**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Legends run on Galaxy S9+?

im thinking of doing legends run, i have the right champions at 5/65 and the boosts i think i would need (30% champion boosts & 20% attack boost) but i have a Samsung Galaxy S9+, is there a chance for me to actually make it?

Comments

• Options
    UnnecessaryJB1UnnecessaryJB1 Posts: 202
    I tried once on Xperia xz3, fully boosts,suicides r5 cg, I’ll tell you it was pointless I did my runs in over 3:40, it was way too long, it wasn’t bad at start, fights were loading extremely fast,after an hr tho wasn’t that nice, after 3 hrs it was nightmare, up to you , now I’m using iOS it’s way better for longer runs, I’ll try again , maybe March, don’t bother much about, just want to say it’s pointless on Android, checked it myself
  • Options
    ChriissRChriissR Posts: 651 ★★★★
    Zimflam said:

im thinking of doing legends run, i have the right champions at 5/65 and the boosts i think i would need (30% champion boosts & 20% attack boost) but i have a Samsung Galaxy S9+, is there a chance for me to actually make it?

Either you use one of the newest iPhones or iPads or else don't even bother attempting. It's the sad truth
  • Options
    10or_Strong10or_Strong Posts: 1,196 ★★★
    I did a run a while back on my Galaxy S10+, finished around 3:30. Nowhere near fast enough, sadly. I wouldn't hold my breath on a Samsung...I keep toying with trying again, but just haven't heard of any successful Samsung runs on even the newest devices.
  • Options
    ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    edited January 2020
    I've only ever heard no haha. It's sad because I prefer Android and don't want to buy an iPhone just for this. Guess I'll never be a cool legend lol
  • Options
    PintzzPintzz Posts: 297 ★★
    From experience I don’t find it possible to do. I was on the s10+ 512GB edition with 12GB of ram and tried a few times and it was way to slow. The load times are about 5 times slower on android. I switch to iPhone recently to and iPhone XS Max and did my legends runs without Corvus/ghost and did it my first try.
    Load time’s are about .5 seconds on iPhone where android anywhere from 4-7 seconds.
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,283 ★★★★★
    I wonder what the people talking about Android and specifically Samsung new flagship devices being so slow and taking forever to load have running in the background. In my contemporaneous testing, the S10 was just as fast loading as the 8Plus and XS Max. I've since moved to the 11PM and I haven't noticed it being particularly speedy compared to the S10 it replaced.
  • Options
    10or_Strong10or_Strong Posts: 1,196 ★★★
    I have very little running in the background. It just seems that Android doesn't quite keep up over the long haul with what I hear about the IOS phones or tablets. Like someone else previously mentioned, like I started out fine with my S10+ when I tried my run, but things seemed to slow down partway through. I've never played on an IOS phone, but from what I hear there is a distinct difference between the two. I am in no way saying my phone is so slow; it handles the game just fine. It just sounds like, no matter how good the new Android devices are, they still seem to lag behind the Apple products.
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,283 ★★★★★

I have very little running in the background. It just seems that Android doesn't quite keep up over the long haul with what I hear about the IOS phones or tablets. Like someone else previously mentioned, like I started out fine with my S10+ when I tried my run, but things seemed to slow down partway through. I've never played on an IOS phone, but from what I hear there is a distinct difference between the two. I am in no way saying my phone is so slow; it handles the game just fine. It just sounds like, no matter how good the new Android devices are, they still seem to lag behind the Apple products.

It might have been the higher resolution combined with the screen brightness heating up the chipset and throttling performance over time.
  • Options
    Nothing_hereNothing_here Posts: 97
    The game is not properly optimized for Android phones, so no matter what phone you use it will be slower on Android than iPhone.
    This doesn't mean Android phones are bad.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,250 ★★★★★
    There are alternative ways to get legend badges if you’re on android... like 100%ing a6, AOL etc that loading speed actually is a small % of each fight time.

For regular legend runs, the loading speed matters because it’s a huge % of a short fight time per fight, which gradually adds up.

Longer, harder content will make that % less significant (yes you’ll be slower than those on iPhone, but the handicap will not be that much).
  • Options
    ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    xNig said:

There are alternative ways to get legend badges if you’re on android... like 100%ing a6, AOL etc that loading speed actually is a small % of each fight time.

For regular legend runs, the loading speed matters because it’s a huge % of a short fight time per fight, which gradually adds up.

Longer, harder content will make that % less significant (yes you’ll be slower than those on iPhone, but the handicap will not be that much).

I agree, but I'm still stuck on Act 6.2 lol
  • Options
    arsjumarsjum Posts: 412 ★★★

The game is not properly optimized for Android phones, so no matter what phone you use it will be slower on Android than iPhone.

I keep hearing this claim about the game being not optimized for Android but haven't seen any evidence of that. Sounds more like speculation.
  • Options
    BwpyronBwpyron Posts: 19
    I use to be apple fanboy but changed over to android and i own iphone 7plus/iPhone 11 pro/ note 10 the note 10 seemed a little faster tham both. I just finished up my legends run and when i get it I'll let you guys know. As lomg as you have a newer phone and a good connection it doesnt matter.
  • Options
    MatiEspinozaMatiEspinoza Posts: 93
    Bwpyron said:

I use to be apple fanboy but changed over to android and i own iphone 7plus/iPhone 11 pro/ note 10 the note 10 seemed a little faster tham both. I just finished up my legends run and when i get it I'll let you guys know. As lomg as you have a newer phone and a good connection it doesnt matter.

What was your time ?
  • Options
    MatiEspinozaMatiEspinoza Posts: 93

Two simple letters - No

Agree Like Awesome LOL
  • Options
    BwpyronBwpyron Posts: 19

Bwpyron said:

What was your time ?
    3:10 , it was my 1st legend run . What messed me up was master/nova with corvus. If i wouldnt havd died everytime and had to revive each path i wouldve gotten under 2:55. Next time I'll get it no problem . I thought corvus could take every fight but i was wrong
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,193 ★★★★★
    Bwpyron said:

Bwpyron said:

What was your time ?
    3:10 , it was my 1st legend run . What messed me up was master/nova with corvus. If i wouldnt havd died everytime and had to revive each path i wouldve gotten under 2:55. Next time I'll get it no problem . I thought corvus could take every fight but i was wrong
    A tip for furture always se what u need for the boss ect
  • Options
    NMEONESNMEONES Posts: 260 ★★
    Pintzz said:

From experience I don’t find it possible to do. I was on the s10+ 512GB edition with 12GB of ram and tried a few times and it was way to slow. The load times are about 5 times slower on android. I switch to iPhone recently to and iPhone XS Max and did my legends runs without Corvus/ghost and did it my first try.
    Load time’s are about .5 seconds on iPhone where android anywhere from 4-7 seconds.

Who’d you use for your legends run if not Corvus/Ghost?
  • Options
    BigbowlrBigbowlr Posts: 126
    Depends on the legend run. Shorter time runs(3-4 hours like the monthly quest) is a definite no, the load time on android is just enough to make it impossible. For the longer legends runs(12+ hours like act 6), might be possible
  • Options
    awesomesauceawesomesauce Posts: 774 ★★★
    arsjum said:

I keep hearing this claim about the game being not optimized for Android but haven't seen any evidence of that. Sounds more like speculation.
    I thought it was all speculation at first, until me & my RL buddy ran dungeons together regularly. Often times in dungeons he'd already be up on the first fork, waiting for my input to tell him which node to drop, even before i'm loaded into the room. This happened consistently, then when we sat together i watched as his iphone would load so much faster than my android. even running suicide masteries and heavy-hitter champs, i would struggle to drop nodes as fast as him with lower ranked champs and no suicides.

Then I bought an iPad and timed the differences. I could queue up and load an arena team, and finish the 3-fight series average around 47 seconds, whereas the android average series was closer to 70 seconds. this was recorded over a series of a few dozen arena matches. (using the same champs as attackers over and over, only the opponent would change, but it was all tested to be fair, so the infinite streak was already rolling and no death matches, etc...)

ever since, i loathe arenas on my android phone and prefer to wait until i'm home to do them.
  • Options
    Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★
    Ouch, I want to switch a Samsung S9 or S9+, not planning on getting any legend titles or anything
  • Options
    NMEONES said:

Pintzz said:

Who’d you use for your legends run if not Corvus/Ghost?
    Used stark spidey with max suicides and boosts. Got 3:13 came in 82nd during that EQ

I could put a side by side video in comparison as I have all of the phones mentioned but isn’t worth the time to do it. From my personal view I’ve seen the massive difference.
  • Options
    With that in mind I do love Samsung(had every S series from the 3-10, and considering getting the s20 ultra when it’s released)more but I play the game quite a bit so was worth it to switch to the iPhone for me
  • Options

arsjum said:

I thought it was all speculation at first, until me & my RL buddy ran dungeons together regularly. Often times in dungeons he'd already be up on the first fork, waiting for my input to tell him which node to drop, even before i'm loaded into the room. This happened consistently, then when we sat together i watched as his iphone would load so much faster than my android. even running suicide masteries and heavy-hitter champs, i would struggle to drop nodes as fast as him with lower ranked champs and no suicides.

Then I bought an iPad and timed the differences. I could queue up and load an arena team, and finish the 3-fight series average around 47 seconds, whereas the android average series was closer to 70 seconds. this was recorded over a series of a few dozen arena matches. (using the same champs as attackers over and over, only the opponent would change, but it was all tested to be fair, so the infinite streak was already rolling and no death matches, etc...)

ever since, i loathe arenas on my android phone and prefer to wait until i'm home to do them.
    Which Android phone and which iPhone did you compare? That's an important factor. I for one do not see any differences in loading times between OnePlus 7T and iPad Pro 10.5. If anything, the former seems to be a tad bit faster.

More importantly, what you said does not prove the game is not optimized for Android well. What many players ignore often is the fact that the latest Apple devices are powered by A-series chips that, when it comes to single-threaded CPU performance, wipe the floor with anything that powers Android devices. We are talking 2 to 3 times better performance. That in my opinion is a better metric showing why you see the drastic difference.

Install the game on Google Pixelbook powered by Intel Core-i7 chip and you'll see how the loading times are near-instantaneous.

Having said that, it seems we are reaching the point of diminishing returns so that the latest powerful Android devices such as OnePlus 7T/Pro and Asus Rog II are showing similar performance to the latest iPhones and iPads.
  • Options
    DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    The problem is not with the game optimization.
    The thing is, iPhones have better Software &Hardware integration that Android phones.
    This is the only reason why Android lags behind iOS.

Apple makes all the hardware and software themselves. While, Android phones use software developed by someone and hardware developed by someone else.

This is why processors used in Apple devices give better performance than those processor which are used in Android phones.

Chinese makers play with numbers, they give Octa-Core/Deca-Core just to create hype in the maket. And they don't focus on in-depth quality of the processor.

This is the reason a Dual-Core processor by Apple can perform better than other Chinese processors with higher number of cores and frequency.
  • Options
    @arsjum
    That's one point I forgot to disclose.
    The Android devices I have used previously are:
    Samsung Note
    Google Pixel XL
    Pixel 2 XL (current cell device)

My friends phone that would consistently load faster is the iPhone 8

As for my recent IoS device, it's the 2019 iPad Mini.
  • Options
    MoNsTeR_804MoNsTeR_804 Posts: 726 ★★★
    wait, why does it matter what device you're using?
  • Options

@arsjum
    Samsung Note
    Google Pixel XL

I see. Obviously both iPhone 8 and iPad mini 2019 are better for this game than Pixel 2 XL. Android started to catch up only recently. The leader of my alliance got an ASUS Rog II and says he hands down prefers it over his iPhone 11, even for this game.

• Options
    arsjum said:

@arsjum
    Samsung Note
    Google Pixel XL

I see. Obviously both iPhone 8 and iPad mini 2019 are better for this game than Pixel 2 XL. Android started to catch up only recently. The leader of my alliance got an ASUS Rog II and says he hands down prefers it over his iPhone 11, even for this game.

Nice. I'll have to keep that in mind. I've just been enjoying the "no phone payment" plan for a bit. Though the rog would require me to switch carriers and that seems like a hassle. Haha