**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Make alliance potions easier to get!

TP33TP33 Posts: 1,595 ★★★★
AW/AQ health potions and revives are ridiculously expensive in the world of a f2p player, managing 2/3 lvl3 health potions is a struggle and a lvl 4 health potion is one of the most valuable resources I could acquire at the moment, and I don’t think I’ve EVER used a lvl 2/3 revive, I’m always using the free lvl1 team revives I can just about get out of war victor or AQ crystals.

It also seems incredibly unfair when another alliance meets you in war and thrashes you, only for you then to notice they’ve used 15/15 of their item uses. It just seems as if the only reason they won was their ability and incentive to spend money on AW. It might well be that they are far more skilled/developed players than you, but at face value, if they hadn’t used so many health potions or revives, we might just have won our war.

AQ isn’t such a big problem on this front, but it is slightly annoying when you run a champ for fun or use a different play style for an experiment and then die so you can’t really contribute or help in the rest of the quest.

Can we add lvl 3/4 health potions and lvl 2/3 revives to the daily loyalty crystals, or make a different crystal entirely for these potions, costing loyalty (because of the alliance based theme) and capping at 2 or 3 a day (costing around 5/10k loyalty). This would mean that us f2p players would have more of a chance at obtaining potions without collapsing the economy and making AW/AQ too easy.

Comments

• FRITO_ManFRITO_Man Posts: 716 ★★★
    Yeah 365 Units for a L4 Team Potion is a bit excessive. Perhaps make it more accessible or give a price reduction.
  • SknZnSknZn Posts: 442 ★★★
    Proper solution would be 260glory without price increase in next purchase from glory store. I would love that.
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    If you’re in an alliance that’s taking AW seriously you need to come to terms that a reasonable amount of your glory is going to be put into alliance potions.

As a matter of course I make sure that I buy 1 lv4 potion/day to make sure I’ve got a full stash. Once the stash is full I can ease of, but now my alliance is focussing AW over AQ for a change most of my glory spend goes on potions.

I agree that the potions should be % based, especially as we now have access to R3 champs
  • TP33TP33 Posts: 1,595 ★★★★
    We are definitely not a super competetive alliance but it just means that AW isn’t fun anymore because in some wars i end up facing a stacked korg miniboss early on and I just die straight away AW over pretty much, meanwhile the other alliance will die 5 or 6 times but revive and heal up straight away and clean through our miniboss and boss placements
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    TP33 said:

We are definitely not a super competetive alliance but it just means that AW isn’t fun anymore because in some wars i end up facing a stacked korg miniboss early on and I just die straight away AW over pretty much, meanwhile the other alliance will die 5 or 6 times but revive and heal up straight away and clean through our miniboss and boss placements

As Someone who hates korg I sympathize with your frustration. That said if you know you have to face a korg bring an energy damage champ for him or let someone else with a counter fight him. You said you aren't in a highly competitive alliance so worst case you don't take him out. I'd also talk with your war mates to see if anyone is more comfortable facing him and use duel tokens to practice against him. I did this before doing a couple lanes of variant 2 and it really helped. I also joined a non competitive alliance and if someone wants to spend to beat us more power to them the rewards aren't worth
    We also have an IMIW problem, as in only 4 guys in our alliance have r5 4* Corvuses (Corvae) or above (which is a kind of big deal at our level) for war, sooooooo IMIW paths are fine but 10 on 7 different paths (yes that really happened, their entire battle group placed and IMIW, bar one but their officer placed both a 5* and a 4*) is a big problem in terms of items and units
  • Parodical_Sun1Parodical_Sun1 Posts: 143
    edited March 2020
    IMHO Korg needs to be nerf because for a champ to be unblockable and unstoppable is really unfair to players who have more powerful champs getting knocked off by him,when those buffers on his are activated.
    TP33 said:

We also have an IMIW problem, as in only 4 guys in our alliance have r5 4* Corvuses (Corvae) or above (which is a kind of big deal at our level) for war, sooooooo IMIW paths are fine but 10 on 7 different paths (yes that really happened, their entire battle group placed and IMIW, bar one but their officer placed both a 5* and a 4*) is a big problem in terms of items and units

Venom is a great option for iwim if you don't have corvus and are getting killed by his last 10% health armor up. Watch some videos on how to dex his special attacks and practice heavy counter against him. He really isn't that bad once you learn to evade his special attacks. Also if you really want to smash iwim parry with thing and try to keep 20 rock stacks to drop a special 2 or 3 as his health gets down. Its unblockable and destroys opponents. Don't lose hope or get frustrated iwim was a pain in the neck for a lot of people until they learned to dex his special attacks
    @TP33 if you want help learning how to beat some of these champs feel free to friend me in game. Same name as on the forum
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    TP33 said:

IMIW is really only a huge problem on certain nodes; he shouldn't be getting tons of kills outside of that. Once you get the hang of killing him, you're going to start looking forward to the alliance that places him all over the place and wastes diversity points. It may not seem like it, but with practice you can get to that point.

As Dshu points out, Venom is a great counter for IMIW because when your opponent is down to their last 18% health Venom gains True Strike automatically. That means no more auto block. The rest is practicing evading his specials, and thinking about how you intend to end the fight when he gets down to the last few percent.

Back when people were talking about IMIW being unbeatable unless you have the right counters, I decided to make a video of what I thought was the worst case scenario: no armor break, no true strike, class disadvantage, facing max sig 6* IMIW at triple the PI.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6I_cd_TNXU

By no means am I the best IMIW fighter, in fact I make several mistakes in that fight. But it is still possible to do, and moreover it can be done with skills you can learn watching DorkLesson's videos. It is more about learning how to fight him, how to keep track of the armor stacks counter, how to evade, what kinds of attacks to use, and how to finish him off (I save SP3 for that, as he can't autoblock it).
    Thanks for the advice guys!
    I don’t have such a problem with the specials but more the length of the fight in general.
    Also when fighting an IMIW you have to watch out for when he gets 4 armour up, when he won’t throw specials, when he won’t throw heavies, you can’t parry him at that easily, your health bar etc. and that’s all without tricky nodes!

Just overwhelms you and eventually you make 1 mistake and die
    Also have you noticed the change to the sp1, it used to not shake the screen and now it does, adding to the confusion and madness