**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Parting thoughts

Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
This is basically the first mobile game that managed to make me a daily player. Been playing in excess of 4 years. Spent more than I would ever imagine on a mobile game but far less than most, probably something like $600 all in. Many great relationships built over time and an awesome community. Managed to complete act 6 but no paths down with abyss, everything else in game explored (1 path lol). I have been hyper critical at times but reality is the quality of the product speaks for itself purely based on how long and often I have come back.

All of this said I opted to stop. I have 3 r2 and 8 r5 5*. Prestige just over 10k. I view myself as an upper middle player. My honest opinion is that there just isn’t enough content for a player like me anymore. It’s just an opinion so please no reason to argue. Exploring act 6 is just too much time in playing and farming resources. Abyss is to expensive if you don’t have certain champs, and rng means you may never land them. Aq is stale and we just entered a new season which means it’s not going to be any less stale anytime soon. War is broken beyond comprehension with horrific match making and tactics that drain any fun out of it, for me. Epic monthly quest are too easy and the rewards mean next to nothing. The tie over this month for the new game was likely the last straw. For me, I just have no interest whatsoever in Realm and this game feels like an after thought at this point.

So in the end thank you for an awesome game and a great community. This is one of the more addicting time killers I have ever run into. For me it has run its course but I am not leaving in anger, just it’s time. Thanks for the fun

Comments

• KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,739 ★★★★★
    Nicely written :smile: Can only approve that
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,264 ★★★★★
    To each his own, as we all should be doing what makes us happy. Good luck to you

With that said, I have a different view. I've been playing for roughly 5 years, 10k+ prestige, leader of top 150 AQ, platinum 4 alliance, and 100% F2P. Most in my alliance are heavy hitters, going after content when it gets released. My approach is much different, and much slower. I haven't been lucky to get a handful of champs that really help clear content, old ones like medusa, middle age like aegon, and of course newer ones like fury and doom. Yes, it's frustrating to see others get those champs and go after abyss and complete act 6. But for me, if I don't have the champs, I don't bother wasting resources trying to clear those. I stay patient, most of the time, and just keep on a track to collect shards and hope for the best when I pop crystals. I'm an arena grinder, and in the minority because I actually enjoy them! Arenas give me the shards and currency needed to maintain the alliance levels we're at, because I hoard chips and units. My final point is that because I'm slower than those who go after everything quick, I stay with this game because I know eventually I'll pull a miracle champ and will be able to go after the higher content. It also helps my alliance is full of great people and players! Like I said earlier, to each his own. Go do what makes you happy!!!
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,768 ★★★★★

To each his own, as we all should be doing what makes us happy. Good luck to you

With that said, I have a different view. I've been playing for roughly 5 years, 10k+ prestige, leader of top 150 AQ, platinum 4 alliance, and 100% F2P. Most in my alliance are heavy hitters, going after content when it gets released. My approach is much different, and much slower. I haven't been lucky to get a handful of champs that really help clear content, old ones like medusa, middle age like aegon, and of course newer ones like fury and doom. Yes, it's frustrating to see others get those champs and go after abyss and complete act 6. But for me, if I don't have the champs, I don't bother wasting resources trying to clear those. I stay patient, most of the time, and just keep on a track to collect shards and hope for the best when I pop crystals. I'm an arena grinder, and in the minority because I actually enjoy them! Arenas give me the shards and currency needed to maintain the alliance levels we're at, because I hoard chips and units. My final point is that because I'm slower than those who go after everything quick, I stay with this game because I know eventually I'll pull a miracle champ and will be able to go after the higher content. It also helps my alliance is full of great people and players! Like I said earlier, to each his own. Go do what makes you happy!!!

Im the same way. Slow and steady. I do have 5 r5 5* and have yet to pull a 6* id r2 as of yet. I havent gone for cavalier because im not a fan of no retreat but i probably have enough units and items saved up but im just in no hurry. Things will happen for me when its time to happen. UC monthly is easy now but when the next difficulty does finally drop itll all start over and im ok with that. Theres never a reason to go balls to the wall in a game like this unless you know you can shell out that kind of cash to keep up with the rest of the big dogs. Find your happy middle ground. You dictate how the game is played. Not others.
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    I respect the opinions being expressed but it is not getting my point. I didn’t rush through anything. I saved and planned. I am not stating that the content is too hard for me to do this second rather I no longer desire grinding the amount that is needed to do the content. I saved 4K units to complete 6.4 and was part of the beta. I had a pretty solid idea what I was heading into. It doesn’t matter really just felt like clarifying.
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    How it ends for us all

Either you quit the game or the game ends

No shame in either. Nothing lasts forever
  • Solrac_2Solrac_2 Posts: 497 ★★
    edited March 2020
    When it is all said and done, it is a grind, especially as you reach the endgame. Think how much Brian Grant would grind until he found out you can't live life itemless and had to get a real job. Either that or you spend a lot of $$$. Similar boat as you. I'm just trying to hold out until the summer, since I generally have a lot of free time then. Ftp for 4 years too. Thanks for sharing your story.