Namor Rebalance Information

Comments

• kfd2010kfd2010 Posts: 399 ★★
    Pr0t0t7p3 said:

Lvernon15 said:

iRetr0 said:

How will he be slower at getting it? The changes don't say anything about slowing down Imperius Rex

Higher chance to bleed means lower outrage gain, my assumption is his roatation will now have an l1 before hurting that first l3
    I don't see in the Outrage description how higher bleed rate slows down outrage gain...please clarify
    You know, now I'm wondering this too. I went back and looked and increasing bleed should make him quicker on bleed immunes (sans robots) but that should effect the every 3 second timer.
  • mrTequilasmrTequilas Posts: 27

Was namors Regen really that good? I never noticed that big of a Regen even at low health.

with suicides aint that good cause the poison reduses some of it, but when you use him without suicides i guess it can be potent enough to go from fight to fight, especially if you are throughing one special after the other. But again will Namor continue to be a suicide friendly champ or not??
  • RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 547 ★★★★

RogerRabs said:

RogerRabs said:

RogerRabs said:

Generous? That's the bare minimum they should do when nerfing a champ.

Some people wanted character specific rank down tickets. That wouldn't result in what this does. From this method many people will effectively get a free awakening gem and the character they just sold will be returned to them, awoken.

This has effectively just guaranteed my ability to awaken my Omega Red and my Namor will be returned to me awoken with quite a number of sig from natural dupes. Yeah, I call their approach to this generous, especially considering NONE of the characters were tuned down nearly as bad as the majority of this community assumed.
    How is it a free awakening gem? It's an item you used based on a information that is no longer accurate.
    From awakening and then duping. He’ll stay duped and you’ll get the awakening gem back. 2 awakenings, 1 gem.
    Am I reading it wrong? I thought you had to use an awakening gem to get one back.

If you pulled a Namor 3 times, then ranked him up and sig 200'd him , I thought you'd just get him back as a r1, sig 40 + iso, gold, sig stones.
    If you used a gem on him and then pulled him twice, the one you get back should be sig 40 and you’ll get back the gem.
    You still used the gem though. And how many people do you think that scenario applies to?

Listen, I don't think these changes are crazy. Personally I wish they had been balancing champs for longer in this game. But since they haven't, I just think this group feels arbitrary and doesn't do much to address the fact that this game has a group of champs that are far and away better than the rest.
  • willac1223willac1223 Posts: 2
    Are we also getting all the units we spent trying to get namor? There was a lot of hype for the champion before its release. I spend a lot of money trying to get him. Since they are nerving it. (Making changes that make namor not the champion that was being hyped) I want to know how you are going to give us back the money we spent trying to get him in the first place.
  • RogerRabs said:

Why not nerf Ghost or Corvus? I'm sure they're the highest on your DPS charts?

If you really wanted to balance the game you should have started there.

They explained why in the post.
  • So, I don't know where else to direct this highly specific question, so here goes. I duped my Namor via a Nexus crystal where one of the other options was Nick Fury. Had I known this change was coming I would have selected NF. I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but is there any recourse for this (again) highly specific example?
  • If I awakened Namor with an ag, used 199 sig stones, and then pulled him a few more times afterward, what should I expect to get back?
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 1,665 ★★★★★

RogerRabs said:

RogerRabs said:

Some people wanted character specific rank down tickets. That wouldn't result in what this does. From this method many people will effectively get a free awakening gem and the character they just sold will be returned to them, awoken.

This has effectively just guaranteed my ability to awaken my Omega Red and my Namor will be returned to me awoken with quite a number of sig from natural dupes. Yeah, I call their approach to this generous, especially considering NONE of the characters were tuned down nearly as bad as the majority of this community assumed.
    How is it a free awakening gem? It's an item you used based on a information that is no longer accurate.
    From awakening and then duping. He’ll stay duped and you’ll get the awakening gem back. 2 awakenings, 1 gem.
    Thats not getting a free gem because if you don't like Namor with the nerf you would've used it on somebody else. That is just a better deal than what Kabam gave us previously which I feel should've been the bare minimum from the beginning. Also, if you dupped him x40 afterwards you would've had Namor dupped eventually anyways so in no way is that a free gem.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 1,382 ★★★★
    RogerRabs said:

RogerRabs said:

RogerRabs said:

RogerRabs said:

Am I reading it wrong? I thought you had to use an awakening gem to get one back.

If you pulled a Namor 3 times, then ranked him up and sig 200'd him , I thought you'd just get him back as a r1, sig 40 + iso, gold, sig stones.
    If you used a gem on him and then pulled him twice, the one you get back should be sig 40 and you’ll get back the gem.
    You still used the gem though. And how many people do you think that scenario applies to?

You’re the one that asked. They can’t go back in time and make you not use it initially. You used one, you get one back. You didn’t use one, you won’t.

RogerRabs said:

Why not nerf Ghost or Corvus? I'm sure they're the highest on your DPS charts?

If you really wanted to balance the game you should have started there.

They explained why in the post.
    They said skill threshold for Ghost, nothing for Corvus. While Ghost is unique, I don't think phasing is all that difficult. Balancing Namor's Imperious Rex to get multiple stacks does take timing and awareness as well.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,205 ★★★★
    My biggest fear was that the sig ability would be changed, glad to see that is not the case. As for the regen....not really an issue as I wasn't using specials for that particular reason anyways. If you can still stack the furies he will still do major damage so not too big of a change.
  • FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 779 ★★★
    So, I have a 6* R2 and 5* R5

I will tell you that there are times where it’s annoying that he doesn’t make the opponent bleed. This actually helps him and gives him another strong utility instead of some excuse not to give him an imperious Rex charge. His power gain rate is the same, as well as the rate that the power falls off which is more important. A real “nerf” as the term is used would be to affect that or his sig ability. Most fights don’t last where you are using IR over and over again.

The regen rate is what it is. That’s not where he regenerates mostly If you’re using him wisely.

There is true balance there with the bleed. The regen rate is a little nerf but you left his sig ability alone.

I’ll give this up and take the Annihilus buff which should be the big story of all the rebalances.
  • So, just to clarify because I see you talking only about rank up gems. I have my 5* namor at rank5, and used a rank4-5 mutant gem for that, but up to rank4 I used my catalysts to rank hip up. Will I be getting my catalysts back too?
    cdubby_22 said:

What about units spent on specific cavalier crystals. We were paying for a chance at that champion which is no longer what we thought it was. I wouldnt buy crystals for this champ the way it is now, and I spent hundreds on trying to get him then dupe him. Can we get some explanation of why units will not be refunded if we bought the featured crystal? or at least generic crystals with the same odds of landing the different rarities?

They can't refund Cav crystals because the system is too convoluted for an actual refund process. They'd need to extract all the champions/iso/gold/sigs you got from the crystals.
  • BurroBurro Posts: 74
    edited January 2020
    cdubby_22 said:

What about units spent on specific cavalier crystals. We were paying for a chance at that champion which is no longer what we thought it was. I wouldnt buy crystals for this champ the way it is now, and I spent hundreds on trying to get him then dupe him. Can we get some explanation of why units will not be refunded if we bought the featured crystal? or at least generic crystals with the same odds of landing the different rarities?

If they were altering his signature ability then I would see your point. But they are not touching his signature ability or his prestige which are the top two reasons a lot of players went for him. You will still be able to to get his massive damage, there's a chance it just won't happen as fast. He will still gain an outrage charge every 3 seconds and he will still gain an outrage charge every time he fails to apply a bleed. If the defender is bleed immune (due to the node or their abilities) nothing will change. If the defender isn't bleed immune there is now a greater chance Namor will inflict a bleed on his medium attacks and not gain an additional outrage charge. In my experience, a 30% chance in MCOC may as well be 100% so the chance going to 60% won't really matter much. Plus his bleeds do a decent amount of damage (898.2 at rank 5) so you will be doing more bleed damage.

• If I had received and duped namor in the four star arena, what compensation would I receive?
  • KeluoKeluo Posts: 4
    I understand the intend of rebalancing champions, but my problem is the way champions are acquire. Specifically through cavalier feature xtals. This is plain fraud. It is a mobile game, I get that too... But people spend a ton of real money whaling out some “champs” because of their characteristics. Now you are saying they can sell the champ, if they don’t want it?!? How about the many cavalier xtals at $10 a pop to acquire them?!? So someone is “lucky” enough to open 1 xtal and get him 5 or 6*... but the “unlucky” ones keep going at it. If I pull a champ on my first cavalier, I probably will not buy a second one. To go back and say, yeah whatever you bought is too good and needs to be rebalance... imagine buying a car and the dealer coming back and telling you your deal was too good, or your car is not breaking enough. If there were no Cavalier xtals and everything is random, no units... do whatever you want... but going back and changing something after making a purchase; that to me is fraud. If there is money involve Kabam has the responsibility of honoring a “deal”, and balancing champs should only be one way and it is to make them better...
  • MauledMauled Posts: 2,510 ★★★★★
    Don’t mind this. My gripe with Namor has been that up until you’re facing a 300k+ health pool he’s very average. Access to extra bleeds along the way should make him pretty viable in those smaller health pools
  • Will the refunded sig stones be mutant or generic? Will the rank up gems be mutant or generic?
  • FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 779 ★★★
    Burro said:

cdubby_22 said:

If they were altering his signature ability then I would see your point. But they are not touching his signature ability or his prestige which are the top two reasons a lot of players went for him. You will still be able to to get his massive damage, there's a chance it just won't happen as fast. He will still gain an outrage charge every 3 seconds and he will still gain an outrage charge every time he fails to apply a bleed. If the defender is bleed immune (due to the node or their abilities) nothing will change. If the defender isn't bleed immune there is now a greater chance Namor will inflict a bleed on his medium attacks and not gain an additional outrage charge. In my experience, a 30% chance in MCOC may as well be 100% so the chance going to 60% won't really matter much. Plus his bleeds do a decent amount of damage (898.2 at rank 5) so you will be doing more bleed damage.

This is how I feel. People haven’t even used him yet and the compensation thing (which is surprisingly generous) is the centerpiece to this
  • If my namor is R5 and now I don’t want him R5, are we stuck with the R5 or will you give him back at R1 with rank up gems? If so will the rank up gems be mutant or generic?
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 3,253 ★★★★★
    I don't think his regen was even all that good in the first place, now it seems like it's hardly noticeable
  • I awake my Namor from the cyber weekend offer 5* Nexus Crystals and then I put 200 generic sig stones on him, so how it's gonna solve? Should I get another 5* Nexus Crystals or awaking gem if I sell him?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 26,708 ★★★★★
    SparkAlot said:

Namor will still be able to do just as much damage as before, but will be slower getting to it.

That is an odd statement.

If it takes longer to reach the same damage as before, then you can basically say that Falcon /Deadpool Xforce or another meme tier champ can achieve the same damage as old Namor / Ghost / Corvus / Doom (or another high DPS champ), it just takes them longer.

DPS is everything in this game, the higher you can get it, the faster you take the defenders down, and making them have lower DPS pushes them aside for another high DPS champ.

That is the reason why pretty much all legends runs involve only a few champs, nobody is going to be using the new Namor if they have other, higher DPS champs available.

The goal of the rebalances isn't to make them all equal, viable options for End-Game. Somehow that's the perspective people are looking at it with. It's not really about bringing them all up to that point. It's about adjusting large enough discrepancies.