Champion Spotlight - Kingpin

The Kingpin is a man of means, and a mean man. Check out his Spotlight for all the information that you need about the ultimate Crime boss. https://playcontestofchampions.com/champion-spotlight-kingpin/

Comments

• Will rage count as a buff, and count as an expiring buff for mystic dispersion?
  • ChimpChimp Posts: 15
    edited August 2017
    Can rage be nullified
  • will-o-wispwill-o-wisp Posts: 6,544 ★★★★★
    edited August 2017
    Is the 150% boost to his attack a legit value?

Also, how much time lasts his heavy attack? I ask this to know if he will have some kind of heavy hitter ability, were we can't attack him right after he does his heavy
  • Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 219
    he is going to be like Agent Venom on steroids.
    not just removing the parry and other debuffs, but also convert it to rage.
    can't even bait his heavy and counter because it make him unstoppable.
    +6.5s of unstoppable after sp2?! worst than jugg... can't even parry him until the unstoppable timer is over.
  • edited August 2017
    Will rage count as a buff, and count as an expiring buff for mystic dispersion?
    Chimp wrote: »
    Can rage be nullified

Rage does not count as a buff, so it won't trigger MD and can't be nullified, but Overpower does count as a Fury buff, and does interact with other abilities.
  • D_Ace_71D_Ace_71 Posts: 137
    Really looking forward to seeing him in action!
  • ChimpChimp Posts: 15
    Will rage count as a buff, and count as an expiring buff for mystic dispersion?
    Chimp wrote: »
    Can rage be nullified

Rage does not count as a buff, so it won't trigger MD and can't be nullified, but Overpower does count as a Fury buff, and does interact with other abilities.

Does dexterity count as an "evade" and will it feed him Rage Buffs?
  • D_Ace_71D_Ace_71 Posts: 137
    D_Ace_71 wrote: »
    Really looking forward to seeing him in action!

I won't spoil anything, but he has one of my favourite Special 3 animations in the game!

Outstanding!
  • eXtripa69 wrote: »
    Is the 150% boost to his attack a legit value?

Also, how much time lasts his heavy attack? I ask this to know if he will have some kind of heavy hitter ability, were we can't attack him right after he does his heavy

If you're referring to his Overpower, it does grant a 150% Attack Bonus. He does go unstoppable during his heavy attack, but there is a cooldown, so you won't be able to just spam your heavy attack over and over.
  • Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728
    It says that he has a 50% chance to convert a debuff into a permanent rage with no effect. Then right after it says each rage increases attack and power gain rate. This seems conflicting.
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 1,930 ★★★★
    Kingpin is looking like a awesome champ.
  • FAL7ENFAL7EN Posts: 297
    Kingpin is looking like a awesome champ.
    Yea, I wish every champ in this game could give the same response.

• winterthurwinterthur Posts: 3,360 ★★★
    Heavy Attacks

• While charging a Heavy Attack, Kingpin becomes Unstoppable for 0.8 seconds and has 1333.33 additional Physical Resistance.

• If Kingpin lands 3 Heavy Attacks within 2.5 seconds of each other he gains Fury, increasing his Attack by 878.25 for 10 seconds.

• While Kingpin has this Fury Buff, he cannot become Unstoppable.

Looks like need to learn activating heavy attack.
  • becauseicantbecauseicant Posts: 283 ★★

He does go unstoppable during his heavy attack, but there is a cooldown, so you won't be able to just spam your heavy attack over and over.

By cooldown are you referring to the fact that he can't become unstoppable while his heavy attack fury is active? Because if you mean there is a different cooldown for his heavy attack being unstoppable how is a player supposed to land 3 heavy attacks within 2.5 seconds against anything other than the most tame AI?
  • He would be an awesome champ if his PI wasn't in the 40s.....no skill except GP allowed in the top 15? I assume his 5* is the same situation....
  • It says kingpin overpower buff increases attack by 2927.5. Is this stat correct? Seems like a lot?
  • will-o-wispwill-o-wisp Posts: 6,544 ★★★★★
    It says kingpin overpower buff increases attack by 2927.5. Is this stat correct? Seems like a lot?

Miike confirmed it in the previous posts
  • Can't wait to see some gameplay
  • Wordy12Wordy12 Posts: 208
    Hey kabam miike, does he use his staff at all to attack?
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 557 ★★★
    Like Vincent "Kingpin" D'Onofrio
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 637
    Sounds like a good defender to generate money
  • DucimusDucimus Posts: 26
    Viper1987 wrote: »
    It says that he has a 50% chance to convert a debuff into a permanent rage with no effect. Then right after it says each rage increases attack and power gain rate. This seems conflicting.

The way i understood it was that a each debuff AND rage will combine to increase his attack and power gain. So a debuff or a rage alone will not do anything but if both are present, then he becomes deadlier. The fact that he can convert a debuff into a rage will evidently reduce his odds of hulking out but then his overpower mode can kick in after a while. Seems like a good attempt at balance. Hope it works out well in game.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 1,769 ★★★
    Could I ask for clarity from @Kabam Miike about the way this fairly monstrous character gains strength from debuffs?

Does Kingpin gain Attack and Power Gain from every single debuff active on him, or from every unique type of debuffs; like the Willpower Mastery?

If the latter, he does seem a teensy tiniest bit overpowered. Like the personification of Willpower pre 12.0! Especially considering he doesn't need awakening for any of his abilities. Compare him to DDNF and his 6-second Accuracy boost per debuffs, that doesn't stack.
    Add a follow-up question, does Archangel's unawakened ability to reduce Tenacity affect Kingpin's ability to shrug off debuffs, or only his Awakened ability to reduce ability accuracy?
  • RomissyRomissy Posts: 27
    [/quote]

The way i understood it was that a each debuff AND rage will combine to increase his attack and power gain. So a debuff or a rage alone will not do anything but if both are present, then he becomes deadlier. The fact that he can convert a debuff into a rage will evidently reduce his odds of hulking out but then his overpower mode can kick in after a while. Seems like a good attempt at balance. Hope it works out well in game.[/quote]

more like each rage and each debuff give attack +power gain, when you reach any combination of 8 debuffs and rage you transform them into an overpower buff
    I think that @Romissey is right; and he's going to have a lot of attack bonus a lot of the time; as currently there are no characters who can remove counters like his Rage, or OML's/Groot's pacifism.

Have to say, a 6.5 second Unstoppable seems way overpowered, compared with Juggernaut's maximum 3.5 seconds, which he only gets when Awakened. Basically he's Juggernaut on steroids (or in the context of the game, on Iso-8).

I'm hoping that as Stagger is a passive, it can stop him gaining the Overpower buff. So I'm thinking that (original) Juggernaut is the way to go - no debuffs, lots of resilience, and Stagger.
  • Wordy12Wordy12 Posts: 208
    His SPs don't match his character at all, I was hoping for a machine gun staff attack, not a magic/poison gas and laser?!?!?!?! yet another failed classic villan by kabam
  • MattyloMattylo Posts: 234
    When is his 5* crystal? @Kabam Miike