**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

How AW Class Diversity could be used and encouraged better

I have a specific recommendation that I hope does not get lost in all the chatter.
Concerning the class "diversity" issue
While good in concept to diversify classes used in AW, as mentioned in the post, it will not add significantly to the AW score. It will help break ties if I remember correctly from the post.
My suggestion--add class specific buffs on certain nodes plus earn AW points for number of class specific nodes used correctly. Call it a "Defensive Utilization Bonus"
Example: Node 23--standard node buff is 100% Health and attack, however using a Mutant or Skill on this node adds 50% Armor. Node 16--unblockable L1 with 30% enhanced damage, however using a Tech or Science on this node changes it to unblockable L2 with 30% damage. Could also add a "max attempts-death limit" type of class specific buff
This accomplishes at least these 3 things.
1) encourages diversity of champs used across the board in very specific ways addressing the MD/Mystic champ concentration issues
2) using two classes on these types of nodes keeps from predicting what classes are there. Could even do a "wrapper" combination--either Skill or Mystic. Do you risk using a Science against that node? (See next item)
3) maintains the value of the detect masteries (my AW design would be like current--classes aren't revealed except on boss, maybe the mini-bosses)
4) the class specific "max attempts" buff overcomes the "only spenders will win" concerns voiced since the announcement. May actually encourage spending through the purchase of higher cost revives/heals--make sure you heal up high enough to take out the node bc you only have 6 attempts
These are non-specific examples

Comments

• Options
    Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★
    They really should just increase the diversity bonus to make it significant.
  • Options
    BornBorn Posts: 228 ★★
    I have a specific recommendation that I hope does not get lost in all the chatter.
    Concerning the class "diversity" issue
    While good in concept to diversify classes used in AW, as mentioned in the post, it will not add significantly to the AW score. It will help break ties if I remember correctly from the post.
    My suggestion--add class specific buffs on certain nodes plus earn AW points for number of class specific nodes used correctly. Call it a "Defensive Utilization Bonus"
    Example: Node 23--standard node buff is 100% Health and attack, however using a Mutant or Skill on this node adds 50% Armor. Node 16--unblockable L1 with 30% enhanced damage, however using a Tech or Science on this node changes it to unblockable L2 with 30% damage. Could also add a "max attempts-death limit" type of class specific buff
    This accomplishes at least these 3 things.
    1) encourages diversity of champs used across the board in very specific ways addressing the MD/Mystic champ concentration issues
    2) using two classes on these types of nodes keeps from predicting what classes are there. Could even do a "wrapper" combination--either Skill or Mystic. Do you risk using a Science against that node? (See next item)
    3) maintains the value of the detect masteries (my AW design would be like current--classes aren't revealed except on boss, maybe the mini-bosses)
    4) the class specific "max attempts" buff overcomes the "only spenders will win" concerns voiced since the announcement. May actually encourage spending through the purchase of higher cost revives/heals--make sure you heal up high enough to take out the node bc you only have 6 attempts
    These are non-specific examples

They are making the classes visible on all nodes through all tiers removing the guess work.

• Options
    Make it additional. Could still keep there idea of counting each different champ used in addition to my suggestions.
  • Options
    gadgetfanaticgadgetfanatic Posts: 326
    edited August 2017
    I love your suggestion. This can make war enjoyable for me because it is like they put a part of node buff design and generally the overall war map layout in the hands of the defensive placing alliance. It’s like, in 1 war one path can all possibly be all evasive champs and on the next war can all be power gained MD champs...it will keep players in the offensive thinking and on their toes. Giving a sense of outsmarting the offense in placement. Even if the classes are already seen, at least the alliances that did the placement had some sort of control as to what buffs and effects they can activate.

Again...i love it. Hope they consider this suggestion. I would love to do the war placement if this was applied.