**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Black Iso Legendary

Is this really only every 14 days? Also I’m probably the only one buying it, lol

Comments

• Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,190 ★★★★★
    Beatlerao said:

Is this really only every 14 days? Also I’m probably the only one buying it, lol

Yes and don’t buy that terrible value.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,671 Guardian
    Beatlerao said:

The math says it is a good deal, so I'm buying it. A lot of people are judging it on gut instinct and think the value is terrible and so are avoiding it.

There's so much bad math and complete ignorance or inexperience with math that math arguments on internet forums, especially game forums, are incredibly difficult to engage in. I consider the Legendary crystal to be one of those great situations where I can simply present the math, and then buy the crystal. Basically everyone that accepts the math and buys the crystal will get a better return than those that reject the math and don't buy the crystal, which in a perfect world is how things would always work.
  • Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,054 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Beatlerao said:

The math says it is a good deal, so I'm buying it. A lot of people are judging it on gut instinct and think the value is terrible and so are avoiding it.

There's so much bad math and complete ignorance or inexperience with math that math arguments on internet forums, especially game forums, are incredibly difficult to engage in. I consider the Legendary crystal to be one of those great situations where I can simply present the math, and then buy the crystal. Basically everyone that accepts the math and buys the crystal will get a better return than those that reject the math and don't buy the crystal, which in a perfect world is how things would always work.
    The math can't say anything about value of the deal, one had to define it by himself. It may be better it worth, tag some other deal, but not good or bad. Also math does say you will spend 120$ per year buying it constantly. For me it doesn't give anything helping further progression, so I can't say the deal is good
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,671 Guardian
    Aleor said:

DNA3000 said:

Beatlerao said:

The math can't say anything about value of the deal, one had to define it by himself. It may be better it worth, tag some other deal, but not good or bad. Also math does say you will spend 120$ per year buying it constantly. For me it doesn't give anything helping further progression, so I can't say the deal is good
    First, we're talking about the value of the Legendary crystal offer, not the value of the Sigil. Second, since 4* shards have no intrinsic value, we can compare quantitatively everything you can possibly buy with 4* shards. You can buy 4* crystals, or if you have the Sigil you can buy 5* shards or the Legendary crystal. Math can compare those on a relatively equal footing, and for most players the Legendary crystal is better than simply holding on to the shards and buying 4* crystals. The only players I would not recommend doing that for are players with virtually no 4* roster yet, and it seems unlikely such a player would even have the option to buy it. Or if you're so desperate for ISO that you'd deliberately knee-cap your ability to earn 5* champs in favor of getting 4* dups.

This was all discussed multiple times when the offer first came out. But again: I have no trouble with people who think the offer is bad and choose not to buy it. In a game where there's at least some competitive pressure, I think it is great that knowing math offers a competitive advantage.
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,190 ★★★★★
    I’m wil just said that it bad for me since not I’m need 4 stars but wil get 5 star out of it just so rng
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    I'm no longer going to be renewing my sigil, so I'm buying the Legendary while I still can just because
  • Options
    NerdNerdNerd1NerdNerdNerd1 Posts: 379 ★★★
    i need iso from duping 4*s rn so its an awful deal for me.