The Grandmaster is a masterpiece.

SDPSDP Member Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
6.4 is real nasty. I found the best paths I could for initial clear, and made my way through. I must say that The Grandmaster is a true masterpiece of a fight. Challenging, frightening, skill intensive, no BS....

Huge props to the devs for making a remarkable fight, and perhaps the best fight the game has ever seen.

Comments

• StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Member Posts: 5,019 ★★★★★
    @Reference You can't. Or at least I haven't been able to.
  • SDPSDP Member Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    Reference said:

Can you evade his rain fire sp? Look like the end of the world.

Only saw it once I think
  • SiliyoSiliyo Member Posts: 1,465 ★★★★★
    @Metalsonicdude will probably be the one bold one to try to successfully evade Grandmaster’s SP2
    Siliyo said:

@Metalsonicdude will probably be the one bold one to try to successfully evade Grandmaster’s SP2

That’s my boy. He’s a hell of a player. :-)

Really was probably the most fun I've had with something so difficult in this game.

Hopefully I get it down a bit better through the next 5 runs than I did initially though lol.

It really was a a fantastic fight. Probably won’t be making exploration attempt anytime soon though. Currently have 6.1 and 6.3 100%, but I’m a bit tapped out at the moment.

Enjoying my rank up extravaganza. I have like 40 T2A, 10 T5, etc. Feels so awesome. I’ve been waiting for this day. 😋
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Member Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    SDP said:

Really was probably the most fun I've had with something so difficult in this game.

Hopefully I get it down a bit better through the next 5 runs than I did initially though lol.

It really was a a fantastic fight. Probably won’t be making exploration attempt anytime soon though. Currently have 6.1 and 6.3 100%, but I’m a bit tapped out at the moment.

Enjoying my rank up extravaganza. I have like 40 T2A, 10 T5, etc. Feels so awesome. I’ve been waiting for this day. 😋
    I'll be picking away at exploration over the next week probably. Have everything else explored so this is last stop for the moment

SDP said:

I'll be picking away at exploration over the next week probably. Have everything else explored so this is last stop for the moment
    Get after it, man. Best of luck to you!

edited March 2020

SDP said:

I took Hype to 5/65 finally. Had to do that one. I have Ægon, Torch, Aarkus at rank 2. In your opinion, should I focus on a rank 2 6* in every class before 5/65 anyone else? I have most of the top dogs at 5/65. Could rank 2 Warlock for tech (already have 5/65 max sig), Sunspot (unduped) for mutant....

Thoughts?
    SDP said:

SDP said:

I took Hype to 5/65 finally. Had to do that one. I have Ægon, Torch, Aarkus at rank 2. In your opinion, should I focus on a rank 2 6* in every class before 5/65 anyone else? I have most if the top dogs at 5/65. Could rank 2 Warlock for tech (already have 5/65 max sig), Sunspot (unduped) for mutant....

Thoughts?
    R5s are far from irrelevant outside the absolute top alliances. It all boils down to the champ. Is the 6* even available? Do they need a very high sig to be useful? Basically just have to go on a case by case basis depending on what you need and what you have.

I have 20 R5 (sold namor and cull) and now 3 R3 and 9 R2 6*s. We're #2 in AQ so I'm obviously focused more on 6* progression currently. What's best for me may not be best for you though.
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Member Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    I spent more on the killmonger before the grandmaster than the grandmaster himself lmao
    @SDP Me too, lol. I took up my Sunspot to r5 halfway through the Grandmaster fight for the extra damage, took up Thing to r5 afterwards, and used the generic 1->2 gem on Symbiote Supreme. I still have 3 t5 basic in overflow too. I'll be taking up Night Thrasher to r2 as soon as I get the last few Skill Catalysts. Finishing Act 6 finally pushed me over 1 million hero rating now too!

@SDP Me too, lol. I took up my Sunspot to r5 halfway through the Grandmaster fight for the extra damage, took up Thing to r5 afterwards, and used the generic 1->2 gem on Symbiote Supreme. I still have 3 t5 basic in overflow too. I'll be taking up Night Thrasher to r2 as soon as I get the last few Skill Catalysts. Finishing Act 6 finally pushed me over 1 million hero rating now too!

Nice!

I've been making the push to hit 2 million for a a little while now. Around 26k to go now
  • OctoberstackOctoberstack Member Posts: 872 ★★★★
    I have to agree with this - quite possibly the best designed fight in the game, and the most fun I've had in Act 6 by a long way. Keeps you on your toes but with no BS, super satisfying to get through - what a way to round off the Act.
  • OctoberstackOctoberstack Member Posts: 872 ★★★★
    SDP said:

Same feeling here! Surprising amount of T2A shards per path, really adds up especially with the completion rewards
  • nOuxnOux Member Posts: 522 ★★★
    Grandmaster fight was most fun i had in this game. Props to Kabam, truly epic finish to this saga.
  • PaulyMatzPaulyMatz Member Posts: 6
    edited March 2020
    For everyone who has completed the Grandmaster, does the inverted controls last from 25% down to 1%, or is it only on the special attacks?
    I am terrible when it comes to fighting inverted controls so this might be the main reason why I cannot finish 6.4.6.
    @PaulyMatz The inverted controls in on a 42 second timer or something similar, so every 42 seconds, you get inverted controls for 8.5 seconds. Honestly, it doesn't seem that important, I only got boned once by it because I didn't realize there were inverted controls in the fight. Most of the time, you are either dead before the timer expires or the Grandmaster is in his wounded stage
  • EvangelionlovrEvangelionlovr Member Posts: 481 ★★★

I spent more on the killmonger before the grandmaster than the grandmaster himself lmao

This gonna be me. He looks nasty.
  • PaulyMatzPaulyMatz Member Posts: 6

@PaulyMatz The inverted controls in on a 42 second timer or something similar, so every 42 seconds, you get inverted controls for 8.5 seconds. Honestly, it doesn't seem that important, I only got boned once by it because I didn't realize there were inverted controls in the fight. Most of the time, you are either dead before the timer expires or the Grandmaster is in his wounded stage

Thank you so much for the information! After I save up some units this weekend, I think I am going to give it a try. Appreciate the response!
  • H3t3rH3t3r Member, Guardian Posts: 2,882 Guardian
    I want every boss fight to be this fun.