**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Omega red damage back

Would like to address an issue that I’m having currently with my omega red.

His description states that his tentacle hits reduce passive damage of enemy abilities by 100%. However, some nodes like explosive personality and also the glancing one that damages you don’t negate this damage. The only damage I see negated are the likes of electro and korg damage back only, not node damage. Can any of you confirm if this is bug?

To restate, I have found he is taking damage back from nodes when using his tentacle hits.

Thanks

Comments

• EdeuinkEdeuink Posts: 1,263 ★★★★
    I think it that because it says enemies, that doesn’t count as nodes. Tentacle hits only affect enemy abilities, not node abilities.
  • MCOCHazzaMCOCHazza Posts: 840 ★★★
    Edeuink said:

I think it that because it says enemies, that doesn’t count as nodes. Tentacle hits only affect enemy abilities, not node abilities.

But aren’t nodes counted as enemy abilities? A node is basically a buff to their abilities - I do think this is a bug
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    Edeuink said:

When you consider a node like Thorns, you realize this isn’t the case.

• nOuxnOux Posts: 522 ★★★
    U take damage from explosive personality because it not damage back ability. It consumes armor ups and deals damage.
    Plus explosive personality interaction is with armor up buffs not armor up passives, You would not take damage if from each blocked hit it would give passive armor up.
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    Also for glancing if your attack glances you lose 100% ability accuracy thus it disables his ability to not take damage back hence the micro-reflect damage back
    Patchie93 said:

Also for glancing if your attack glances you lose 100% ability accuracy thus it disables his ability to not take damage back hence the micro-reflect damage back

Patchie93 said:

It doesnt say ‘has a 100% chance to reduce 100% damage taken from enemy abilities’

It says ‘tentacle hits reduce 100% of the damage from enemy abilities’ wouldn’t this mean it is unaffected by ability accuracy reduction? If that isn’t true, then I think it needs to be more clear.
    nOux said:

U take damage from explosive personality because it not damage back ability. It consumes armor ups and deals damage.

It is a damage back ability as hitting into their block 5 times causes you to take damage on that final hit. Similar to thorns/spiked armour.
    Hazzalec1 said:

nOux said:

It is a damage back ability as hitting into their block 5 times causes you to take damage on that final hit. Similar to thorns/spiked armour.
    Its not, thorns/spiked armour deals passive damage back, while explosive personality consumes armour up buffs and deals damage to you. Same as Havok’s plasma debuff, when reaching 10 its consumed and deal damage, omega takes damage that cannot be reduced with tentacles hit.
    nOux said:

Hazzalec1 said:

nOux said:

Its not, thorns/spiked armour deals passive damage back, while explosive personality consumes armour up buffs and deals damage to you. Same as Havok’s plasma debuff, when reaching 10 its consumed and deal damage, omega takes damage that cannot be reduced with tentacles hit.
    Actually, just them in war, I negated the plasma detonate, therefore his tentacle hits should bypass damage back such as explosive personality, as it is a very similar situation.
    edited February 2020
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,105 ★★★★
    This is happening on storm microreflect in the EQ.

Is this a bug, or another "working as intended"?

Happens on medium and heavy tentacle hits, particularly when storm blocks the first medium hit.
    edited April 2020
    In addition, in the king groot matchup, king groot still shrugs off his debuffs even at 10 spores. Seatin pointed this out in his 4* Omega Red video a while back, but nothing has been changed. Red skull is also still dealing damage back, similarly to explosive personality and micro reflect.
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Porthos

This is happening on storm microreflect in the EQ.

Is this a bug, or another "working as intended"?

Happens on medium and heavy tentacle hits, particularly when storm blocks the first medium hit.

I would also like to know i this is a bug (99% sure it is) @Moosetiptronic
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    I'm pretty sure the micro-reflect is a bug, I recall people using Omega in variant 2 when it first came out and his tentacles bypassing the damage back. As for Explosive Personality, that one is working as intended.
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,105 ★★★★
    Kind groot literally has purify in his description. So definitely a bug @Hazzalec1

The micro reflect still happens in variant 2 as well. Just checked on black bolt; Omega's first and second mediums take microreflect damage when they glance and they should not.

Will they quickly fix it by June? *Cough* Morningstar *cough*...

@Kabam Miike time to step up to the plate and prove "bug" fixes work both ways. Or do you only rush to fix stuff that costs kabam money?

Hazzalec1 said:

Patchie93 said:

Patchie93 said:

It doesnt say ‘has a 100% chance to reduce 100% damage taken from enemy abilities’

It says ‘tentacle hits reduce 100% of the damage from enemy abilities’ wouldn’t this mean it is unaffected by ability accuracy reduction? If that isn’t true, then I think it needs to be more clear.
    Wait... No. That's not at all how this works.

First of all, all abilities (besides some obvious ones like immunities) are subject to aar unless otherwise specified.

Second of all, if an ability doesn't have a set/explicit chance to trigger, then it's chance to trigger is 100%.
    So you’re saying that the reason Omega doesn’t reduce the damage is because the node is lowering the ability of his tentacles to reduce damage from triggering? To me this doesn’t make sense as it is a physical trait... I stated it was like an immunity because that’s physical.... but if it is affected by ability accuracy then I guess that’s that

How about king groot? At 10+ spores it is supposed to be -100% chance to fail enemy shrug offs... but it doesn’t appear to work for king groot

Apologies if the GIF is not great quality. Hope you can make it out that I’m at 10 spores when the debuff is applied (12 because of the red hulk synergy once I parry) but he still shrugs it off....
  • Rwj_2Rwj_2 Posts: 163 ★★
    Hazzalec1 said:

Hazzalec1 said:

Patchie93 said:

Patchie93 said:

First of all, all abilities (besides some obvious ones like immunities) are subject to aar unless otherwise specified.

Second of all, if an ability doesn't have a set/explicit chance to trigger, then it's chance to trigger is 100%.
    So you’re saying that the reason Omega doesn’t reduce the damage is because the node is lowering the ability of his tentacles to reduce damage from triggering? To me this doesn’t make sense as it is a physical trait... I stated it was like an immunity because that’s physical.... but if it is affected by ability accuracy then I guess that’s that

How about king groot? At 10+ spores it is supposed to be -100% chance to fail enemy shrug offs... but it doesn’t appear to work for king groot

Apologies if the GIF is not great quality. Hope you can make it out that I’m at 10 spores when the debuff is applied (12 because of the red hulk synergy once I parry) but he still shrugs it off....
    I'm thinking it's as you've said and the AAR is causing it to fail.

As for the King Groot issue I would say it's a bug that likely has to do with him not shrugging it off directly but rather consuming a fury to get rid of it. I'm guessing this will be claimed as "working as intended" because of tricky wording :(
    Rwj_2 said:

Hazzalec1 said:

Hazzalec1 said:

Patchie93 said:

Patchie93 said:

I'm thinking it's as you've said and the AAR is causing it to fail.

As for the King Groot issue I would say it's a bug that likely has to do with him not shrugging it off directly but rather consuming a fury to get rid of it. I'm guessing this will be claimed as "working as intended" because of tricky wording :(
    Yeah my guess is it’s the AAR. But KG is definitely a bug