Namor Rebalance Information

Comments

• Romo790Romo790 Posts: 139
    I can't speak for anyone who spent money on these crystals but giving back the resources used like awakening gems, catalysts and so on is very much appreciated.
  • WhathappenedWhathappened Posts: 751 ★★★
    edited January 2020
    xRoosterx said:

anyone please advise - is namor still great without suicides? seems like he was designed for them, at least his sig ability.. i have awakening gem and rank up gem i could use on him, pulled recently and not sure what to do pending these changes along with not running suicides

He's great at the moment without suicides. Guessing he'll still be really good after the changes but I need to see them implented before there's a final verdict. I hate running suicides so if he needed them I'd never ranked him up. As of right now he's an awesome champ but takes a little bit to get used too. You have to make sure you plan specials a little more carefully. You should play with him unawakened for a while and watch some videos. He doesn't need his sig for damage. His sig is great for Thorns and other junk damage. Also good for Korg with his sig but I tend to used Havok.
  • So I’ve read all the posts but I’m going to ask anyways - I used a generic awakening gem on my Namor after 4/55’ing him and took him to sig 37 with just sig stones - if I sell my Namor, I will get back an awakened Namor plus my 5* awakening gem and the same amount of 5*mutant sig stones and the same amount of generic 5* Generic Sig stones right back into my account ? Or will I get back an unawakened Namor with the generic 5* Awakening Gem and the same amount of 5* sig stones I used on him ? I’ve never duped him - only used my generic 5* awakening gem and some 20 odd mutant 5* sig stones and 17 generic 5* sig stones - will it be the exact same amount of class sig stones and generic stones , or all generic sig stones ? I’ve read the previous answers regarding the selling of him but none seemed to give an answer that made me confident that I’ll receive my 5* awakening gem back and what Rank will I receive him back at ??? The same rank I sold him at ? So if I sold him at 4/55 will I get him back at 4/55 again ? Or will I get him back with the catalysts I used to rank him up from R1 and have to spend more gold to rank and level him up all over again ? I apologize if this seems complicated but I don’t want to sell him and have to use up all my T4 and Mutant T4 catalysts and more gold to take him up from R1/1 back to 4/55 , and how long is this option to sell Namor and be reimbursed available ?
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 2,511 ★★★★★
    Mixed feelings about this.

I'm not a Namor expert (I've a rank 3 4* unawakened one and I'm just waiting for the dupe to rank him further up so I can take advantage of his utility), the reason why is that I'm fighting largely short fights and his damage was really underwhelming. So in that respect the shift from long to short fights is certainly welcome.

However, that 50% regen nerf... It's like taking a wood-chopping axe into the kitchen for cutting your vegetables. It's totally overkill. The regen rate is scaled with lost health, which is quite balancing to me. I can get the reasoning of Kabam: suicide set-ups really benefit from that. But why didn't Kabam target that? Like: making Namor more susceptible to the poison decrease in regen (let's say +50% effectiveness, from 30% to 45%?). That would have the same effect for suicide mastery users, but didn't penalise the other players. For those, the 6% is most welcome to recover chip block damage.

I should be glad that his sig remains as it is, I guess...
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 1,382 ★★★★

So I’ve read all the posts but I’m going to ask anyways - I used a generic awakening gem on my Namor after 4/55’ing him and took him to sig 37 with just sig stones - if I sell my Namor, I will get back an awakened Namor plus my 5* awakening gem and the same amount of 5*mutant sig stones and the same amount of generic 5* Generic Sig stones right back into my account ? Or will I get back an unawakened Namor with the generic 5* Awakening Gem and the same amount of 5* sig stones I used on him ? I’ve never duped him - only used my generic 5* awakening gem and some 20 odd mutant 5* sig stones and 17 generic 5* sig stones - will it be the exact same amount of class sig stones and generic stones , or all generic sig stones ? I’ve read the previous answers regarding the selling of him but none seemed to give an answer that made me confident that I’ll receive my 5* awakening gem back and what Rank will I receive him back at ??? The same rank I sold him at ? So if I sold him at 4/55 will I get him back at 4/55 again ? Or will I get him back with the catalysts I used to rank him up from R1 and have to spend more gold to rank and level him up all over again ? I apologize if this seems complicated but I don’t want to sell him and have to use up all my T4 and Mutant T4 catalysts and more gold to take him up from R1/1 back to 4/55 , and how long is this option to sell Namor and be reimbursed available ?

If you want him to stay where he is rankwise and you’re satisfied, do nothing.

If you sell him, you’ll get back the resources you used to get him to the point he was at when you sold him. You get back a r1-l1 Namor if you duped him, you get a duped one back. If you used an AG and sig stones on him and never duped him, you’ll get unduped + AG + sig stones
  • DoofinatorDoofinator Posts: 22

Mixed feelings about this.

I'm not a Namor expert (I've a rank 3 4* unawakened one and I'm just waiting for the dupe to rank him further up so I can take advantage of his utility), the reason why is that I'm fighting largely short fights and his damage was really underwhelming. So in that respect the shift from long to short fights is certainly welcome.

However, that 50% regen nerf... It's like taking a wood-chopping axe into the kitchen for cutting your vegetables. It's totally overkill. The regen rate is scaled with lost health, which is quite balancing to me. I can get the reasoning of Kabam: suicide set-ups really benefit from that. But why didn't Kabam target that? Like: making Namor more susceptible to the poison decrease in regen (let's say +50% effectiveness, from 30% to 45%?). That would have the same effect for suicide mastery users, but didn't penalise the other players. For those, the 6% is most welcome to recover chip block damage.

I should be glad that his sig remains as it is, I guess...

I’ve got a 5/65. The regen is already just barely enough to be functional. It honestly does what they indicated they wanted it to do (help recover a bit from suicides or very minor chip damage) and nothing more. With them cutting it in half he basically doesn’t have any. It’s basically 171 health per 10% missing on throwing a special. And it’s going to go down to 85. It’ll be some of the worst regen in the game amongst champs that actually regen. Think Bishop levels. While I don’t personally generally use suicides, I don’t think limiting that functionality is a good idea since that’s what they specifically sold him as. It was literally in his champion highlight.

I had hoped Kabam saying they were going to do better with these things meant they’d be open to discussion and only implement nerfs when truly necessary and game breaking. Them going after something like Namor’s barely functional regen let’s me know the data is flawed (or worse...but I won’t make accusations) and that they’re just actively seeking any way possible to make him less viable without getting the community in a full rage. I guess making bad regen worse shouldn’t bother me that badly but it really makes the entire process feel EXTREMELY disingenuous.
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 897 ★★★
    Daggaboom said:

So I used a gem on him and have since pulled him a few times. If I sell will I get the gem back and a duped Namor?

Yes, up to Sig 99/200. Any Dupes past Max Sig will not be returned.
    How did you arrive at the 99/200 limit? You are rewarding those that did not buy your sig stone deals and punishing those that wanted the best benefit from their champ. I too used a gem and maxed mine only to pull him a weak later. The regen nerf is is just plain silly and I’ll thought out and you’ve not even attempted to justify sig 99/200.
    This is your mess so fix it adequately. You can take my max sig crystal back and return my dupe on Namor or return my 5* crystal.

I think he means sig 99 for 4* and sig 200 for 5/6 which is max sig for those rarities
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,298 ★★★★★
    cyfer said:

Given that you can rebalance champs at whim, why should we spend any money in getting the new champs? I have spent a few thousands myself getting namor and cull . Do I get any of that investment back or do I stop spending and become a free to play user because there is no value for my money in this game?

Do u actually use cull?? He barely got nerfed at all and his block proficiency is so bad NO ONE uses him. Namor got nerfed a bit but it's not that bad
  • DaggaboomDaggaboom Posts: 12
    gohard123 said:

Daggaboom said:

So I used a gem on him and have since pulled him a few times. If I sell will I get the gem back and a duped Namor?

Yes, up to Sig 99/200. Any Dupes past Max Sig will not be returned.
    How did you arrive at the 99/200 limit? You are rewarding those that did not buy your sig stone deals and punishing those that wanted the best benefit from their champ. I too used a gem and maxed mine only to pull him a weak later. The regen nerf is is just plain silly and I’ll thought out and you’ve not even attempted to justify sig 99/200.
    This is your mess so fix it adequately. You can take my max sig crystal back and return my dupe on Namor or return my 5* crystal.

I think he means sig 99 for 4* and sig 200 for 5/6 which is max sig for those rarities
    Been hearing a few different people say “I think...” regarding this issue. It’s @Kabam Miike we need to hear from. He’s thrown statements out that are very easy to misunderstand
  • How do I sell my 5* Namor ? There’s no sell option for any 5* regularly and I don’t see one for my 5* Namor now - where do I find this place to sell him and how long until I get all my t4 and mutant t4 catalysts and good and my generic 5* awakening gem and sig stones back ? Does it all happen immediately ?
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 1,382 ★★★★
    The regen math doesn’t make sense, @Kabam Miike and makes less sense with suicides in the picture. Can we get some information on how you concluded his was OP?
  • How do I sell my 5* Namor ? There’s no sell option for any 5* regularly and I don’t see one for my 5* Namor now - where do I find this place to sell him and how long until I get all my t4 and mutant t4 catalysts and good and my generic 5* awakening gem and sig stones back ? Does it all happen immediately ?

ANYBODY HOW DO I SELL MY NO REGEN NAMOR PLEASE AND THANKS ...

• te_dua_shumte_dua_shum Posts: 514 ★★★

How do I sell my 5* Namor ? There’s no sell option for any 5* regularly and I don’t see one for my 5* Namor now - where do I find this place to sell him and how long until I get all my t4 and mutant t4 catalysts and good and my generic 5* awakening gem and sig stones back ? Does it all happen immediately ?

ANYBODY HOW DO I SELL MY NO REGEN NAMOR PLEASE AND THANKS ...

read the very first sentence of this thread and you'll find the answer ^_^
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 5,684 ★★★★★

While I'm not up in arms and have zero intention of selling Namor, I'm still unsure as to why the slower ramp up is even necessary. Namors DPS over a whole fight may have a much higher crest/peak, but someone like Domino at even a lower rank will have a far higher average I think. A R2 Domino can end this fight far faster
  • WhathappenedWhathappened Posts: 751 ★★★

While I'm not up in arms and have zero intention of selling Namor, I'm still unsure as to why the slower ramp up is even necessary. Namors DPS over a whole fight may have a much higher crest/peak, but someone like Domino at even a lower rank will have a far higher average I think. A R2 Domino can end this fight far faster

A R2 Domino could finish that fight about a minute faster..lol. Sometimes I understand Kabam and then there's this nerf.
  • CrazyAlT22CrazyAlT22 Posts: 14
    If we don’t want to sell we don’t have to? Thank you
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,932 ★★★

How do I sell my 5* Namor ? There’s no sell option for any 5* regularly and I don’t see one for my 5* Namor now - where do I find this place to sell him and how long until I get all my t4 and mutant t4 catalysts and good and my generic 5* awakening gem and sig stones back ? Does it all happen immediately ?

The timeline for when that option will be available and how it will all work is explained in detail here:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/179310/champion-rebalance-information-february-2020#latest
  • Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 326 ★★
    edited January 2020
    Is it possible to know in advance whether my Namor will be returned awoken? I know I’ve pulled him from crystals, but I can’t remember if I did so before or after I brought him to max sig.

I’d like to know in advance because I don’t want to sell him if I won’t get him back awoken.
  • BeelsBeels Posts: 25
    the old talk was about nerfing Namor's dps so wth is his healing nerfed too? this is really a very cheap move. if you think the 6% is too much when he has 0 health. then make it a flat 3% all over.
  • sest22sest22 Posts: 933 ★★★
    I still think that the nerf and the buff don't do well to the game (kabam), nor to the player (community). This causes a distrust of new content (characters), why spend money, runes, to buy crystals and invest time and resources to awaken your unique ability and take it to the maximum, if after using it and feeling comfortable and part of it of your elite team, they adjust it, (for better or worse). The development team and the tests should be taken more seriously and take more time to test the new characters and correct them before launching them into the game, this would avoid such problems and discontent in the community. ROL I do not think it is the best scenario to test the champions, this way although the enemies have a lot of life, they do not represent a challenge as such, they lack many real skills within the game and they do not launch their special 3 apart from that they are very predictable Do a better development, planning and test work, Kabam.
  • WoozieWoozie Posts: 477 ★★
    edited February 2020
    I just pulled Namor, is he still worth a 5/65 and awakening?
  • KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,239 ★★★★
    why not nerf domino,corvus,ghost,quake, korg's defense, imiw's powergain at 15%, Doom, hyperion or even void!!! all these r just as powerful as namor and some even more ,any explainations or graphs for this? why not make trash but really trash champs like vulture,electro,rhino,jane foster and many more usable in the name of "rebalancing"
  • Branis41Branis41 Posts: 24
    I just upgraded the game to v25.3. Does it meant that namor and other champs are already being "rebalanced"? Or only after 5th of February after the new monthly event start? @Kabam Miike
  • Branis41 said:

I just upgraded the game to v25.3. Does it meant that namor and other champs are already being "rebalanced"? Or only after 5th of February after the new monthly event start? @Kabam Miike

The changes are in the 25.3 version of the game so if you've updated, they are in effect.
  • God, @Kabam Miike I’m so lost here. So here’s my scenario. I have a 5* R65 Max sig Awakened Namor. He was acquired through a standard opening, then awakened via Black Friday opening. Should I sell him? If so, what will I get back? Just an awakened Namor, and the sig stones I’ve used? Or will I get back the T5 Cats I used to take him to R5 as well? Thanks in advance for answering this question for the 92nd time.
  • FuriousVFuriousV Posts: 13
    @Kabam Miike this rework one of the worst along all game changes. Your didn’t listen your audience. I’m playing in this game from starting, and I’m sorry that it is just like you who “elaborate” game 👎👎👎
  • GagoHGagoH Posts: 1,400 ★★★★
    Definitely nowhere near Omegas level anymore

Sorry but, Slowing down his imperius rex and halfing his regen, while only increasing his likelihood of bleeds is far more of a nerf than a “rebalance”
  • Ok I’ve decided I want to sell my Namor after using the latest changes and I still don’t see a sell option anywhere - I’ve been reassured that I will get back my 5* Namor but will also receive the generic 5* awakening gem, the T4 ( generic & class ) catalysts, The Iso, the sig stones ( generic and class seperstely ? ) and gold I used to 4/55 him. How do I go about selling him ASAP because the changes made have ruined him in my opinion - where do I sell him and how does my items and catalysts get returned ? And what’s the approximate wait time on receiving said returned items and cats ????