**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Magik question - Double limbo

RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
So, just wanted to ask a quick question, which I think will be better explained if I gave a scenario/example.

Magik gains a bar of power, of which she triggers the 3 second limbo. However, due to MD, she crazily power gains to the second bar, which grants her another limbo. However, two 3-second limbos do not stack (but a 3 second limbo and a special attack limbo can stack, but that's not the point), so the second limbo replaces the first limbo.

Except, I don't think it really replaces it. I was fighting Magik and this happened. I popped a special 2 while her 3 second limbo was active, dealing 8000 dmg crit. This however, pushed her to her second limbo, of which the timer reset and the damage wasn't rewound. However, when the second limbo timed out, it healed her for 16000 health.

Is that supposed to happen?

Comments

• RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    So, no one has an answer? I'm assuming it might be a bug, but I'm not sure, so I'm just asking if any of you experienced it, or know that it is not working as intended.
  • nameplasnameplas Posts: 240 ★★
    I guess it's supposed to happen, if your special hit exactly the time when both limbos overlap, yes. If one limbo is supposed to rewound the damage, then the other one is too, a but BS but i guess yeah
    Makes sense, but my special 2 pushed her power to the second bar while a 3 second limbo is still ongoing, and not on the moment when both limbos overlapped. This reset the limbo timer as a new limbo triggered, and when that new limbo timed out, it healed double.

Does that count?
  • nameplasnameplas Posts: 240 ★★
    Yes, limbo basically triggers when either she reaches power bars or when she uses her specials, these two are the cases when that happens.
    That being said, they stack only when one from each case happen at the same time, in your fight since both limbos are from her power meter, they won't stack but still the limbos do their work of rewounding damage, again it's BS lol
    Oh, well that sucks, but at least note taken. Thanks!
  • Magik is quite op but the limbo takes it to far
  • AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 508 ★★★
    I just think limbo should scale with her base attack. She would still be a good defender
    Crazywolf wrote: »
    Magik is quite op but the limbo takes it to far
    Anonymous wrote: »
    I just think limbo should scale with her base attack. She would still be a good defender

Alright, I'll speak my truth. But to summarise the main point: I've been sort of lying when I said that limbo doesn't deserve any nerf. I honestly feel it should get a small direct or indirect nerf. I'm saying this as a erson who owns a R4 5* Magik and MD 5.

Let me address the second reply first. If they make limbo based on her base attack, they might have to do that for other champions with abilities based on their attack stat (eg. Bleeders). This will make such champions who are enemies in certain content much easier/less threatening because the nodes wouldn't affect their ability damage. So I don't think they will do that.

For the first reply, on a neutral standpoint, that limbo is a bit on the OP side. It rewinds any damage done during limbo (unless heal blocked when limbo ends or she dies), and deals high unavoidable damage to the opponent.

Yep, there are counters that prevent her from triggering limbo. But when it does trigger which, for most champions that could counter her, will most definitely trigger at least once or twice before they reach a certain hit combo/special 2, it deals extremely devastating damage (about 3000 per limbo trigger). Not to mention that MD 5 makes this happen a lot more times, so you probably will eat another 2 more limbo while trying to bait her special attacks.

So yea, that's my truthful standpoint about limbo. I strongly dislike it, even though there are counters to her. Does limbo deserve a nerf? Or should MD get a nerf? Very sensitive questions, especially to those who have invested in MD or Magik strictly for defense (even though she technically is super good in offense). I am one of those people who have MD 5 and a cruel R4 5* Magik, but I'm going to go with yes, something has to be tweaked about this ability/mastery/how they work or function. Doesn't have to be major, can be something minor like the dexterity interaction with MD or lowering the base chances of limbo triggering.