**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

6* r3 Unduped Sentinel!

WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
edited March 2020 in General Discussion
I just pulled 6* Sentinel today and instantly knew he was going to r3. Sentinel is one of the most underrated characters in the game and definitely one of, if not, the best tech champ. I constantly encounter players that hate on Sentinel, but it is complete unwarranted.

Some people might think I’m crazy but the amount of use I get out of sentinel is ridiculous. I bring my 5* r5 to almost every single act 6 quest and most alliance wars. If you’re sitting on Sentinel you’re wasting an amazing champ. I took him up against the GM fight in 6.4.6 (masochism path) and he did really well. (Picture is of one attempt against the GM with half health on Sentinel).

Anyways, feel free to tell me I’m crazy, or ask any questions about the mysteries of life.

I may share some videos here as I start getting some more recordings with my new r3.

Comments

• WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    It's also time I change my profile picture from one of my old favorites Hyperion, to my current long standing favorite, Sentinel.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,244 ★★★★★
    I'm on board. Had him R4 5* for a while now.
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    Another sentinel lover!!
    I'd consider him R5 material. My aim is set on HT at the moment. After that perhaps.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Hes really solid but R3 unduped, I couldn't do it
    He'll still hit Full Analysis. It just takes longer. I took him to R4 before I Duped him. Not quite 6* R3, but same principle.

Werewrym said:

It's also time I change my profile picture from one of my old favorites Hyperion, to my current long standing favorite, Sentinel.

those extra 20 charges make a huge difference, but if you're a sentinel mark with a tech t5cc laying about, why not? that pi is a killer tho. yikes!
    It’s useful for some fights but ultimately it doesn’t change the fight it just adds a little bit more to the charge up time. I don’t have an issue with it typically.

I'd consider him R5 material. My aim is set on HT at the moment. After that perhaps.

Don’t have HT but I know he’s really good. Seriously though, you need to r5 Sentinel, one of the best decisions I ever made.
  • SmashSmash Posts: 808 ★★★
    Congrats OP for the rank up. To be fair I don’t think he’s underrated. Most of the community thinks he’s awesome. Btw if I were you I’d turn on suicides. I’m posting a pic just to show why. Would love to see the attack of r3.

Werewrym said:

Don’t have HT but I know he’s really good. Seriously though, you need to r5 Sentinel, one of the best decisions I ever made.
    I just might. He's already over Sig 100.
  • spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    He was my second 6/2. No regrets whatsoever. Wouldn’t hesitate taking him to r3.
  • EdeuinkEdeuink Posts: 1,263 ★★★★
    I’m a player hoping to start act 6 in the coming months. Only have 4 r4 5 stars and 1 6 star.
    Is I duped sentinel worth 5 star r4 even if I already have darkhawk at r4?
    Edeuink said:

I’m a player hoping to start act 6 in the coming months. Only have 4 r4 5 stars and 1 6 star.

Absolutely.
    Edeuink said:

100% worthy. Sentinel is far more useful than DH who relies heavily on synergies. Rank that robot up right away! Have you done V3? He’ll also run over that content.

He was my second 6/2. No regrets whatsoever. Wouldn’t hesitate taking him to r3.

Awesome! Love to see people using Sentinel. I am given such a hard time in my alliance. It all rolls off my back of course, I just don’t understand the dislike for him.
  • EgretM4EgretM4 Posts: 172 ★★
    Why is he good? I have an r3 5* and was thinking of r4 just for biohazard and variant but I don’t really like using him. And don’t really get why people say he’s great. I might be using him wrong

So why do you guys like him so much and what’s best rotation?
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Werewrym said:

Yeah I know most people wouldn’t do it. But I’m not most people. Even unduped sentinel kicks butt in every single game mode.
    I have him as a maxed 5* and a duped R1 6* currently. He's only of my better tech R3 options for prestige but I just dont think I could do it unduped

Werewrym said:

Yeah I know most people wouldn’t do it. But I’m not most people. Even unduped sentinel kicks butt in every single game mode.
    I have him as a maxed 5* and a duped R1 6* currently. He's only of my better tech R3 options for prestige but I just dont think I could do it unduped
    Yeah, prestige... I guess I sort of neglected that for this rank up. My prestige kinda sucks in general though because I don’t purchase offers meaning it’s incredibly difficult to get sigs. So it really wasn’t a big deal and even if it was I wouldn’t be able to max sig any champs (or even get close) so they’d be very low prestige still.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★
    edited March 2020
    Grats on the rank up man!

Mine is at R2 duped. Was a toss up between him and unduped Ghost for R3. So Ghost went up. If I get another Tech from AoL exploration, he’s definitely going up.
    xNig said:

Grats on the rank up man!

Mine is at R2 duped. Was a toss up between him and unduped Ghost for R3. So Ghost went up. If I get another Tech from AoL exploration, he’s definitely going up.

Thanks xNig! That is a really tough dilemma. I probably would have gone with ghost as well just because I don’t have her as 5*.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    I already had Warlock, Sparky and Ghost maxed out as 4 stars, but I just maxed out Sentinel too, unduped. He's just so fun and satisfying to play. Hopefully, he can do some good work for me in V3 too.
  • Das_giDas_gi Posts: 320 ★★
    Ghost, warlock and G2099 all 3 are better and then probably sentinel because of his immunities over starky
    Das_gi said:

Ghost, warlock and G2099 all 3 are better and then probably sentinel because of his immunities over starky

This is where we’ll have to disagree. They’re all definitely good champs, but I would rank Sentinel on the same level as these 3 champs.
    Etjama said:

I already had Warlock, Sparky and Ghost maxed out as 4 stars, but I just maxed out Sentinel too, unduped. He's just so fun and satisfying to play. Hopefully, he can do some good work for me in V3 too.

Maxed 4* Sentinel can pretty much do the entire V3 on his own
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★
    Werewrym said:

Das_gi said:

This is where we’ll have to disagree. They’re all definitely good champs, but I would rank Sentinel on the same level as these 3 champs.
    Agree with that. From a utility perspective, Sentinel can
    - Inflict Shock (wink Thunderstruck)
    - Inflict Incinerate (wink Pleasure to Burn)
    - Dual Immune
    - Heal Block
    - Armor Break
    - Regen

And has a massive health pool.

Can’t find many champs that can cover so much ground. He was my first R2, never regretted it.
    xNig said:

Werewrym said:

Das_gi said:

Agree with that. From a utility perspective, Sentinel can
    - Inflict Shock (wink Thunderstruck)
    - Inflict Incinerate (wink Pleasure to Burn)
    - Dual Immune
    - Heal Block
    - Armor Break
    - Regen

And has a massive health pool.

Can’t find many champs that can cover so much ground. He was my first R2, never regretted it.
    On top of all those things I’d add a couple of my own.

-Basically 100% crit resistance at max analysis (except guaranteed crits)
    -Massive base attack at max analysis

One other thing that I know lots of players hate, but I love. His short dash back allows for easy baiting of opponents heavy attacks. In most fights where specials can be avoided or dexed, Sentinel doesn’t need to take a single blocked hit from the defender because it is fairly easy to bait out their heavy attacks without taking a blocked hit.

I find these 2-3 things particularly useful in war. On path 4 he destroys the Dominos which seem to be a struggle for lots of players and even if you screw up Domino won’t crit against you so mistakes are less punishing. He also does well against high crit resistant champs or against the crit resistant mini because of his high damage output at max analysis.

I don’t see a lot of people bringing Sentinel to war but I’ve been bringing him to almost every war for many months now. He’s extremely versatile and he doesn’t have a lot of bad matchups.
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,739 ★★★★★

He'll still hit Full Analysis. It just takes longer. I took him to R4 before I Duped him. Not quite 6* R3, but same principle.

I have to disagree here, I usually have full analysis before enemy throws the 2nd SP. From this reason I think that Sentinel doesn't need to be awakened