**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Going from 3 bg to 2bg war

BradMercerBradMercer Posts: 206
edited March 2020 in General Discussion
Hello all, so in my ally we have a great group of people who we do not want to split up. Everyone has different lives and can’t always be reliable with war especially.
We’re a map 4 ally in all groups due to not having the time for 5 for a little extra perspective on our group.
We had a run of 4 seasons in gold 2 and the rewards were epic, last season we dropped to g3 and this season if we continue could end up in silver.
We’ve not lost any strong players and have only strengthened in every way but people are losing interest or don’t have as much time to fight war.
I’m looking for a different idea than kicking.
I want full diversity if we drop to 2 bgs so wouldn’t want to leave it as a free for all when joining.
I’d be wanting about 10 players constantly in and maybe chop and change the rest.
Does this work in other ally’s? Have people got a similar idea? I’d love to hear any options I could throw into the mix to try and get some glory back on the cards.
How many wars do people have to fight in to earn season rewards?
Cheers again

Comments

• Options
    RasputinscurseRasputinscurse Posts: 95
    I’m in the same exact situation we’re gold 3 might drop to silver because we can’t get everyone working together and the same time.

Have also been thinking about dropping to two battle groups.

This particular war is the worst we’ve had my group has only 8/10 and we can’t even clear the map. A couple of our players have really let us down and people are doing unusually dumb things out of impatience.
  • Options
    AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,266 ★★★★★
    It comes down to what your alliance goals are. How important are war season rewards, how important is being in a particular bracket?

If you want to keep your alliance together, then just play to play and wherever you end up at the end of the season, just take it.

If you want to be at a certain level, then you'll have to find players that want the same thing.

War doesn't take much time at all 2/3 fights in each section, then everyone shares the minis and boss. AQ takes more time than war, so if you do AQ, then there's little excuse about not having time for wars.
  • Options
    BradMercerBradMercer Posts: 206
    @AzKicker316 😂 you’re spot on mate, this is what I’ve been trying to get across to some of our players.
    War doesn’t take time at all, get on and use ur energy then come back in a couple hours and do the same! It ain’t rocket science.
    I like what ur saying tho maybe we’re being too soft, I personally don’t want to be in silver bracket and do enjoy the 6* shards even if only 1k from g2 rewards.
    I’ll take on board what has been offered here cheers
  • Options
    Brew_SwayneBrew_Swayne Posts: 500 ★★
    edited March 2020

Hello all, so in my ally we have a great group of people who we do not want to split up. Everyone has different lives and can’t always be reliable with war especially.
    We’re a map 4 ally in all groups due to not having the time for 5 for a little extra perspective on our group.
    We had a run of 4 seasons in gold 2 and the rewards were epic, last season we dropped to g3 and this season if we continue could end up in silver.
    We’ve not lost any strong players and have only strengthened in every way but people are losing interest or don’t have as much time to fight war.
    I’m looking for a different idea than kicking.
    I want full diversity if we drop to 2 bgs so wouldn’t want to leave it as a free for all when joining.
    I’d be wanting about 10 players constantly in and maybe chop and change the rest.
    Does this work in other ally’s? Have people got a similar idea? I’d love to hear any options I could throw into the mix to try and get some glory back on the cards.
    How many wars do people have to fight in to earn season rewards?
    Cheers again

We did this for quite some time in my alliance and it worked really well. We had a 30 member alliance, but a lot of players started getting tired of the grind. Like you, we had a really good group and didn't want to boot people so we decided to reduce our activity.

We'd post a "sign up" in our line group 24 hrs before starting war. If 20 people signed up, we'd do 2bg. If we had less than 20, we'd only do 1bg. It worked out really well for us for about 2 years. After that we all just got kinda bored/tired of war so we stopped doing it completely. But yes, it can and does work as long as everyone in your alliance has the same mindset about it.
  • Options
    Jcobra25Jcobra25 Posts: 212 ★★
    Just stop stressing about aw all together bro. Make it two or even one bg only. And just tell people that join to try and keep an eye on diversity.

Honestly, AW has become a chore, or a luxury only worth for top players. Not fun at all for mid size player not spending a sheet ton of time or money in the game.
  • Options
    I don't get why people think war is a burden. These maps are so much shorter than previous ones, and with the bump in rewards, it's worth taking the little time it takes to do it. But to each his own.
  • Options
    PsychoakumaPsychoakuma Posts: 564 ★★
    It works for us. My mini account is in an ally that does 2 BG wars and we sit comfortably on Gold 2.

The way it works is: 15 people in BG1 chat, 15 in BG2 chat.

All the "big guns" always join war (say 5 people per BG) unless they advise they are going to be busy.

leader then rotates the 5 remaining slots between the other 10 people per BG ensuring each person has had 5 wars so they get season rewards, with the smallest account holders only having to do 5 wars.

Leader tags the 10 people who need to do each war before matchmaking and if someone is busy they mention it and leader swaps them out for someone else.

Quite a bit of admin i guess but he just runs it off a sheet of paper with 15 names per BG and writes a tally mark when each person has had a war lol, so can be done reasonably well.

For defence one officer looked at us all and sorted it. basically the bigger accounts place their best defence. then medium holders look at their best and see if any dupes with big accts. if yes then big account holders swap it out for something else as their roster is better. Lil accounts like mine essentially placing for diversity lol
  • Options
    RigidRigid Posts: 152
    Another way to run 2 group wars is to just swap in and out your AQ groups.

Sunday G1 and G2
    Wednesday G2 and G3
    Friday G1 and G3

Easy to plan for diversity that way and guarantees all players two wars a week so they get season rewards.
  • Options
    daveyj_196_daveyj_196_ Posts: 437
    Or, you could just make it so whoever wants to join can on a first come first serve basis. That's what we do in ours. Our only pre requisite is that you view defence before placing so diversity is as good as poss. We generally end up with the odd dupe but never go below mid 90s. We currently sit mid Silver 1 and finished last season in same bracket. No stress, not everyone wants to do wars and that is fine by us.
  • Options
    IRQIRQ Posts: 305 ★★
    How do you even reach this level of organization? Are your alliances any kind of premade? I'm an officer in mine and we can't get more than five people to use chat, let alone cooperate in any way. I'm not looking for ranks, I take what I get from the prizes but situations like losing a perfectly winnable war because 4/10 people in a group don't even bother putting up attackers or the weakest person in the group setting a 3* Guillotine as a boss (on a level where most of the defense is maxed 4s and r3-4 5s)and then arguing that first come = first serve are happening way too often and trigger me way too much.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    IRQ said:

How do you even reach this level of organization? Are your alliances any kind of premade? I'm an officer in mine and we can't get more than five people to use chat, let alone cooperate in any way. I'm not looking for ranks, I take what I get from the prizes but situations like losing a perfectly winnable war because 4/10 people in a group don't even bother putting up attackers or the weakest person in the group setting a 3* Guillotine as a boss (on a level where most of the defense is maxed 4s and r3-4 5s)and then arguing that first come = first serve are happening way too often and trigger me way too much.

That's when leadership needs to step up and state what the alliance goals actually are. If they aren't met, replace. If you don't like their direction, move on. You'll never change the behavior of players, but you can control whether they are in your alliance, as well as if you want to be in that kind of alliance. There are millions of players at every level, so you can find like minded folks to be in the alliance.
  • Options
    -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    We run 1bg wars and are currently in G2, we have strong players with solid accounts and recently bumped up to tier 3 so the multiplier increased. With the harder nodes we have 16 or 17 who rotate in at random to spread out resourses so guys don't end up spending. The wars aren't always easy, but we win more than we lose. Many guys only have to play the 5 war minimum. G2 rewards for 5 wars played isn't that bad. We don't even play during the offseason. Heck, we almost don't even worry about diversity. We won our last war and our diversity was only 30! I doubt you could get away with that in a tier lower than 4 though.