**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Story Quest 5.2.4 reminds me of a recurring nightmare I used to have!

Just a rant...

So after months of avoiding Act 5 because I went in there once and every champion seemed impossibly daunting, I finally grow a pair (figuratively) and decide it's time to become UC (also because I've read that's how you get the most T5B catalysts).

5.1 is a breeze, and I'm thinking, yeah I can do this. I even got through the Brute Force global nodes in 5.1.6, which I was sure would be the death of my love for MCoC. But I did it.

5.2.1 and 2 were also okay. No major problems. 5.2.3, up until Joe Fixit, was also manageable. It took a few potions, but I knocked Joe down.

Then comes 5.2.4 and I want to throw my phone against a concrete wall, skin Kabam alive and beat Samsung up with a spike covered baseball bat. All they did was make my phone but semantics.

End of rant. Thank you for wasting your time reading this...

Comments

• Options
    @Kerneas thanks. Lol. I totally feel like I can do this now...
  • Options
    MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,110 ★★★★
    Read my post update on unit man and twitch skills. There is nothing you can't achieve by burning through 100s of 4 hour crystals :-) you don't even need to spend units!

Uncollected is worth it. 50% of a t2a each month. You'll be able to start getting 6* shards in three monthly UC event, when just completing the first two levels 100%.

So suck it up and go for it! The jump in difficulty in this game sometimes feels obscene. And it often is. But you can do it.
  • Options
    @Moosetiptronic well aren't you just motivational! Thanks. After 4 straight hours of trying and failing 5.2.4, I really needed that...
  • Options
    I was actually trying to be motivational :-) although the best way to get t5b at the moment is the glory store. As long as you are in an alliance getting over 12m regularly, you can get 4.5k t5b every 8 days. That's a whole t5b every 3 months.

What's your roster for pushing through 5.2.4 and what path are you taking?
  • Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    edited February 2020
    Look at my recent discussions. Maybe 6 or so down I made a full guide to the easy path of 5.2.4
  • Options
    @Moosetiptronic

I do buy from the glory store.

Roster is:

5* Omega Red 4/55 duped
    5* Venom the Duck 4/55
    5* Blade 4/55
    5* Doctor Voodoo 4/55
    4* Hulk Ragnarok 5/50 duped

And from what I read, Yellow Jacket then Deadpool is the easiest path, so I'm trying that one...
  • Options
    @Hammerbro_64 thanks. I'll check it out...
  • Options
    Do you have suicides? Or at least one point in double edge? With omega, it means you heal up at the start of every fight, plus his death spores don't count as debuffs, so you don't trigger masochism. Take any sabertooth in, to give his spores longer duration, possibly for hulk rags. Or whoever you get the least out of.
  • Options
    @Moosetiptronic no, I don't have suicides. And I only have Sabertooth in 3*, not ranked up at all. Will that do?...
  • Options
    Yes, any star sabertooth will work. Do you have enough units for one (ideally 2) carb core to unlock double edge? Do you have willpower unlocked? Having Omega bleeding at the start completely changes his gameplay. And willpower means he heals from double edge while doing a ton more damage.

I have 3/3 willpower and 2/3 double edge. Which means my Omega heals about 8% or more at the start of every fight and often allows me to build to 24+ death spores by the end of two parries plus combos, then a heavy attack. Enemies just melt.
  • Options
    HedronHedron Posts: 359
    On 5.2.4 i used my 5* 3/45 thing with cosmic synergy which were all 3* rank 1.
    Used 2 to 3 revives and knocked down storm
  • Options
    @Tiger360 no offense taken. I will admit I have a bit of a temper, and by the 3rd or 4th go around I was more angry playing than actually playing. But yeah. Thanks...
  • Options
    @Moosetiptronic I've got a bunch of units, so I'll look into that. Thanks so much for your help. Appreciate it...
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,781 ★★★★★
    Best advice i can give is dont be afraid to use those boosts we get almost every day for attack and health from alliance events. They really do help.
  • Options
    @Buttehrs yeah, I always forget about those...
  • Options
    No problem at all. Omega needs a very specific set up to be game breaking; worth reading up on him and watching a few vids. Think lagacy did a good one from memory.
  • Options
    @Moosetiptronic he is one of my favourites so I will definitely check that out. Thanks...
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,741 ★★★★★

If you expect people to suppport you after you vomit your aggressive thoughts here and not give any constructive approach, you are extremely naive I am afraid.

Anyway, although this piece of content is admittedly annoying, it is surely doable, many have done it before and there's no reason why you couldn't. You just need to get yourself together and stop hating it so much, take it as a challenge that pi$$es you off and you wanna overcome it without getting poisoned by it.
  • Options
    Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★

@Tiger360 no offense taken. I will admit I have a bit of a temper, and by the 3rd or 4th go around I was more angry playing than actually playing. But yeah. Thanks...

Yeah sorry man. What I did was I’d jump into a quest when I was going for uncollected and try to see how far I would get without spending units or using any sort of items. If I’d take too much damage I’d just restart and if the run went very solid I’d continue with it
  • Options
    ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    5.2.4 is gate for many (including me when I got there). There's always gonna be points you hit where you get stuck. The game would progress too fast if you didn't. You just have to practice, rank up the right champs, and be patient. I eventually got good enough that my 4*s could push me through.

Also, you can proc masochism with a parry if you don't want your next debuff to be nullified. You have good champs, and thankfully a few 4/55's. Just try to be aggressive so they don't heal too much. Sometimes I'll even use non-debuff champs and bait heavies, so I don't parry them and give them the heal.
  • Options
    L3g3ndaryR3ignL3g3ndaryR3ign Posts: 40
    edited February 2020
    Kerneas said:

If you expect people to suppport you after you vomit your aggressive thoughts here and not give any constructive approach, you are extremely naive I am afraid.

Anyway, although this piece of content is admittedly annoying, it is surely doable, many have done it before and there's no reason why you couldn't. You just need to get yourself together and stop hating it so much, take it as a challenge that pi$$es you off and you wanna overcome it without getting poisoned by it.
    @Kerneas What I was doing was ranting and trying to make a joke out of something that was frustrating to me. I certainly wasn't trying to "vomit aggressive thoughts", nor was I expecting support. No, I'm not naive, however my experiences in this forum and the amount that I've learnt from simply being here has been nothing but mind blowing, positive and educational. And I did in fact lead my post with just a rant. Because that is all it was.

Thank you for the parts of your response that were motivational. And yes, I do intend to look at it that way. I was just annoyed, angry and needed to vent...
  • Options
    @Tiger360 I'm actually thinking about approaching it that way. It would be a great way to get better at fighting. Thanks for the tip though...
  • Options
    ẞlооd said:

5.2.4 is gate for many (including me when I got there). There's always gonna be points you hit where you get stuck. The game would progress too fast if you didn't. You just have to practice, rank up the right champs, and be patient. I eventually got good enough that my 4*s could push me through.

Also, you can proc masochism with a parry if you don't want your next debuff to be nullified. You have good champs, and thankfully a few 4/55's. Just try to be aggressive so they don't heal too much. Sometimes I'll even use non-debuff champs and bait heavies, so I don't parry them and give them the heal.

I mean I'm not against the challenge, I appreciate it. Lol. It's just frustrating.

And thanks. I'm not great at baiting. But I'm working on it. And I'll definitely try that approach...
  • Options
    zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,149 ★★★★★
    I created a new account for giggles. 5.2.4 is definitely hard. Pretty painful fights using unduped 4/40 Medusa, OR, yondu. Also, mastery is not optimium at low level.
  • Options
    NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    Drop every sig stone u can into Omega Red. I didn't really start noticing a difference until about sig 100. After u reach sig 150 u will start melting opponents. Even if u get hit 5 or 5 times, they are usually dead from the spores when using the sabretooth synergy. It's worth the roster spot to bring that 3* u have even if u never use him in a fight.
  • Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    What you may not have known about Omega, is that each spore reduces the chance for masochism to trigger by 10%, so at 10+ spores it will never trigger. No setup or anything needed.
  • Options
    @zuffy for giggles? Lol. I can't even imagine it. I'm learning that I need to actually pay attention to all the mastery stuff. So reading up and learning...

@Neotwism I think I have him on 51 and I put every signature stone I get into him as soon as I get it. So only 49 to go...

@Hammerbro_64 before this post, I did not know that, I just thought fighting with him was easier because he's my strongest champ. Lol...
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,741 ★★★★★

Kerneas said:

@Kerneas What I was doing was ranting and trying to make a joke out of something that was frustrating to me. I certainly wasn't trying to "vomit aggressive thoughts", nor was I expecting support. No, I'm not naive, however my experiences in this forum and the amount that I've learnt from simply being here has been nothing but mind blowing, positive and educational. And I did in fact lead my post with just a rant. Because that is all it was.

Thank you for the parts of your response that were motivational. And yes, I do intend to look at it that way. I was just annoyed, angry and needed to vent...
    The part about skinning Kabam alive can be interpreted differently, so sorry for misinterpretating. I totally understand your urge to ventilate your frustration :smiley: