**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Take unduped thing to r5?

QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
So I have a 4-5 science gem & unduped thing. Considering using it on him for V2 exploration & maybe 6.2 champion. Don't have cap IW. Nor any other options ATM for the 4-5 gem

Take unduped thing to r5? 41 votes

Take thing to r5
70%
PantherusNZSpity68TerraWardenclockHendrossBrokenRasiloverBobomanDuyhohuyKenaiGrootman1294MegaGalacticRakeYoungEthanGamerpsp742AlexAvalonK3600YcatsThicco_ModeTurtle200000 29 votes
Save for cap
19%
bassalaLvernon15CliffordcanB_Dizzle_01HCMmcocPapicante1lowlevelplayerManthaz 8 votes
Other
9%
OMGITSSNIPER12AleorBonzodavidPurceluS 4 votes

Comments

• Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,054 ★★★★★
    Other
    If you need him and like him, rank him up. Otherwise I wouldn't, he needs to many synergies, and not very impressive without those
  • Options
    PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,450 ★★★★
    Take thing to r5
    The whole "Wait for [Champion]" mentality is potentially a dangerous one, because you could literally go for YEARS without pulling that champion. There are some instances where it's valid but the key is that you do that when the alternative legitimately isn't that big of a deal (e.g If you have a Skill Awakening Gem, do you wait for Blade/Aegon/Nick or use it on Karnak...definitely wait).

In this instance, Thing is still a great champion and will serve you well at R5, go for it. If you pull Cap IW later, sweet, the rank up materials will start coming thicker and faster later on.
  • Options
    TheToxicCactusTheToxicCactus Posts: 368 ★★
    I have the same question too. Also, is he still worth it if I dont use his synergies? I like to just add him to my questing team
  • Options
    Also if it helps my current r5's are
    CMM
    Fury
    Corvus
    Ægon
    All duped
  • Options
    Or I do have duped void (currently Sig 20 but have 90 odd stones in the stash) but in all honesty I haven't gotten any use for him ATM. Like there's not been a path yet where I've been like, damn I wish I had void.
  • Options
    Where as I know I can use thing to cheese a lot of the hard paths in v2 hell he can tackle 90% of it
  • Options
    EthanGamerEthanGamer Posts: 358
    Take thing to r5

I have the same question too. Also, is he still worth it if I dont use his synergies? I like to just add him to my questing team

As long as you have the champion synergy
  • Options
    EthanGamerEthanGamer Posts: 358
    Take thing to r5

As long as you have the champion synergy
  • Options
    PsyLifePsyLife Posts: 399 ★★
    Take thing to r5
    I don’t think he needs the champion synergy. He still hits about five times harder than an average champ. Human torch is pretty good to have. Together they are great.
  • Options
    Thank you everyone. Done
  • Options

• Options
    MegaGalacticMegaGalactic Posts: 248 ★★
    edited February 2020
    Take thing to r5
    Thing was my first 4/5 5* and I have never come to regret it. Pretty sure he could be my first 5/5, depends on what 5* I get in the future that may be a better option. Absolutely love building up his damage, the unstoppable and immunities.

(I got IW very recently so it wasn’t because of her at all.)

• Options
    Bit of an update, took him in against v2.1 power gain path. Absolutely demolished. No fights lasted longer than 15 hits. Got some good rng on the furies against havok and he went down in 7 hits lmao