★★
    He's the counter for that mysterio in 6.3
  • He's the counter for that mysterio in 6.3

Could you say why he counter that Mysterio?
  • MaxtheSilentMaxtheSilent Posts: 762 ★★★
    MD is a must have mastery for him. With that at a decent level as long as the opponent can be poisoned then he can be a really fun and solid champ. If the opponent has a lot of buffs even better. The biggest drawback is all of those qualifiers I just mentioned. If you don't use MD and/or if the opponent is poison immune then your damage is limited. The other key thing is his agitation. It increases attack and your likelihood to nullify buffs. This works great on either villians with the GR synergy or if you do a lot of mediums on buff heavy opponents. Again, more qualifiers. I guess that's the gist is in the right matchup he's good to great but he's niche to be sure. Still depending on your roster he's either an ok or good pull to have.
  • awesomesauceawesomesauce Posts: 774 ★★★

He's the counter for that mysterio in 6.3

Mysterio in 6.3 needs to be poisoned to do really any real damage on him.
    However, mysterio can only be poisoned when his helmet is cracked. (Armor break)
    There's only a couple of counters for this node and man-thing is one of them.

Check out Contest Champion Brian Grant YouTube. Dude loves man-thing and r5d him. Definitely showcased a valid argument that a lot of people are sleeping on this dude.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    My buddy loves playing him. Took him up to r4 almost immediately. Idk much about him tho
  • WhathappenedWhathappened Posts: 747 ★★★
    I'm still learning him, still have a lot more to learn too. He's fun. Decent damage and like most mystics he likes buffs but not needed compared to most, he applies his own. Wish his regen from his sig was just a little bit bigger. Not a bad pull but not like Dr. Doom. I think you'll be glad you have him for certain fights and nodes. Good luck.
  • He's the counter for that mysterio in 6.3

Mysterio in 6.3 needs to be poisoned to do really any real damage on him.
    However, mysterio can only be poisoned when his helmet is cracked. (Armor break)
    There's only a couple of counters for this node and man-thing is one of them.

Check out Contest Champion Brian Grant YouTube. Dude loves man-thing and r5d him. Definitely showcased a valid argument that a lot of people are sleeping on this dude.
    Thanks for the information
  • KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    Very clunky