**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

The "Mole Man Expeditions" monthly side quest is the best monthly side quest thus far.

raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★
Whoever in the Kabam team thought of this month's monthly side quest should either get a raise, promoted or both.

The difficulty is scaled to consider enough difficulty without being overly difficult, the rewards are proportionate to the time spent and energy used. The timing and duration for completion and exploration stretch long enough to justify the wait for the next stage's opening. Everything about this month's side quest justifies even not having an extra store to buy additional stuff.

This is how monthly side event quests should be. This is an excellent template for future monthly side quests.

Kudos and great job, Kabam.

Comments

• Options
    MephistoMephisto Posts: 522 ★★★
    "Gwenpool goes to the movie 2.0"
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    I think it's good.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    My favorite is the labs prior to the last one. The last one was terrible when they made it a grind for lower rewards. I like this one fine though.
  • Options

My favorite is the labs prior to the last one. The last one was terrible when they made it a grind for lower rewards. I like this one fine though.

Remember when Rifts first came out? They were amazing at the time.
  • Options

Lots of my alliance mates loved the rifts. I got the 1* chests every time so I was never a fan lol. But they were the best side quests easily if you got good RNG
  • Options

Lots of my alliance mates loved the rifts. I got the 1* chests every time so I was never a fan lol. But they were the best side quests easily if you got good RNG
    Hard to say what my absolute favorite was. Either Rocket's Scrapyard, or the one we had years ago with Deadpool, where you kept getting Dups as Milestones.
  • Options
    Can't remember if that was Deadpoolooza or not.
  • Options
    Just worried that the amount of paths is gonna increase by another 4 paths each for Week 3 and 4 (so week 4 will be 20 paths ?).

If so that would be a real time-waster, since it’s not for throddling your Energy (0 energy cost).
  • Options
    TheInfintyTheInfinty Posts: 1,382 ★★★★
    edited March 2020

Just worried that the amount of paths is gonna increase by another 4 paths each for Week 3 and 4 (so week 4 will be 20 paths ?).

If so that would be a real time-waster, since it’s not for throddling your Energy (0 energy cost).

@SummonerNR it’s 16 paths for the final 2 I believe because it’s says beat mole man 16 times for both and the previous objectives have said 8 and 12 for quest 1 and 2 which had 8-12 paths
  • Options

@SummonerNR it’s 16 paths for the final 2 I believe because it’s says beat mole man 16 times for both and the previous objectives have said 8 and 12 for quest 1 and 2 which had 8-12 paths
    Even though the Objective Count is 8/12/16/16, doesn’t necessarily mean the # of paths will be limited to 16 for both final weeks. 1st week paths matched objective, but 2nd week had the extra MoleMan Hidden Drops which meant you didn’t need to do all 12 paths before hitting Objective.
    Don’t know if it was a guaranteed MoleMan drop on every path (or just some paths), or whether it was a Random “potential” drop at that spot on each path (as opposed to guaranteed).
    But even if paths are 16+16 (not 16+20), that is still gonna be a long haul, especially if you still want to do 2 or 3 of the Difficulties.
  • Options
    AouxWouxAouxWoux Posts: 426 ★★★
    Not in my top 5 list
  • Options

Deadpoolooza was an event quest. That was the one going on when I started playing.
  • Options

Deadpoolooza was an event quest. That was the one going on when I started playing.
    Yeah, I think I started the November before the Guardians Event that brought Groot.
  • Options
    Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★

Even though the Objective Count is 8/12/16/16, doesn’t necessarily mean the # of paths will be limited to 16 for both final weeks. 1st week paths matched objective, but 2nd week had the extra MoleMan Hidden Drops which meant you didn’t need to do all 12 paths before hitting Objective.
    Don’t know if it was a guaranteed MoleMan drop on every path (or just some paths), or whether it was a Random “potential” drop at that spot on each path (as opposed to guaranteed).
    But even if paths are 16+16 (not 16+20), that is still gonna be a long haul, especially if you still want to do 2 or 3 of the Difficulties.
    It does mean that, it’s in the announcement.
  • Options
    ChubsWhiteChubsWhite Posts: 493 ★★★
    I love it, definitely in my Top ⁵ Side Quest.

Pros:
    - easy
    - good rewards
    - no annoying nodes
    - no energy

Cons:
    - number of paths
  • Options
    raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    why is the number of paths an issue? weren't a lot of players complaining that side quests were very easily completed? nobody is asking anyone to complete everything in one go. do a few paths a day and you're gonna end up 100% the whole thing.
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,741 ★★★★★
    I kinda like it, although conpleting 12 paths felt like losing my own soul. But it took under 90 minutes to complete them all (epic difficulty w 1x R4 and 2x R5).
  • Options
    Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,625 ★★★★★
    This is not even in top list of best events
  • Options
    YENANSASHESYENANSASHES Posts: 252 ★★
    I really liked the side event with squirrel girl, as well as the squirrel store, but mainly because the rewards are so great. I don't like how they put in so many paths this month, for okay rewards.
  • Options
    YcatsYcats Posts: 146 ★★
    Donnymeij said:

I love it, definitely in my Top ⁵ Side Quest.

Pros:
    - easy
    - good rewards
    - no annoying nodes
    - no energy

Cons:
    - number of paths

Paths are free of energy charge thou. So can it really be considered a con if you can autoplay 3 out of 4 difficulties with r4 5* champs and it does not cost you any energy. Even the lowest difficulty has some decent rewards for higher end players in the form of energy. It might take time. But it actually makes you energy instead of costing you anything.
    It's a con for people who want to actually play the game. If they're going to make a side event so easy and boring at least make it more compact. It isn't the worst event but I wouldn't consider it good by any metric.
  • Options
    GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    I agree that this side quest event is very good.
  • Options
    te_dua_shumte_dua_shum Posts: 1,001 ★★★★

mole man drops are random, and you could also find him in the first week in any difficulty, i got him at least two times (and have 100% any difficulty) ^_^
  • Options
    TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    raffster said:

why is the number of paths an issue? weren't a lot of players complaining that side quests were very easily completed? nobody is asking anyone to complete everything in one go. do a few paths a day and you're gonna end up 100% the whole thing.

I hardly heard that complain tbh, most complains I got was the side events were super grindy and a time sink and rewards dont reflect it
  • Options
    A_Cay47A_Cay47 Posts: 73
    raffster said:

Whoever in the Kabam team thought of this month's monthly side quest should either get a raise, promoted or both.

The difficulty is scaled to consider enough difficulty without being overly difficult, the rewards are proportionate to the time spent and energy used. The timing and duration for completion and exploration stretch long enough to justify the wait for the next stage's opening. Everything about this month's side quest justifies even not having an extra store to buy additional stuff.

This is how monthly side event quests should be. This is an excellent template for future monthly side quests.

Kudos and great job, Kabam.

I think it’s a lot better then last months. In the future, I’d love to see another “squirrel store” paired with an event like this mole man one. I won’t get my hopes up though because heaven forbid Kabam put to “many rewards into the economy” as they would say.