AOL Mephisto question.

I’ve never used Mephisto and don’t really know how he works as far as his regen is concerned. If I take Aegon into AOL and die against a Mephisto does that give him the ability to regen?

I have a R1 six star Torch unduped but I’d rather bring in Heimdall and just push through Mephisto with Aegon if possible.

Team will be
R5 200 Aegon
R5 200 Doom
R5 40 Nick Fury
R4 60 Quake
R1 Torch or Heimdall.

If I die when using his prefight I’m screwed and it makes him worthless on the team and I think I can solo him but what happens if I don’t?

Comments

• Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 5,836 ★★★★★
    Aegon doesn’t work because if the mystic abyss node
  • Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 884 ★★★
    Isn’t torch a good mephisto counter? I’m not too sure but I feel like I’ve heard it somewhere
  • GamerGamer Posts: 5,565 ★★★★
    Lol touch can solos him at rank2 so I’m sure a 6 star rank1 can can do it in one review
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 5,836 ★★★★★
    Torch destroys him with the pre fight, just get smoulder like mad
  • HughJanisoleHughJanisole Posts: 118
    I’m just not sure how Mephisto triggers his regen honestly.
  • From what I've seen so far, champion in the Abyss don't have a persistent charge mechanic. Mephisto doesn't seem to trigger the regeneration, for example
  • SknZnSknZn Posts: 420 ★★
    edited January 26

If you are wanna try AoL, 1st of all take some time watch some videos man.
    2nd, in AoL there is no persistent charge. No Mephisto heal, no Champion fury.(based on Lagacy, KT1, Seatins ls)
    3rd r5 pre fight ability torch took mephisto down in 84 or so hits. I believe 6* r1 with no pre fight can take him in 200 hits, if u die just revive. And there is literally no need for heimdall synergy.
    SknZn said:

2nd, in AoL there is no persistent charge. No Mephisto heal, no Champion fury.(based on Lagacy, KT1, Seatins ls)
    3rd r5 pre fight ability torch took mephisto down in 84 or so hits. I believe 6* r1 with no pre fight can take him in 200 hits, if u die just revive. And there is literally no need for heimdall synergy.
    I have watched videos but can’t find a clear explanation. Don’t tell me to research when I have. I Haven’t seen anyone use anybody but Torch or Void and triggering regen could be a game ender. Reading Mephistos abilities it seems if I die against one that on the next match he’ll gain a charge and be able to regen. As far as Heimdall goes....When I get close to death I let them combo Aegon build his furies while indestructible then smash them for big damage. Apparently you haven’t used Aegon Much.
    So yes Heimdall could help me In a ton of matches where Torch May only help me in one. This is the reason for my post unlike most of the useless banter that goes on in this forum.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 1,991 ★★★★
    You don’t need quake. A lot of times fighting with your entire team dead for doom is better.
    No evade charges if quake is dead.
    Bring HT AND HEIMDELL.
    Actually Quake can be dead. If Nick dies then there’s no evades. Now that I think about it though if Nick is dead I’ll gain more attack on Aegon and Doom so it’s better to keep Nick dead unless he’s fighting so I might swap Quake for Heimdall. Interesting thought.....
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,487 ★★★★
    @HughJanisole what good does it do criticizing the very ppl your asking to help you. You say "Dont tell me to research, I've dont it." If that's the case why would you need to ask? I doubt u have researched all the YouTube vids plus line and discord groups on the abyss. Then u go on and comment how the forum is full of useless banter. If it's so useless why waste your time asking ppl here for help? Kindness goes along way. Your name suits u well.
    Neotwism said:

@HughJanisole what good does it do criticizing the very ppl your asking to help you. You say "Dont tell me to research, I've dont it." If that's the case why would you need to ask? I doubt u have researched all the YouTube vids plus line and discord groups on the abyss. Then u go on and comment how the forum is full of useless banter. If it's so useless why waste your time asking ppl here for help? Kindness goes along way. Your name suits u well.

I was polite until some smart mouth genius said first of all take some time watch some videos man. Then has no idea why I’d bring Heimdall. Yeah, he needs to give advice. That was my point. I’m very appreciative of help and try to be as helpful as I can. Not trying to start a peeing match.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 1,991 ★★★★

Actually Quake can be dead. If Nick dies then there’s no evades. Now that I think about it though if Nick is dead I’ll gain more attack on Aegon and Doom so it’s better to keep Nick dead unless he’s fighting so I might swap Quake for Heimdall. Interesting thought.....

Yeah it’s a conundrum. But from my experience the heimdell would have saved me some revives in a few spots plus on the collector when he’s in his final phase where as the evade didn’t do anything.
    Jaded said:

Yeah it’s a conundrum. But from my experience the heimdell would have saved me some revives in a few spots plus on the collector when he’s in his final phase where as the evade didn’t do anything.
    That’s what I’m thinking. Heimdall overall will save me more revives than Quake will.
  • _ASDF__ASDF_ Posts: 1,281 ★★★★

SknZn said:

I have watched videos but can’t find a clear explanation. Don’t tell me to research when I have. I Haven’t seen anyone use anybody but Torch or Void and triggering regen could be a game ender. Reading Mephistos abilities it seems if I die against one that on the next match he’ll gain a charge and be able to regen. As far as Heimdall goes....When I get close to death I let them combo Aegon build his furies while indestructible then smash them for big damage. Apparently you haven’t used Aegon Much.
    For someone who’s researched and clearly confident in their play... why are you even asking here? HT shreds mystics without his sig and you should have to expect to do plenty of reviving. 🤷‍♂️
    _ASDF_ said:

SknZn said:

For someone who’s researched and clearly confident in their play... why are you even asking here? HT shreds mystics without his sig and you should have to expect to do plenty of reviving. 🤷‍♂️
    The question is regarding Mephistos regen. So yeah I ask questions when I don’t know. I know a ton but not everything. I know Torch shred Mystics but when a defender has three million health I want to make sure that he’s not going to trigger a regen or if he is I want to be dang sure I can stop it or reverse it.
  • _ASDF__ASDF_ Posts: 1,281 ★★★★

_ASDF_ said:

SknZn said:

The question is regarding Mephistos regen. So yeah I ask questions when I don’t know. I know a ton but not everything. I know Torch shred Mystics but when a defender has three million health I want to make sure that he’s not going to trigger a regen or if he is I want to be dang sure I can stop it or reverse it.
    Per charge he regens about 10% of his health so even if he gets a charge that’s only about 390k in health which should be easy to overcome. 🤷‍♂️ Which is easy to research by simply reading Mephistos abilities.
  • BashlordBashlord Posts: 104
    Abyss Memphisto doesn't have persistent charges, so no regen for him.
    You can fight him without any worries about regen.
    Some of you guys kill me
    Bashlord said:

Abyss Memphisto doesn't have persistent charges, so no regen for him.
    You can fight him without any worries about regen.

These are the kind of responses I was looking for. I guess it’s just specific to the abyss that no one has any persistent charges which is cool. Great to know and has helped me make my decision even though some people gotta act like they know everything but in reality probably play like garbage. There are some champs I’ve just never used or had to deal with much and this is a new piece of content so to strategize I ask, listen, and watch. Even the smart mouth was right with the persistent charge comment and that’s all he would have had to say and I would’ve said thanks man, but no....most people suck unfortunately.

Thanks to all who helped!
  • TheSpicyKnightTheSpicyKnight Posts: 1,134 ★★★★
    edited January 27
    Even if Mephisto does regen HT reverses health with enough incinerates