6.4 UNIT BUNDLE OFFER AFTER COMPLETION

Hey @Kabam Miike

After each act 6 chapter so far we have all seen a 12k-15k unit bundle pop up. I wanted to suggest to the same people who decided to buff the rewards for act 6.4 to please consider the "unit bundle offer" to be buffed or looked at as well. Each offer after 6.1 really seemed underwhelming for the units it demanded. I know you probably can not show or discuss what the 6.4 unit bundle offer will be but I wanted to suggest it getting looked at as well since the rewards for act 6.4 was buffed after the community complained about how underwhelming they were at first. I hope others feel the same way when it comes to unit bundles.

6.1 offer was 5* rank up 4-5 gem with misc items for 12k units.

6.2 offer was 6* basic hero crystal with misc items for 12k units. (very underwhelming)

6.3 offer was T5CC (25% random class fragments) with misc items for 15k units. (not worth at all for amount of units)

Comments

• TheTalentsTheTalents Member Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    edited March 2020

Or just make the rewards better and not put them behind a paywall....

Unfortunately that is over and done with. I didn't realize the offers were so bad before. Its crazy how quickly the game changes in the span of 3 months because people definitely bought these offers.

I predict that the offer will be 50% of a t5cc selector and some 6 star sig stone crystals.
  • ChriissRChriissR Member Posts: 652 ★★★★

It isn't a Pay wall if it's for units lol, Many FTP players can hit 15k units.
  • Doomsfist79Doomsfist79 Member Posts: 922 ★★★
    I'm hoping for a generic 6* AG.. then get 6* Aegon awake and hit up AoL.. been working up to at least 15k units.. bout half way there now.. if the offer at the end is what i'm looking for.. i'll probably wait till i have the units and then get at least completion done in a day or two.. if not.. i'll just end up taking my time to go through 6.4
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,541 ★★★★★
    ChriissR said:

About a year of good Grinding, maybe less.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,580 Guardian
    ChriissR said:

If you're an arena grinder, it is a few months of grinding. When 6.1 came out, I deliberately held up in 6.1.5 just so I could grind out the last of the units necessary to get the 6.1 offer. It took about a month (I already had 9k).

I do think the offers got worse on a relative basis, and I'm not sure why. I don't think the intent was to make them worse, but somehow the developers had a much different sense of the relative value of those offers than I think most players do. Even when I look at them from a design perspective instead of a player perspective, I still don't really understand them. 6.1's seems definitely worth it to me. 6.2 seems questionable (if that offer was just presented to me today out of the blue, I wouldn't buy it ), and 6.3 seems just plain weird. The problem I think is in part the 4->5 gem is usable immediately (whether you choose to or not) and the 6* crystal is obviously usable immediately. The 25% crystal is likely to have no utility value for an extended period of time, because you have to earn enough fragments in one particular class to make that 25% enough to form a catalyst. That means you're comparing the value of 12k units now to the value of eventually being 25% closer to forming a T5CC much later. And since rewards always get better over time, if you don't form that catalyst until a year or more down the line, the value of that 25% will be smaller then than now. In effect, the value of the 25% crystal depreciates over time, and the longer it takes to make use of it, the more it will depreciate.

If I had 75% of a T5CC in every class, that 25% crystal would look *very* good. I would buy it in a heartbeat, because it would immediately have value. But suppose that crystal had a timer on it, and I was not allowed to open it until 2022. It would then have almost no value to me, even though it is the same crystal with the same amount of fragments. Its value would have depreciated away to nothing. The fact that my (and most people's) T5CC fragment earning is relatively low has a similar effect. In fact, it is possible that I will earn a fully formed T5CC catalyst in end game content before I earn enough fragments to make that crystal meaningful. That's a big risk to take burning all those units on that crystal.
  • DemonicStalkerDemonicStalker Member Posts: 325 ★★
    6.1 should be - 1 5* rank-up gem from r4 to r5 with 1 5* nexus crystal, 10k 5* shards and 2.5k 6* shards
    6.2 should be - 1 5* rank-up gem from r4 to r5 with 1 5* nexus crystal, 15k 5* shards and 5k 6* shards
    6.3 should be - 2 5* rank-up gem from r4 to r5 with 2 5* nexus crystal , 15k 5* shards and 10k 6* shards

even then i dun think many would find what i proposed above as tempting. but its 12k units. 4 odins!!! for a t5c frags crystal for completing 6.3.. and kabam has already make daily offers of 10k 6* for usd100. yet for 6.2..its 4 odins for 1 6* crystal plus tons of ****..

our monthly eq offer spews 5k 5* and 1k 6* for 3k units (ignoring all the other bs). with 12k units, it shd be 20k 5* and 4k 6*. i duno how we value a rank up gem over 5* and 6* shards but adding more and more pots of revives and health plus energy refill is an insult to the offer. u put offers for players to buy. if not, dun put at all..
    DNA3000 said:

ChriissR said:

If you're an arena grinder, it is a few months of grinding. When 6.1 came out, I deliberately held up in 6.1.5 just so I could grind out the last of the units necessary to get the 6.1 offer. It took about a month (I already had 9k).

I do think the offers got worse on a relative basis, and I'm not sure why. I don't think the intent was to make them worse, but somehow the developers had a much different sense of the relative value of those offers than I think most players do. Even when I look at them from a design perspective instead of a player perspective, I still don't really understand them. 6.1's seems definitely worth it to me. 6.2 seems questionable (if that offer was just presented to me today out of the blue, I wouldn't buy it ), and 6.3 seems just plain weird. The problem I think is in part the 4->5 gem is usable immediately (whether you choose to or not) and the 6* crystal is obviously usable immediately. The 25% crystal is likely to have no utility value for an extended period of time, because you have to earn enough fragments in one particular class to make that 25% enough to form a catalyst. That means you're comparing the value of 12k units now to the value of eventually being 25% closer to forming a T5CC much later. And since rewards always get better over time, if you don't form that catalyst until a year or more down the line, the value of that 25% will be smaller then than now. In effect, the value of the 25% crystal depreciates over time, and the longer it takes to make use of it, the more it will depreciate.

If I had 75% of a T5CC in every class, that 25% crystal would look *very* good. I would buy it in a heartbeat, because it would immediately have value. But suppose that crystal had a timer on it, and I was not allowed to open it until 2022. It would then have almost no value to me, even though it is the same crystal with the same amount of fragments. Its value would have depreciated away to nothing. The fact that my (and most people's) T5CC fragment earning is relatively low has a similar effect. In fact, it is possible that I will earn a fully formed T5CC catalyst in end game content before I earn enough fragments to make that crystal meaningful. That's a big risk to take burning all those units on that crystal.
    Yeah 25% is not enough. I believe the offer will be at least 50% of a t5cc. I'm in a top 60 AQ alliance and only have access to t5cc through end game content and I haven't bought any offers. I only have more than 25% in one class. So if I buy a 50% offer that is a selector and I hit completion which gives me another 25% t5cc selector I will have my first r3 6 star upon completion. So I'm assuming most people that have completed all of act 6 already that haven't bought offers are in my position.

Kabam probably takes all of that into account. Also, they will most likely throw in 6 * sig stones as well to buff the offer which is why I don't think that sig stones are in the rewards now.
  • GreywardenGreywarden Member Posts: 843 ★★★★
    Hiding what people want behind massive unit deals isn't what the community is clamoring for lol no real defending these types of things. IF the 6.4 unit deal is a 50% t5cc selector or better and 6* sigs that will be unfortunate as it's what people were expecting from completing the content without having to shell out 12-15k units.

Hiding what people want behind massive unit deals isn't what the community is clamoring for lol no real defending these types of things. IF the 6.4 unit deal is a 50% t5cc selector or better and 6* sigs that will be unfortunate as it's what people were expecting from completing the content without having to shell out 12-15k units.

That ship been sailed when it came to summoners sigil which was quality of life improvements for sale and act 6.4 rewards being more rng based if you were still in denial about it.