**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Terrax- Great Kit... but Wrong Numbers

zZayTtayzZayTtay Posts: 144
edited March 2020 in General Discussion
Okay, I'll give Kabam credit on this one. They did a fantastic job with Terrax's ability set. He is very tanky with his indestructibles and has a nice pair of immunities (bleed and shock). He can armor break opponents fairly easily and has a fun playstyle. However, he is very lacking in the damage department. I think it's pretty ridiculous that each of his armor breaks only reduces armor rating by 87 each and can only stack to 10. That's just an absurd number and gives him the weakest armor break in the game. Add that to the fact he can only increase his damage while in rockfield and through no other means and it's just pathetic imo. What I think Kabam should do is increase the potency of the armor breaks by 350% when rebalancing this champion making each one reduce 304.5 armor rating. It wouldn't make him a harder defender and it would reward him for the hassle of refreshing his armor breaks with light attacks. Another problem he has is that his special attacks are pretty weak. How about making his rock field activate at the beginning of the special and pausing both the armor breaks and the rock field to make them stronger? If you activate a special attack you run the risk of losing your armor breaks and those animations are just to cool to not deal any decent numbers. The animations will force you back which could save you from the rock field activation on defense. Please consider these changes and you'll see Terrax find more use without becoming a stronger defender.

Comments

• Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    @BigPoppaCBONE Agreed. Mordo would be way better if he had higher damage. So would champs like Gambit (Higher Crit rate, not overall damage increase), Sentry, and Cable
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,281 ★★★★★
    zZayTtay said:

“Great kit... but wrong numbers” applies to a lot of champs. Off the top Mordo, Pun2099, OG Black Panther, Man-Thing, Nova, and I’m sure all of us could add more.

Although I agree with your statement, we are talking about a new champ here not seen in the basic crystals yet. Kabam will likely be rebalancing champs in the future again so Terrax will indeed be among the ones changed, perhaps Nova, Surfer, and Mole Man too. I'm just throwing out a suggestion to how they could fix him with the rebalance.
    I hoping they get the idea that they don’t need to take a year with a rework and can quickly make the values of their abilities less silly.