**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Doom Vs Black widow CV

AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,123 ★★★★
edited March 2020 in Strategy and Tips

End of season my plan was to Rank 5 doom, but I just pulled Claire, idk much about her so wanted the communities advice. How good is Claire compared to doom?

Comments

• Options
    WhathappenedWhathappened Posts: 747 ★★★
    Wish I had both to compare. BWCV is eluding me as a 5 star.
  • Options
    WfpkstevezillaWfpkstevezilla Posts: 121 ★★
    Doom is amazing but not great with suicides. Claire is also amazing but truly shines with suicides active.
  • Options
    Rordog said:

Both are very good. But take doom up first.

That’s good to hear, I was thinking just commit to doom, and pray for a 4-5 mystic gem from V3..

Hope you get you’re CV, But doom is incredible glad ya got him!

Doom is amazing but not great with suicides. Claire is also amazing but truly shines with suicides active.

Hm, I do not like running suicides. Hope she’s still beast without them
  • Options
    lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    Do you run suicides? Doom is great and also has amazing prestige, if your into that
    I believe that BWCV has more utillity and sustainability though
  • Options
    Ben345qBen345q Posts: 168
    You have a duped Diablo, what you thinking about that arena fodder for.
  • Options

Do you run suicides? Doom is great and also has amazing prestige, if your into that

Very much dislike running suicides and wish I could be refunded for wasting my units on them lmao. And yeah I needed the prestige boost which is why I chose him over my other many options, but Claire..she’s so beautiful man lol always said she’d be the garnish to my team if I pulled her. Sounds like she’s pretty great
  • Options
    Ben345q said:

You have a duped Diablo, what you thinking about that arena fodder for.

Lol, I actually do really like that guy. Wouldn’t r4 him but takin him to 3 someday
  • Options
    Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Ahitlaw said:

Rordog said:

Both are very good. But take doom up first.

That’s good to hear, I was thinking just commit to doom, and pray for a 4-5 mystic gem from V3..

Hope you get you’re CV, But doom is incredible glad ya got him!

Hm, I do not like running suicides. Hope she’s still beast without them
    I have a 4* BWCV and she doesn't really need suicides. Her base stats are high enough and there are many bleed/poison/incinerate immune champions to ramp-up.
  • Options
    awesomesauceawesomesauce Posts: 774 ★★★
    i have both 5/65, and both have their uses.
    Though I personally tend to favor BWCV, due to her ability to control her immunity and utility. She is probably my favorite champ in-game.

Not to knock doom, though. He's an absolute monster when used properly. Any summoner would benefit from having both of these champions ranked up.
  • Options
    altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    I have BWCV at 5/65. I have only used Doom as a 4 star.

I thoroughly enjoy the playstyle and animations of BWCV more than Doom. But that is just a personal preference.

I find her immunities to be useful more often than Doom's armor/shock immunity. Thus BWCV seems more useful across several different content.

Additionally, I like how BWCV buffs other champions (10% attack) against Villains. In contrast, Doom requires other team members to be dead to get attack buffs for himself. Depends whether you like using your entire team when questing, or if you just prefer to have one champion (Doom) to clear content with.

Doom does more damage than BWCV, so he's the way to go if you want a damage dealer with utility.

Both are amazing and you probably can't go wrong with either.

• Options
    Ok can someone please explain bwcv’s ramp up?
  • Options
    SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    Ahitlaw said:

Very much dislike running suicides and wish I could be refunded for wasting my units on them lmao. And yeah I needed the prestige boost which is why I chose him over my other many options, but Claire..she’s so beautiful man lol always said she’d be the garnish to my team if I pulled her. Sounds like she’s pretty great
    This is so crazy to me. I’ve ran suicides roughly 90% of the time for two years or so if I was to guess. The best champs in the game are the best because of them to a large degree.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Ahitlaw said:

Ok can someone please explain bwcv’s ramp up?

She does not ramp up.

Unless you are planning to boost your L2s with death touch/L3 thing. Don’t worry about it.
  • Options
    Smokely7Smokely7 Posts: 174 ★★
    Can bwcv handle a abyss run?
  • Options
    Smokely7 said:

Can bwcv handle a abyss run?

She can handle certain fights, but you can’t depend on one champ in the Abyss.
  • Options
    SDP said:

Ahitlaw said:

This is so crazy to me. I’ve ran suicides roughly 90% of the time for two years or so if I was to guess. The best champs in the game are the best because of them to a large degree.
    I have all the best suicide champs except Namor.’I dislike recoil too much.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Ahitlaw said:

SDP said:

Ahitlaw said:

I have all the best suicide champs except Namor.’I dislike recoil too much.
    I hear ya there, but many of the best suicide champs get that back. Some only require one special attack, or none at all. If you have Willpower,
    Omega regens at least 5% every fight, same with Corvus, and that’s all you really need. The attack bonus is worth the HP loss I feel most times. I think it actually saves you resources, not to mention time. If you have Nick Fury and one of the Pools, then it’s almost a no brainer a lot of the time.

AQ, Arena grinding and UC monthly events just get smashed.

Do your thing, man. I know it’s not for all. Different playstyle.
  • Options
    Yeah it jus devalues other champs of mine imo, more power to suicide users tho! They powerful lol