**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

AW 15.0 and iron man/superior iron man exploit

NinjAlanNinjAlan Posts: 358 ★★★
I apologize if this topic has been covered. What is Kabams plan to discourage this exploit with the removal of defender kill points? For those who don't know, people will use iron man/superior iron man until they are at 30% health then timeout. When the new fight begins, they will trigger arc overload and begin the fight again with a near full health bar, rinse, repeat. Removing defender kills will only make this already existing behavior worse.

Comments

• Options
    RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    Erm, that's not exactly an exploit in the first place. Because firstly, you are losing health if you do that (even though yes, it can be healed back) and secondly, it's not 100% reliable because of assassination.
  • Options
    It's 82% reliable, and people are already doing this, removing defender kills will certainly encourage the behavior, people can take dozens of attempts at minibosses/bosses using this method
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    After the real exploit, everyone is talking about random stuff and call them exploits ... Just stop it.
    This isn't an exploit. You are penalized for doing it.
  • Options
    No_More_HeroesNo_More_Heroes Posts: 471 ★★
    Sounds super boring. At least IM and SIM actually has some value with this.
  • Options
    RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    NinjAlan wrote: »
    It's 82% reliable, and people are already doing this, removing defender kills will certainly encourage the behavior, people can take dozens of attempts at minibosses/bosses using this method

So how exactly would it be encouraging the behavior? If people are already going to die, they'd probably want to time out instead so that their champ is still alive at the end, even though it gives a defender kill. I doubt they'd say
    "Oh, I think I'm just gonna take this death and give the enemy a kill"
    rather than
    "I'm going to die if I continue, just gonna pause and timeout so I can survive and get more health next fight even though I give the enemy a kill"
    Of course they'll choose the latter, most of the time.
  • Options
    There is no penalty for taking multiple attempts at a node without item use when there are no points given for defender kills
  • Options
    I over all think he is a great character but the overload can be useless under right circumstances
  • Options
    Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    edited August 2017
    May find a use for this strategy at times using my ultron
  • Options
    weavileweavile Posts: 288
    please it's not as consistent as you think, why do you think that people never bring those two into high tier aq? If you try this in war it'll be like this: ok 20% health, time out and heal the next fight, and then you start the fight Juggernaut punch right through your block and you die.
  • Options
    DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,875 ★★★★★
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    After the real exploit, everyone is talking about random stuff and call them exploits ... Just stop it.

But you won't be penalised if defender kills are removed
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    eXtripa69 wrote: »

But you won't be penalised if defender kills are removed

You lose half HP and you risk your own death
  • Options
    RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★
    this will be done with ultron and voodoo alot more than the ironmen, but yes, it will be done by many.