**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Physical and Energy Resistance Masteries

ADDIS0NADDIS0N Posts: 1,018 ★★★★
edited February 2020 in Strategy and Tips
Maybe this is a dumb question, but the game is so frikkin' complicated with descriptions and/or lack there of, I thought I'd ask anyway.

For anyone who knows offhand (so I don't have to test it myself):

Do these masteries affect damage taken through blocks or does it only affect direct hits?

Do these masteries also affect DOT (bleed, coldsnap, poison, degen, etc.)?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    It affects block hits as well.

If the DoT effects deal physical or energy damage, it will also interact with them
  • Options
    Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    Just so you know they barely reduce damage at all, so it’s not entirely worth getting
  • Options
    gp87gp87 Posts: 325 ★★★

Just so you know they barely reduce damage at all, so it’s not entirely worth getting

Physical doesn’t reduce damage?? I have it 4/4 should i hold the masteries?

• Options
    Before these 2 Masteries were re-worded to say some flat-based number (which is meaningless unless you have some context to interpret what that number actually means), they used to indicate it only did 1%, 2%, etc worth of Resistance. So very minimal, than most guides would say to skip them.
  • Options
    SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    gp87 said:

Physical doesn’t reduce damage?? I have it 4/4 should i hold the masteries?

It depends. If you have willpower you need 15 points somewhere. 10 points are clear. But the other 5 can go into pysical resist, greater vita (to counter a bit of glass cannon) or stand your ground if you like that little utility.

If you dont run willpower forget all the 3 I talked about
  • Options
    SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★

Maybe this is a dumb question, but the game is so frikkin' complicated with descriptions and/or lack there of, I thought I'd ask anyway.

For anyone who knows offhand (so I don't have to test it myself):

Do these masteries affect damage taken through blocks or does it only affect direct hits?

Do these masteries also affect DOT (bleed, coldsnap, poison, degen, etc.)?

Thanks.

It doesnt works on DOTs.

The reason while they have so little impact:

First you need to know that these are flat numbers that become % numbers.

Lets take a 5* R5 Aegon for example:
    (for this test you have 3/3 in parry and 4/4 in block proficiency and you fight vs 5* R5)

Parry: 3.734 base-PB + 800 from mastery = 4.534 = 68,3% + 25% (from parry) = 93,3% damage reduction.

The 6,7% will be reduced by armor + physical resist (if its a normal attack)

Aegon has 525 armor = 20%

So 6,7% - 20% = 5,36% damage that you take.

With 4/4 pysical resist its 525 armor + 160 physical resist = 685 = 24,6%

So 6,7% - 24,6 = 5,05% damage that you take.

As you can see physical resist makes 0,31% damage in this example.
    Now you can tell me if you think its worth it.