**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

How about capacity expansion for the overflow stash from 6.4 T2A?

I am very happy with the T2A in 6.4, but Im concerned with the overflow capacity to handle it all. I have 9 paths left in 6.4 and have T2A in the overflow even after taking up 2 R5's and 1 6* to R2. I have the sigil, but the capacity is not enough. Any plans or thoughts of increasing the capacity? Thank you

@Kabam Miike

Comments

• Options
    PitPenguinsPitPenguins Posts: 22
    Waaaaaaay too much t2a.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Have over 40 in overflow after exploration lol
  • Options
    buffajrbuffajr Posts: 413 ★★
    I would recommend not completing content if you don’t believe you will be able to use the resources before they expire, especially for higher tier end game resources like T2A and T5B.
  • Options
    AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,265 ★★★★★
    Why have a storage limit? What is the actual downside to removing the limit?
  • Options
    KevanproGKevanproG Posts: 308 ★★
    They should of gave out one week free summoner sigil
  • Options
    Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★

50% of this game is resource management and I enjoy that aspect of it. The current system forces you to properly manage your items and sometimes rank up champs you wouldn't ordinarily rank up, which can be fun. If you could stash infinite resources, that entire aspect of the game goes away.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian

50% of this game is resource management and I enjoy that aspect of it. The current system forces you to properly manage your items and sometimes rank up champs you wouldn't ordinarily rank up, which can be fun. If you could stash infinite resources, that entire aspect of the game goes away.
    That's one reason, and it is the most obvious one. By limiting maximum inventory you compel players to make choices about how to use those resources: they can't simply choose "not to choose" and stay on the sidelines indefinitely. That makes resource management more dynamic.

But there's another more subtle reason, and it is difficult to convey without a boat load of game theory. But consider gold in MCOC. Gold is uncapped: there is no limit to how much gold you can have (at least, no practical limit in sight). As a result, there is a huge range in both the earning rate and the total amounts of gold across the playerbase: some people have very little, some have hundreds of millions of gold.

Question: can you sell anything of significant value in the game for gold? Not really. If the price is small, the people with mega hordes of gold would be able to buy too much of it, but if the price is meaningful for those players it would be astronomical for everyone else. You can play games with purchase limits, but this is a major constraint on using gold as a manageable interchange resource in the game. You can mostly only use it in areas where valuations don't matter much.

For inventory capped resources, this is less of an issue. You don't have to worry about players having huge reservoirs of these because it is much more difficult to have those. They could *earn* them, but they have to spend most of them.

You could argue that whether they have them in inventory or spend them on rank ups that the player still "has" them, so isn't that the same thing? No, because of inflation. The game slowly inflates the power of the champions it adds to the game, the content it adds to the game, and the other abilities and effects in the game. Resources spent on a rank up begin to depreciate over time as the game evolves. Resources in the stash don't depreciate. And this inflation and depreciation effects are important game design components of games as a service, or at least for games like MCOC. If you like, it powers the treadmill that all players are on, that prevents them from simply sitting on past accomplishments while other players fail to be able to catch up to them.
  • Options
    -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    The amount of resources it takes to rank 5* and 6* the storage cap needs to be triple what it is. The increased inventory from the sigil is basically meaningless.
  • Options
    AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,265 ★★★★★
    Then at least increase the cap for cavalier!
  • Options
    Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★

Then at least increase the cap for cavalier!

While I don't think caps should be removed, I could certainly get behind the idea of having the limit increase. Maybe it's hidden behind walls like Cavalier/Uncollected titles, maybe they increase it once your account gets it's first R2 6*, then again with your first R3 6*...something like that could possibly work without breaking the balance of the game.